Feb 7, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #1,396 of 2,207
Another leather case from TRULIS.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=765208465306
TRULIS-LeatherCase1.JPG

TRULIS-LeatherCase2.JPG

TRULIS-LeatherCase3.JPG

TRULIS-LeatherCase4.JPG

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #1,397 of 2,207
Too early to judge but from a first impression it looks like a poor design choice. What prevents the DAC from sliding over on top of the cooler ? Also huge for a 12v power adapter. Looks like most of it is just a fan and then a small part of it for the power.

The leather case looks nice !

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #1,398 of 2,207
xDuoo 05FS1 - 12V power supply with cooling function for XD05 Pro is coming...
No eta and price info atm
https://weibo.com/5071475538/NFj1T4IEV
xDuoo-05FS1_1.JPG
xDuoo-05FS1_2.JPG
xDuoo-05FS1_3.JPG
A bit too late, cause I've already purchased a linear 12V power supply from Aliexpress at a very good price 😁 anyway, it is good to know that Xduoo is making some new stuff for XD05PRO 👍

I'm really waiting for an additional dedicated "reversed OP-AMP board" or dedicated "OP-AMP board extenders" to make possible to fit and to test my Burson V6 op-amps 🥹

I've found a similar item on Aliexpress, but not sure if it would work 🤔

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwHLGkH

Feb 7, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #1,400 of 2,207
My unit under a full load just a little bit warm under TURBO mode, it is far from hot. Don't see any reason for such device to exist.
I agree, at this stage just make it a desktop version and then with the increased size all op amps from all manufacturers will now fit. The amp stage could be made all discrete and swap-able as well. The idea could be reversed. Make the additional power supply a huge battery when and if you need to move it i.e. transportable. My concern at this stage is the problems with this unit seem to be rising. These could all be attributed to the first batch hitting the market.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #1,401 of 2,207
My unit under a full load just a little bit warm under TURBO mode, it is far from hot. Don't see any reason for such device to exist.
With certain op-amps, it gets hot enough to fry an omelette even in Normal mode.
For eg. the Sparkos SS3602s. With the Burson v5i-Ds it wasn't so hot. The stock OPA1612s runs the coolest.

This is in winter now btw where the ambient temperature is quite low.
In summer I can't imagine how hot this thing will get.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #1,402 of 2,207
With certain op-amps, it gets hot enough to fry an omelette even in Normal mode.
For eg. the Sparkos SS3602s. With the Burson v5i-Ds it wasn't so hot. The stock OPA1612s runs the coolest.

This is in winter now btw where the ambient temperature is quite low.
In summer I can't imagine how hot this thing will get.

if u use batt mode, the unit will get hotter.. maybe because the battery heats up especially in turbo mode.

well in my country, room temp is about 28-29 C / 82.4-84.2 F, while outdoor temp around 30-32 C/ 86-89 F

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #1,403 of 2,207
if u use batt mode, the unit will get hotter.. maybe because the battery heats up especially in turbo mode.

well in my country, room temp is about 28-29 C / 82.4-84.2 F, while outdoor temp around 30-32 C/ 86-89 F
I never use battery mode, only running on EXT.
Like I said, it depends on which op-amp you are using. If you have the stock one, sure it runs cool.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #1,404 of 2,207
Just made an order on this beast. Should have it within a week or 2. I see some have had issues though. I don't think I'll be changing anything such as dacs and op amps. And I'll most likely be using it on low and med gain. Battery power here and there too. Source will be my phone with UAPP. So what are issues I should keep an eye on and how to prevent them?

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #1,405 of 2,207
Just made an order on this beast. Should have it within a week or 2. I see some have had issues though. I don't think I'll be changing anything such as dacs and op amps. And I'll most likely be using it on low and med gain. Battery power here and there too. Source will be my phone with UAPP. So what are issues I should keep an eye on and how to prevent them?

Buy a 12V power supply (perhaps analogue) with USBC output (or make do with some adapters) to be able to use it in EXT mode.

About halfway through the thread you will find many posts about what and where to buy. I have no other suggestions to make.

Feb 8, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #1,406 of 2,207
I have not had any issues so far (Touchwood). I have changed a few op-amps, no DAC change.
Other than what @Ferdinando1968 said above, I would also stress for you to install the rubber feet that come in the package immediately. This way the device is lifted off the ground and it helps with the heat produced.

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #1,407 of 2,207
I am experiencing a very slight delay on playback via the mac with my new XD05Pro - I notice it on music and on YouTube, right when it first starts playing. It's odd because when I click play on youtube after a bout of silence, the delay happens, when I quickly start the video over and there's only a short amount of time between playing back the video, the delay doesn't happen. Anyone have any idea of what's going on ?

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #1,408 of 2,207
I am experiencing a very slight delay on playback via the mac with my new XD05Pro - I notice it on music and on YouTube, right when it first starts playing. It's odd because when I click play on youtube after a bout of silence, the delay happens, when I quickly start the video over and there's only a short amount of time between playing back the video, the delay doesn't happen. Anyone have any idea of what's going on ?

Have you noticed the light on the back of the unit going red before the delay happens?

If it happens with the Music app, do you notice a small part of the beginning of a track being cut off as a result of the delay (on a track with no silence in the beginning)?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #1,410 of 2,207
For me I just used a high power INVZI 140w charger and put it in the 140w usb c jack. The chargers these days are auto sensing and can deliver the power it needs. It probably voids your warranty.

It got all the power it needs on TURBO mode.

USB-C3: Max 140W, PD: 28V/5A, 20V/5A, 15V/3A, 12V/3A, 9V/3A, 5V/3A. PPS: 4-11V/5A, 4-21V/4A.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back