XDUoo XD05PRO
Jan 19, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #63 of 2,199
Looks very promising with SE 2W 32ohm. Balanced output could be more, along with switchable DACs while being portable with multiple sources of inputs. The features present on this thing bests every portable DAC/Amps out there. Now we just need to know its price and how it compares to the FiiO Q7 & Shanling H7.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #64 of 2,199
I'll see if I can post pictures later.
1) You have to be ok with voiding your warranty because it involves snapping one of sockets in half to get it bend to the left far enough to fit them both, by moving the left socket to the left as far as possible to get both to fit side by side and potentially bend some capacitors out of the way.
2) I used a cut to shape piece of kiln paper (fireproof paper) and cut a piece of the outside of a cardboard soda box, kiln paper touching the opamp and cardboard touching the case, i stacked them so the exposed solder leads from the opamps don't touch the top of the metal case and cause a short.
3) Carefully slide into the case and squeeze with paper/thin cardboard still over the opamps. Turn on make sure it still makes sound then screw the faceplate back on.
4) The noise floor on the opamp also picks up more noise from moving the volume, it sounds like scratching, more noticeable on IEMs, this is almost practically eliminated with the Ifi iemmatch.
5) Beyond that, the sound is astounding and dynamic. I've been using it like this for the better part of a year now.

Here are the pics with the Sparkos ss3602's in place inside of the XDuoo XD05 Bal, they barely fit, I used a slightly thicker piece of cardboardish paper (non conductive - same thickness as your typical 12 pack of soda packaging) and kiln paper (heat resistent) to shield it from shorting its exposed solder leads with the top of the case. Had to trim some of the opamp leads that were protruding a bit to make it squeeze through ( you can see some of the leads of the opamp look trimmed/cut ). That one socket is cut in half to make it shift a little to left. The capacitors that were in the way had just enough play to flex/bend and move them a bit so the opamps could squeeze by.

Pic5.jpg
Pic4.jpg
Pic1.jpg
Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #65 of 2,199
It is very huge. It's not a small brick it's a big one :).And bigger than FiiO Q7.

Q7: 158x88x28mm - weight = 620g
XD-05 pro: 185x95x32mm - Weight =?

In some of the earlier advertising it mentions "aptx and LDAC" so bluetooth should be supported.
I think the word you may be looking for is mahoosive.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #67 of 2,199
Here are the pics with the Sparkos ss3602's in place inside of the XDuoo XD05 Bal, they barely fit, I used a slightly thicker piece of cardboardish paper (non conductive - same thickness as your typical 12 pack of soda packaging) and kiln paper (heat resistent) to shield it from shorting its exposed solder leads with the top of the case. Had to trim some of the opamp leads that were protruding a bit to make it squeeze through ( you can see some of the leads of the opamp look trimmed/cut ). That one socket is cut in half to make it shift a little to left. The capacitors that were in the way had just enough play to flex/bend and move them a bit so the opamps could squeeze by.

Pic5.jpgPic4.jpgPic1.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpg

Wow! Now that's a tight squeeze! 😳

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #72 of 2,199
Feb 14, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #75 of 2,199
Correction. Instead of the originally announced 9038pro.

In other words, for the exhibition they will be demoing both the ES9039pro and ROHM modules. At least that’s what the google translated article says.
I only wish it had more output power like bx2 plus or something and we could all retire from purchasing dac/amps/desktops 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back