XDUoo XD05PRO
Aug 22, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #316 of 2,406
Does it benefit somehow in terms of SQ when connected to DC12V? Does it invcrease power output or maybe completely overcomes battery when conncected to DC12V? Or is it only for charging? 🤔🤔🤔
Although not increasing power output, external power supply with higher voltage and better quality compare with internal battery always give better SQ

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #320 of 2,406
In the product brochure it says that charging is either via 9V/2A or 12/2A so it has to take either of this voltages. I'm rather wondering if linear power supply is appropriate for charging or should I buy dedicated switch power charger designated for 12V.
Screenshot_2023-08-22-17-23-08-80_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #321 of 2,406
In the product brochure it says that charging is either via 9V/2A or 12/2A so it has to take either of this voltages. I'm rather wondering if linear power supply is appropriate for charging or should I buy dedicated switch power charger designated for 12V
At least 9v 2a for charging, I assume, and 12v 2a for desktop mode and charging.

Aug 22, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #324 of 2,406
You have to look for PD "Power Delivery" charger which support 12 ~2A output.

Found this one Baseus 25W charger, it should work:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! €11.89 52%OFF | Baseus USB C Charger 25W Support Type C PD Fast Charging Portable Phone Charger For iPhone 13 Pro Max Samsung S22 S21 Tablet
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuX7xp9

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #326 of 2,406
Sorry, but looking the block diagram below,
I understand that whatever the power source,
you can never exclude the internal DC/DC
power supply.

So, apart from avoiding wearing out the internal battery, I don't think there are advantages on SQ in using an external power supply, even if linear.

Am I wrong ?

IMG_5575.jpg

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #327 of 2,406
Sorry, but looking the block diagram below,
I understand that whatever the power source,
you can never exclude the internal DC/DC
power supply.

So, apart from avoiding wearing out the internal battery, I don't think there are advantages on SQ in using an external power supply, even if linear.

Am I wrong ?

IMG_5575.jpg
The diagram shows the power switch to the "charge" position, so I believe that it can be interpreted as a diagram with this "charge" setting in mind and therefore the battery then takes part with the others respectively only battery ("batt") or without battery ("EXT"), - otherwise the battery off setting would not make any logical sense and was just a setting for the aesthetics of the switch.

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #328 of 2,406
The diagram shows the power switch to the "charge" position, so I believe that it can be interpreted as a diagram with this "charge" setting in mind and therefore the battery then takes part with the others respectively only battery ("batt") or without battery ("EXT"), - otherwise the battery off setting would not make any logical sense and was just a setting for the aesthetics of the switch.

The selector could mean:

- CHARGE:
any external power supply charges the battery, while it powers the DAC (or the DAC is also powered by the external power supply if connected, but always passing through the DC/DC inside the DAC)

- BATT:
the DAC is powered by the battery, and any external power supply is not used, even if connected

- EXT:
the DAC is powered by the external power supply, but always passing through the DC/DC inside the DAC, and the battery is neither charged nor discharged (therefore preserved)

Couldn't that be so?

Aug 22, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #330 of 2,406
According to that image it's using Quick Charge instead of Power Delivery. It's still unclear how to use a 12V linear power supply with it. Because if a Quick Charge chip is needed it will limit the external power supplies that can be used.

What you write seems correct to me.
It could be that those 9V and 12V voltages are the voltages negotiated with a USB QuickCharge power supply, rather than external voltages supplied by a classic external switching or linear power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back