XDUoo XD05PRO
Sep 29, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 2,199
Wonder if there’s any chance that they add a r2r dac option in the future?

I'm not sure how that would work here. AFAIK, R2R is an entirely different architecture from the delta-sigma chip implementations being used here. I'm all for it if there's a way to pull it off and I'm certainly not an electrical engineer so maybe there is. Some of my favorite DACs are R2R after all.

Then again, a nicely done delta-sigma and well implemented off the shelf chips can be mighty fine in their own right. Either way, this seems like a very versatile piece of kit as it is.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #17 of 2,199
I'm not sure how that would work here. AFAIK, R2R is an entirely different architecture from the delta-sigma chip implementations being used here. I'm all for it if there's a way to pull it off and I'm certainly not an electrical engineer so maybe there is. Some of my favorite DACs are R2R after all.

Then again, a nicely done delta-sigma and well implemented off the shelf chips can be mighty fine in their own right. Either way, this seems like a very versatile piece of kit as it is.
+1 for R2R module.
It definitely is possible.
Cayin RU6 and R01 module are examples that R2R can be implemented in ultra portable forms as well.

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #18 of 2,199
+1 for R2R module.
It definitely is possible.
Cayin RU6 and R01 module are examples that R2R can be implemented in ultra portable forms as well.

I own the RU6 and I'm aware that it can be made portable. What I'm saying is that unless you've engineered a product from the beginning to incorporate fully swappable architecture I don't think you can do it and have a true R2R solution. I don't know if xDuoo has done that or not, but it seems unlikely since they haven't mentioned it and with the current popularity of R2R it would be a huge draw. My guess is that they're going to provide easily swappable modules that just insert new op amp and chip solutions, but it's just a guess and I may be wrong.

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #19 of 2,199
I own the RU6 and I'm aware that it can be made portable. What I'm saying is that unless you've engineered a product from the beginning to incorporate fully swappable architecture I don't think you can do it and have a true R2R solution. I don't know if xDuoo has done that or not, but it seems unlikely since they haven't mentioned it and with the current popularity of R2R it would be a huge draw. My guess is that they're going to provide easily swappable modules that just insert new op amp and chip solutions, but it's just a guess and I may be wrong.
I was not saying that you were not aware but manufacturers should consider R2R as it's becoming popular in portable solutions as well.

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #24 of 2,199
This looks awesome, XD05 Plus has been amazing value for me. Sounds great both cabled and with the Bluetooth module, hope price stays within reasonable range.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #28 of 2,199
https://weibo.com/5071475538/MgmRzoMHW
No new information other than the pictures...

005xdosygy1h8f59bm84aj30u00wvae9.jpg
005xdosygy1h8f5c6lg9pj30u00y0aj8.jpg

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #29 of 2,199
Interested in the Shanling h7 and this. Leaning towards the xd05pro atm. Hopefully it’s at $750 or less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back