XDUoo XD05PRO
Jan 7, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #47 of 2,193
Anyone know if its getting bluetooth ? Nvm I see the screen shot saying it does.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #48 of 2,193
It's huge!
https://weibo.com/5071475538/MmLxBa8BI
https://weibo.com/5544444327/MnmljmDWt
I don't know the details, but a Bluetooth button is present.
0063dVfply1h9wblscabjj31400u0agt.jpg
005xdosygy1h9skzb7v8rj31400u0q5u.jpg

005xdosygy1h9skzbovtaj31400u0adr.jpg
005xdosygy1h9skzbtkm3j31400u0q8n.jpg

Jan 10, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #49 of 2,193
It is very huge. It's not a small brick it's a big one :).And bigger than FiiO Q7.

Q7: 158x88x28mm - weight = 620g
XD-05 pro: 185x95x32mm - Weight =?

In some of the earlier advertising it mentions "aptx and LDAC" so bluetooth should be supported.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #50 of 2,193
Yeah, bigger is not necessarily better… at least if it is supposed to be a portable solution… I am really looking forward to reading impressions as soon as it gets out in the wild, but for now I think I will stick to the BTR7 and G5…

Jan 10, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #51 of 2,193
It’s big but not as big as the Desktop DACs that come with similar DACs and AMPs.

It works both with battery and without.

It has all the essential digital and analog connectivity. Thank God it’s USB-C and not micro-USB (looking at you Mojo).

It comes with interchangeable DACs and AMPs.

Checks most of the boxes for me. Now just waiting to know the price and hope it’s reasonable !

I’m also curious to know if it will support UAC 1.0 for console support. It would be perfect if it supports PS5 as well ! So far only the IFI DACs have worked on the PS5 for me. None of the Fiio, iBasso, Topping etc. work on the PS5.

Jan 10, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #52 of 2,193
The space around the swappable opamps seems roomier. I have the xd05 bal, with much fussing about I managed to squeeze in some sparkos ss3602's into both sockets, and the sound is incredibly dynamic and analog like.

Jan 11, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #53 of 2,193
It’s big but not as big as the Desktop DACs that come with similar DACs and AMPs.

It works both with battery and without.

It has all the essential digital and analog connectivity. Thank God it’s USB-C and not micro-USB (looking at you Mojo).

It comes with interchangeable DACs and AMPs.

Checks most of the boxes for me. Now just waiting to know the price and hope it’s reasonable !

I’m also curious to know if it will support UAC 1.0 for console support. It would be perfect if it supports PS5 as well ! So far only the IFI DACs have worked on the PS5 for me. None of the Fiio, iBasso, Topping etc. work on the PS5.
It really does sound like a cool device, but for ***me*** if I want a desktop DAC/Amp I have several discrete and combo units. I was hoping for a flexible unit that could be a little big while still portable, but this looks like one chonky boi there…! More or less in the transportable category, which is perfectly fine if that is what someone is looking for, which I personally am not… So I will move on, but hope the best for all who want this!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #56 of 2,193
Any info about price?
I am attracted by its ability to change Dac and amp.
I think someone mentioned earlier it would be around 600-700ish?

Jan 11, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #57 of 2,193
I think someone mentioned earlier it would be around 600-700ish?

I don't think it will price less then Fiio Q7 anymore, Looks like Q7 is the Cheapest one out of 3 which are : - xDuoo XD05Pro / Fiio Q7 / Shanling H7

Looking at the size of the hand of that guy and the unit, the Interchangeable DAC Module function will definitely demand a premium.

Size wise small to large - H7 -> Q7 -> XD05Pro
Price wise small to large - Q7 -> H7 -> XD05Pro

IMHO.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #58 of 2,193
hello can you post pictures of how you put the Sparkos in the balance?
I'll see if I can post pictures later.
1) You have to be ok with voiding your warranty because it involves snapping one of sockets in half to get it bend to the left far enough to fit them both, by moving the left socket to the left as far as possible to get both to fit side by side and potentially bend some capacitors out of the way.
2) I used a cut to shape piece of kiln paper (fireproof paper) and cut a piece of the outside of a cardboard soda box, kiln paper touching the opamp and cardboard touching the case, i stacked them so the exposed solder leads from the opamps don't touch the top of the metal case and cause a short.
3) Carefully slide into the case and squeeze with paper/thin cardboard still over the opamps. Turn on make sure it still makes sound then screw the faceplate back on.
4) The noise floor on the opamp also picks up more noise from moving the volume, it sounds like scratching, more noticeable on IEMs, this is almost practically eliminated with the Ifi iemmatch.
5) Beyond that, the sound is astounding and dynamic. I've been using it like this for the better part of a year now.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #59 of 2,193
I don't think it will price less then Fiio Q7 anymore, Looks like Q7 is the Cheapest one out of 3 which are : - xDuoo XD05Pro / Fiio Q7 / Shanling H7

Looking at the size of the hand of that guy and the unit, the Interchangeable DAC Module function will definitely demand a premium.

Size wise small to large - H7 > Q7 > XD05Pro
Price wise small to large - Q7 > H7 > XD05Pro

IMHO.
Actually; by price, H7 > Q7, and XD05 is unknown for now, if you get 2 dac modules, it might be the most expensive one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back