XDUoo XD05PRO
Sep 5, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #616 of 2,267
doesn't this diagram shows that Class A amplification is available at all gain modes?

1693923255964.png

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #620 of 2,267
After using the BURSON AUDIO SUPREME SOUND OPAMP V5i for a few days,
today is the turn to try the SPARKOS LABS SS3602.

Unfortunately, their assembly presented some mechanical difficulties, which can be solved in any case.

Even without additional sockets, unfortunately in my case it was not possible to fit the OP-AMP card into its housing.

After verifying there is a a bit of abundance in the lateral glass-nite of the PCB (and having verified the absence of copper traces in that area),
I proceeded to remove a little excess glass-nite to allow the insertion of the board in its housing.

Subsequently, I proceeded to cut and grind the pins that connect the 2 boards (only the indispensable ones), to prevent them from contacting the filter capacitors on the OP-AMP board.

With the help of a multimeter I have verified that the capacitor chassis would appear to be isolated from both capacitor pins, so in theory there would be no problem if the pins of the OP-AMPs were in contact with the capacitors,

However caution is never enough.

As an added safety measure, I've insulated the capacitor chassis with insulating foil; it is not very aesthetically beautiful, but I prefer tranquility to the aesthetics of something that cannot be seen anyway.

Once everything was done, I inserted the board into its slot, and away with listening.

IMG_5804.jpeg
IMG_5805.jpeg
IMG_5806.jpeg
IMG_5807.jpeg
IMG_5809.jpeg
IMG_5810.jpeg
IMG_5811.jpeg
IMG_5812.jpeg
IMG_5813.jpeg
IMG_5816.jpeg
IMG_5817.jpeg

Sep 5, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #621 of 2,267
After using the BURSON AUDIO SUPREME SOUND OPAMP V5i for a few days,
today is the turn to try the SPARKOS LABS SS3602.

Unfortunately, their assembly presented some mechanical difficulties, which can be solved in any case.

Even without additional sockets, unfortunately in my case it was not possible to fit the OP-AMP card into its housing.

After verifying there is a a bit of abundance in the lateral glass-nite of the PCB (and having verified the absence of copper traces in that area),
I proceeded to remove a little excess glass-nite to allow the insertion of the board in its housing.

Subsequently, I proceeded to cut and grind the pins that connect the 2 boards (only the indispensable ones), to prevent them from contacting the filter capacitors on the OP-AMP board.

With the help of a multimeter I have verified that the capacitor chassis would appear to be isolated from both capacitor pins, so in theory there would be no problem if the pins of the OP-AMPs were in contact with the capacitors,

However caution is never enough.

As an added safety measure, I've insulated the capacitor chassis with insulating foil; it is not very aesthetically beautiful, but I prefer tranquility to the aesthetics of something that cannot be seen anyway.

Once everything was done, I inserted the board into its slot, and away with listening.

I am now quite surprised: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17713567
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/post-17713882

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #624 of 2,267
Sep 5, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #626 of 2,267
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/39_burson-audio

There are also two distributors in Poland but the prices were better for me from audiophonics.
I already checked that but they dont have the 2x dual in stock.
I’m wondering if it’s worth buying 2 pieces of dual separately for the price and if it would make any difference.
2x 75 euros
1x 60 euros

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #627 of 2,267
I’m wondering if it’s worth buying 2 pieces of dual separately for the price and if it would make any difference.
2x 75 euros
1x 60 euros
They should restock quickly. I ordered mine on Sunday 27.08 and my guess is that a good portion of the stock has been bought up by our fellow members from the head-fi.

If you're keen to have one straight away think for yourself whether you'll pay extra for the difference.

Alternatively, see the burson website for a list of distributors - you may find one in Germany that suits you.

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #628 of 2,267
The orange color of the diode led indicates a fully charged battery?

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #629 of 2,267
2x 75 euros
1x 60 euros
I ordered mine also from audiophonics.fr, I think you better wait for restock (two dual for 75€) regarding the price difference. For me personally the difference in sound is quite noticeable when compared to stock OPA1612 - which already sounds good to me, but with V5i-D sound become even better in every aspect.

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #630 of 2,267
I ordered mine also from audiophonics.fr, I think you better wait for restock (two dual for 75€) regarding the price difference. For me personally the difference in sound is quite noticeable when compared to stock OPA1612 - which already sounds good to me, but with V5i-D sound become even better in every aspect.
Yea I will wait. I don’t like paying resellers who overprice items when demand is high (reminds me of nvidia).
I tried to buy from the official Burson website but Paypal is not working there.

Oh and I finally got my XD05Pro ! Will post impression and details soon, busy at work this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back