XDUoo XD05PRO
Sep 1, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #526 of 2,317
I tried hiby player on andorid, foobar on pc and volumio on pc, and so far the best through usb was volumio for my taste (all local based files).

I also tried Hiby on Android, but personally I much
prefer UAPP, for its granular configurability and large amount of options.

On PC I use ROON, but know foobar2000:
I like it for the large amount of its plugins.
Never tried Volumio, but I will.
Thanks for suggestion.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #527 of 2,317
It does not indicate what problem is it?
Does the error always show up after the first song?
Have you tried using another USBC cable?
Tried different usb cables same deal with a OTG cable this should not happen and I tried a specific one and same deal.
I it like the DAP is trying to pull power triggering a protective state.

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #529 of 2,317
Which software music player is the best choise to use with XD05PRO? 😊

Just in case if somoene is interested, I share my "Neutron Player" settings from my Samsung smartphone, this is the best software music player in my opinion (I always use it with these settings on my Android smartphone, and with Windows on my PC):
+1
Neutron indeed is the best music player even though the interface looks ancient followed by UAPP IMO.
Neutron has the best PEQ hands down.

Sep 2, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #532 of 2,317
could someone try if it works on ps5? so with uac1 protocol thanks a lot
Unfortunately XD05 Pro not a UAC1, it will not connect to the console via BT because PS5 does not support Bluetooth Audio devices. the only way is to buy any USB Audio Adapter with Bluetooth. I have REIYIN WT04, In the PS5 sound settings odds detected as a headset. I connected it with XD05 Pro, it detected Aptx LL (Low Latency). Unfortunately, there is one problem that the game is too quiet, strange because on xDuoo Poke II, it is very loud, with the same connection
Screenshot_20230902-084442_Gallery_1.jpg

Sep 2, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #534 of 2,317
Sep 2, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #536 of 2,317
So much waiting involved with this product. What’s a little more?

I agree with that comment that you should be able to choose the included DAC module at ordering but I doubt that will happen.

Sep 2, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #537 of 2,317
Yes, I also performed various tests, changing various PD and non-PD cables.

But the result in my case has not changed.

It is as if in the EXT position no negotiation took place (on the output voltage) in the USB protocol, which instead happens when the switch is set to 'CHARGE'.

At least this is what emerged in my experiments with my USBC power supply, using the protocol analyzer above.

In any case, XDUOO's answer in this regard was the following:

If it is a fast charging charger for a mobile phone, it is not possible to output 12V from the charger in the EXT position.

You can set the charger to output 12V in the charging gear and then switch to EXT mode, or use a fixed 12V output adapter to avoid such trouble.
Today I juggled chargers and cables, I have a smartphone charger Asus Rog Phone 65W, it goes into turbo mode, but after turning off the XD05 Pro, it will not start (well, unless in a different mode, we will switch to Eco / Normal)
67W charger, from Xiaomi no problem
None are in PD mode
XD05 PRO connected via USB

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #538 of 2,317
Itching to hear more general impressions of this product. Finger is hovering over the trigger! Any more overall sound sig./performance reviews?

Sep 2, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #539 of 2,317
Itching to hear more general impressions of this product. Finger is hovering over the trigger! Any more overall sound sig./performance reviews?
Overall sound signature depends on OP-AMPs that will be used! But for me personally even with stock OPA1612 it sounds really nice! No regret for purchase and next week will test some other OP-AMPS that are coming to me soon (V5i-D, muses8820, opa1656) 😊😊😊 also can't wait for release of new DAC chips ROHM and AKM 🥹

Sep 2, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #540 of 2,317
Today I juggled chargers and cables, I have a smartphone charger Asus Rog Phone 65W, it goes into turbo mode, but after turning off the XD05 Pro, it will not start (well, unless in a different mode, we will switch to Eco / Normal)
67W charger, from Xiaomi no problem
None are in PD mode
XD05 PRO connected via USB

Based on what they told me, to make XD05-PRO work in TURBO, 12V input is required:

1. Please use a fast charging head or one that can output 12V power supply.
2. If it is a 5V power supply, only turns on ECO/NORMAL mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back