xDuoo XD05 Balanced
Feb 21, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #436 of 569
Im using Burson V5i and seems too bassy. Is it ?
hi...
I will write my impressions on xd05 bal with Burson. I think it is a very good amplifier, and maybe this can result in good basses if the headset is prone to them. My impression is that it enhances the character of the headsets you are using. I use mainly earbuds. I must say that if it has no basses, Burson is not rendering them. Instead it is a bit warm, it gives an overall sense of musicality. I think this can be also result in the impression of "bassy", but my headsets are too bright for me to think so.

Feb 21, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #437 of 569
N

Any news or update from manufacturer?
Well, they told me to remove the battery, which I did, and now the unit is unusable.

It started first, by going into Protect Mode. I recently checked it again and now it doesn't go into Protect mode, but it will not play any sound.

I was told that it won't function without a battery, but before I removed it, I had simply disconnected it from the main board and it was working fine.

I still haven't received a replacement battery. Only lots of excuses why they haven't been able to send one yet.

I sent another email on Friday, but haven't received a reply yet.

Really starting to become pissed-off about this situation. I now have a really expensive Chinese paperweight.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #438 of 569
hi...
I will write my impressions on xd05 bal with Burson. I think it is a very good amplifier, and maybe this can result in good basses if the headset is prone to them. My impression is that it enhances the character of the headsets you are using. I use mainly earbuds. I must say that if it has no basses, Burson is not rendering them. Instead it is a bit warm, it gives an overall sense of musicality. I think this can be also result in the impression of "bassy", but my headsets are too bright for me to think so.
Thanks. What's opamps do you prefer?

Feb 21, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #441 of 569
Well, they told me to remove the battery, which I did, and now the unit is unusable.

It started first, by going into Protect Mode. I recently checked it again and now it doesn't go into Protect mode, but it will not play any sound.

I was told that it won't function without a battery, but before I removed it, I had simply disconnected it from the main board and it was working fine.

I still haven't received a replacement battery. Only lots of excuses why they haven't been able to send one yet.

Really starting to become pissed-off about this situation. I now have a really expensive Chinese paperweight.
hope this problem will be solved real soon, in my country when we have this kind of problems we normally run into dealer shop and they will do the work for you until it gets fixed or replacement (within warranty)

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #444 of 569

Doesn't it have a switch that turns it into USB Powered?

Feb 28, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #446 of 569
Hi, head-fi help please:

What is the difference, please, between 1W provided by Gryphon and 1W pumped by xd05 bal ?

Gryphon seem way too expensive so I might buy XD05 bal.

I read somewhere (can't find the info anymore) that xd05 bal can feed stable '1W' while gryphon does not provide full 1W all the time (something around this)
I am planning to use XD 05 with bal. on Sony ST800EX (500mW is recommended).

Also I am about to buy 2x AD708SQ from https://www.utsource.net/de/sch/AD708SQ.html

Price for 2 (I need 2 right?) delivered to the Netherlands is in attachment below. Price for 2x AD708SQ is 11 USD only, is this right? Anyone knows please, seems low?

Is AD708SQ still one of the most favorite, besides v5i ? Anyone is (still) using them? I really want highest bass quality possible.

I am coming from Monoprice Monolith THX portable, the 3.5 jack output broke, it is losing sound on one ear if 3.5 mm plug moved. Problem is 100% with the female jack, I tried other cables, all the same.

Also, if I listen to 320 kbps MP3 mostly, will LDAC (990 kbps) or USB C DAC connection sound any different? I hope 320mW provided by Monolith compared to 1W from Xd05 bal will wake up the EX800ST bass properties much better.

I decided to go with XD05 bal and AD708SQ, is there anyone with any advice? What a great forum !!!

Thanx in advance:)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-28 164139.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-28 164139.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #448 of 569
Hi, head-fi help please:

What is the difference, please, between 1W provided by Gryphon and 1W pumped by xd05 bal ?

Gryphon seem way too expensive so I might buy XD05 bal.

I read somewhere (can't find the info anymore) that xd05 bal can feed stable '1W' while gryphon does not provide full 1W all the time (something around this)
I am planning to use XD 05 with bal. on Sony ST800EX (500mW is recommended).

Also I am about to buy 2x AD708SQ from https://www.utsource.net/de/sch/AD708SQ.html

Price for 2 (I need 2 right?) delivered to the Netherlands is in attachment below. Price for 2x AD708SQ is 11 USD only, is this right? Anyone knows please, seems low?

Is AD708SQ still one of the most favorite, besides v5i ? Anyone is (still) using them? I really want highest bass quality possible.

I am coming from Monoprice Monolith THX portable, the 3.5 jack output broke, it is losing sound on one ear if 3.5 mm plug moved. Problem is 100% with the female jack, I tried other cables, all the same.

Also, if I listen to 320 kbps MP3 mostly, will LDAC (990 kbps) or USB C DAC connection sound any different? I hope 320mW provided by Monolith compared to 1W from Xd05 bal will wake up the EX800ST bass properties much better.

I decided to go with XD05 bal and AD708SQ, is there anyone with any advice? What a great forum !!!

Thanx in advance:)
Power is not an issue with both devices, the Gryphon & XD-05 BAL will provide enough power to drive the Sony's. If you are worried about the Bass, the Gryphon has xBass switch that should make you happy. With the BAL there is no Bass boost switch, but you can swap Opamps (you need two) to tune the sound to your tastes, more warmth, bass.... or know how to EQ. EQ implementation on phones is bad, UAPP, Neutron have good EQ but are not system wide.

So you read that the Gryphon specs show 1W peak power and XD-05 BAL specs show 1W continuous power. I don't know the technical benefits for the above, but in my time listening to them, both sounded good.

I notice the difference between LDAC & USB with flacs and also with 320 kbps mp3. Use USB for best sound, you'll lose a lot of extension at both ends with bluetooth, this may not be an issue in a gym or other noisy environments where the convenience is nice to have.

If you don't use any of the extra features and just want a powerful portable DAC, my recommendation would be the XD-05 BAL. It sounds as good as the Gryphon (I used V5i with my XD-05 BAL for comparision). If you can afford the Gryphon I'd recommend you save a bit more and get the iDSD Signature instead, much more improved sound but you lose some portability.

Mar 1, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #449 of 569
@Johnfg465vd Truly awesome info, thank you for your time !!!

Anyone can please advise either 2x AD708SQ dual (11 USD+29 USD shipping ) or 2x Burson V5i dual (84 USD+free shipping) from your experience for XD 05 bal?
I prefer not boomy, but detailed bass with as low (subbass) extension as possible, 99% mostly listening to 320kbps MP3 UK Drill rap.

Would you go for this deal from Audiophonics.fr ?

Screenshot 2022-03-01 104610.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #450 of 569
@Johnfg465vd Truly awesome info, thank you for your time !!!

Anyone can please advise either 2x AD708SQ dual (11 USD+29 USD shipping ) or 2x Burson V5i dual (84 USD+free shipping) from your experience for XD 05 bal?
I prefer not boomy, but detailed bass with as low (subbass) extension as possible, 99% mostly listening to 320kbps MP3 UK Drill rap.

Would you go for this deal from Audiophonics.fr ?

Screenshot 2022-03-01 104610.jpg
That is a weirdly low price for a genuine AD708SQ. I read that utsource sometimes sends fake parts, but you can always try them.

I bought the Golden V4i, which are supposed to be comparable to the Bursons. I like the AD's better. If you want you can buy my Golden V4i's. As I too live in the Netherlands, shipping will be cheap.

Daan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back