XDUoo XD05PRO
Aug 11, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #226 of 2,219
I already have the bal2... and that was a recent purchase.
Would it be worthwhile to buy this one if I sell my bal2?

Also, hope they sell different color nobs, I like how one of the photos shared here shows different colored turning nobs

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #227 of 2,219
I already have the bal2... and that was a recent purchase.
Would it be worthwhile to buy this one if I sell my bal2?

Also, hope they sell different color nobs, I like how one of the photos shared here shows different colored turning nobs
If you can live with paying more for better sound and it being slightly more than 2.5 times the size of the bal2.

Aug 11, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #228 of 2,219
Since Apos says they're releasing some cards at the end of the month, I'm going to wait until then to decide. The Bal2 has somewhat similar specs unless you're using high impedance equipment. Obviously not as much power there, but adding the price of the cards and the linear power supply are going to add considerably to the price, I think.

But that R2R card....

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #231 of 2,219
Since Apos says they're releasing some cards at the end of the month, I'm going to wait until then to decide. The Bal2 has somewhat similar specs unless you're using high impedance equipment. Obviously not as much power there, but adding the price of the cards and the linear power supply are going to add considerably to the price, I think.

But that R2R card....
What is this R2R chip you're mentioned
?

Aug 11, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #232 of 2,219
What is this R2R chip you're mentioned
?
Without getting too technical (which I can't do), instead of a DAC chips the D/A conversion is handled by resistors. I've never heard one, but they're very popular noway and people say they're more analogue sounding. But the big deal here is being able to switch back and forth. That's not common, and I'm not sure if there is something similar on the market. Mostly it's one or the other, and R2R units are not cheap. There are some dongles that are about $250, but the prices go way up from there, like the HiBy DACs.

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #235 of 2,219
Without getting too technical (which I can't do), instead of a DAC chips the D/A conversion is handled by resistors. I've never heard one, but they're very popular noway and people say they're more analogue sounding. But the big deal here is being able to switch back and forth. That's not common, and I'm not sure if there is something similar on the market. Mostly it's one or the other, and R2R units are not cheap. There are some dongles that are about $250, but the prices go way up from there, like the HiBy DACs.
I am sold 🥲

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #236 of 2,219
I don't see xd-05 pro there, jut plus and bal models.
1691777734509.png

Aug 11, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #237 of 2,219
If the R2R module is competitive sounding against a DAP like the Hiby RS8 then they will have a killer product on their hands, at least for me! hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back