XDUoo XD05PRO
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #273 of 2,292
Is there any space to put something bigger like Sparkos SS3602 ?
i don't think they fit as there are 4 capacitors around the opamp and they are right next to the burson without much space left.
is it safe to say that the v6 won't fit?
no way, v6 is way too tall and the space needed is not deep enough as the way the opamp sits, it is going up against the top oled screen.

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #274 of 2,292
XD05 Pro just arrived, I do think it walks a tight line between portable and desktop class DAC/amp. Here are some comparisons to the FiiO Q7 (massive already), the recently released xDuoo XD05 BAL 2, and the Questyle M15 to represent a more typical portable DAC/amp:

IMG_6393.jpg
IMG_6394.jpg IMG_6398.jpg
Please let me know the comparison of the bal2 vs the Pros if you can, thank you 🥲

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #275 of 2,292
Why do you get the feeling that displays can burn out with continuous use, if I may ask?

I read in the specifications that the output amplifier stage is class A, in your opinion does it sound like class A?

Thank you.
They look like oled screens, in my experience those burn-in, they look nice bit after hours of showing the same thing the few pixels that are on start to lose brightness.

I think the amp section sounds good, it’s not overly warm if that is what you are after. It’s good at driving headphones though.

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #277 of 2,292
They look like oled screens, in my experience those burn-in, they look nice bit after hours of showing the same thing the few pixels that are on start to lose brightness.

I think the amp section sounds good, it’s not overly warm if that is what you are after. It’s good at driving headphones though.

Ok, thanks for the info.
I’ve asked because I like the screen always on,
like on Gryphon.
There (on Gryphon) it seems I haven't had any problems, I think.

And, yes, I like the warm sound.
Maybe changing the OP-AMP or DAC board I will obtain more warm sound.

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #278 of 2,292
XD05 Pro just arrived, I do think it walks a tight line between portable and desktop class DAC/amp. Here are some comparisons to the FiiO Q7 (massive already), the recently released xDuoo XD05 BAL 2, and the Questyle M15 to represent a more typical portable DAC/amp:

IMG_6393.jpg
IMG_6394.jpg IMG_6398.jpg
i owned Questyle M15 . is it big gap in terms of sound quality such as resolution, sound stage and imaging ? is it worth to upgrade ?

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #279 of 2,292
i don't think they fit as there are 4 capacitors around the opamp and they are right next to the burson without much space left.

no way, v6 is way too tall and the space needed is not deep enough as the way the opamp sits, it is going up against the top oled screen.
One would dare to locate and cut square openings into the plating just so it can fit the v6?

Also, getting custom square fitted rubber grommet ⬛️ to support and fill the gaps?

I would lol, thinking about it gives me chills. It's doable.

Edit: never mind, the dac chips are on the bottom of the device.

R.I.P
*resurrect in peace*

😭

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #280 of 2,292
Honestly...kinda bummed at how absolutely gigantic this thing is. I was hoping for something about the same size as the Q7. What appeals to me about this is the interchangeable DAC cards, and not being forced to use ESS like you are with the Q7. But Fiio is also coming out with the Q15 soon and I wonder how that will compare and what DAC it will have.

In either case, I'm still strongly considering this one. Just have to consider how valuable portability is to me.

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #281 of 2,292
Honestly...kinda bummed at how absolutely gigantic this thing is. I was hoping for something about the same size as the Q7. What appeals to me about this is the interchangeable DAC cards, and not being forced to use ESS like you are with the Q7. But Fiio is also coming out with the Q15 soon and I wonder how that will compare and what DAC it will have.

In either case, I'm still strongly considering this one. Just have to consider how valuable portability is to me.
This one is more like transportable, maybe someone can design a sling to carry it around. Definitely smaller than the new Lotoo Mjolnir, and that one has a carrying case.

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #282 of 2,292

Although I do like this unit, I hoped for more customizations options: color of unit, color of volume control nob, color of the oled screen
A pearl white finish would be magnificent but knowing xduoo color schemes... they love grey and black tones.

I will get this product in the future when they update it with— probably more power? 2000mw is probably more than anyone could ask for but aside from that and...very unlikely but wishingly from me: customization options.

Either way, I will get it wether there are new update or not because it already offers insane performances.

The size of the unit itself doesn't bother me ^ _ ^
I can probably just get a professional to custom paint the shell and volume knob of my choice and change the oled screen of my color choice too.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #283 of 2,292
This one is more like transportable, maybe someone can design a sling to carry it around. Definitely smaller than the new Lotoo Mjolnir, and that one has a carrying case.
Just looked up the Lotoo Mjolnir, that is quite clever, I like the idea with the carrying case haha.

If someone could make a carrying sling for the xd05 pros, that would be cool too.

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #284 of 2,292
The only real upgrade I can maybe see happening is onboard SD card with a phone app controlling it so there's no SQ loss from BT, apart from that everything in this device is absolutely top tier, interchangable dacs (which are all the latest flagships, along with R2R) and op amps, insane power output, class A, apparently great battery too, and at a very very affordable price (atleast for this hobby, this is practically lower midfi prices).

Aug 16, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #285 of 2,292
My burson just arrived today and I’m happy to say that they does fit in nicely. :)
Tell me please how much sound change when using "Burson v5i-D" compared to stock op-amp??? 🥹🥹🥹🙏🙏🙏

I think that op-amp section is much more important to final overall sound impressions of XD05PRO compared to dac section. V5i-D adds warmth, dense, soundstage and bass! Am I right???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back