XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Feb 22, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #931 of 2,100
Hello I thinking of getting the XD05 but I want to know where is the best plave to purchase the Burson V5i op amp? And when the V5i is installed what amp would you say the XD05 is comparable to?

Their official site
gs1000.gif
I believe they also have an ebay store...

Not really an answer, but I would first listen to it without the upgrade. You might just be satisfied with the sound and saving a few pennies..ymmv

I think this is actually a good answer 
tongue_smile.gif
You are most compelled to upgrade if you have heard something that you think sounds better.
If you get it and it is the best thing you have heard, then there's no real reason/need for the upgrade
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #932 of 2,100
Well I used to own the Oppo Ha2-SE and did enjoy the sound but wanted something more neutral. Now hearing that the stock XD-05 might not be as good as the HA2-SE but with the V5i it goes to a new level.... I may want to upgrade. But it's true, best for me to listen then I can see if I want to upgrade or not.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #933 of 2,100
Hi guys
I had this device for 2 weeks now, and i have a weird problem with it
The 1/8" front output only works from time to time, the 3.5mm jack on the back works 100% of the time
The problem there regardless of the input usb/coax/aux
My guess would be bad wiring, but the weird thing is, i can't provoke it by wiggling cable/connector
The problem always presents the same way, either its not working when i turn i on, and switching the output in windows between the  xd-05 and another device in windows sometimes fixes it
Otherwise it works when i turn it on and will for a couple days, then suddenly the audio cuts in the right channel, then around 10-30 sec later, the left channel becomes static, and the 1/8 output is no longer working, i then have to switch to the aux input/output on the back
Then it works flawlessly again, some time later i can switch back to the 1/8" output and i works most of the time?
When using the 3.5mm it bypassed the amp right?
so the amp migth be the problem i think
Also the driver cd mine came with was blank? i had to get the drivers for the usb, form the xduoo website
Sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors, English is not my first language
Regards 
Alexander

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #934 of 2,100
I've had similar issues with the front headphone jack.

I noticed that when using the supplied 1\4 adapter, the audio would cut in and out, there would be distortion, and the battery gauge would fluctuate whenever I turned the headphone jack.

I started using a different 1\4 adapter and the issues seem to have been resolved.

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #935 of 2,100
If only that was the problem
I tried other adapters, as well as my headphones with a 1/8" connector, same problem
I just had it apart to see if i could spot any problems
And it had alot of messy white stuff near the connectors, i cleaned off with some alcohol
But the worst was i could see some solder had been spilled on the board, and i suspect that to whats making it act weird :frowning2:
Look at the top of the picture, just above the ribbon cable for the solder mess..
imgur.com/ZWTpTg2

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #936 of 2,100
Some really cheap 1/8 adapters I've tried didn't always make good contact in the jack, so unless it was inserted just right, one channel wouldn't work, would cut out, or there would be some static or distorted sound.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #937 of 2,100
Can someone compare how the XDuoo sounds against the FiiO X1 + O2 ? Actually i own this combo and i will like to understand if the Xduoo can be considered an upgrade or not.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #938 of 2,100
Update:  I switched back to the OPA1612 to do some trouble shooting.  The Xd-05 works perfectly with the OPA 1612, so it seems as if the problem is with the V5i.  I've contacted Burson detailing the issues I've been having and am waiting on their response.

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #939 of 2,100
I receveid the schiit jotunheim(the dac chip is the same). the jotunheim sounds better but, comparing the two, i´m more convinced that the xd-05 is a champion for the price

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #940 of 2,100
  I receveid the schiit jotunheim(the dac chip is the same). the jotunheim sounds better but, comparing the two, i´m more convinced that the xd-05 is a champion for the price

What headphone do you use on Jotunheim?  For Oppo PM3 and iems, does Jotunheim single-end output sounds better significant?

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #941 of 2,100
What headphone do you use on Jotunheim?  For Oppo PM3 and iems, does Jotunheim single-end output sounds better significant?

For now i have only the pm-3. I had many headphones so the oppo of course is not the best but is a really good headphones. In the jot sounds better but the difference with xduoo is small. But i received the amplifier friday. It'soon for a final decision

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #942 of 2,100
I got my XD-05 last week, and was planning to use it for more casual listening with my LCD-2 at office or when playing Xbox One.

However, my LCD-2 broke while the XD-05 was in transit from China, so while the Audezes was away for repair I instead used it with my Monster Turbine Copper Pro. 
I must say I am glad I tried this, because I feel that the sound is COMPLETELY different (in a good way) through the XD-05 than directly from my Samsung S7. The sound is much clearer and more open and I no longer feel trapped with the earbuds. Where I previously had to remove them and rest my ears after some 30 minutes of music I can now wear them for hours without feeling fatigued.

I have yet to sit down with the LCD-2 and seriously test it out, since I had the drivers replaced with the new Fazor elements so the soundstage is a bit changed to what I was used to before the switch. I want to get used to the new sound before evaluate the XD-05 with them.

I will probably buy a Burson V5i at some stage to try that too, but at the moment I am already really happy with the sound :)

In any case, I am extremely satisfied with the XD-05 only from using it with my Turbine and would recommend everyone to try it out if you have the slightest interest in it - for €160 shipped you can hardly go wrong!

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #943 of 2,100
  I got my XD-05 last week, and was planning to use it to more casual listening with my LCD-2 at office or when playing Xbox One.

However, my LCD-2 broke while the XD-05 was in transit from China, so while the Audezes was away for repair I instead used it with my Monster Turbine Copper Pro. 
I must say I am glad I tried this, because I feel that the sound is COMPLETELY different (in a good way) through the XD-05 than directly from my Samsung S7. The sound is much more clearer and open and I no longer feel trapped with the earbuds. Where I previously had to remove them and rest my ears after some 30 minutes of music I can now wear them for hours without feeling fatigued.

I have yet to sit down with the LCD-2 and seriously test it out, since I had the drivers replaced with the new Fazor elements so the soundstage is a bit changed to what I was used to before the switch. I want to get used to the new sound before evaluate the XD-05 with them.

I will probably buy a Burson V5i at some stage to try that too, but at the moment I am already really happy with the sound :)

In any case, I am extremely satisfied with the XD-05 only from using it with my Turbine and would recommend everyone to try it out if you have the slightest interest in it - for €160 shipped you can hardly go wrong!

Glad you like it. I guess you connect Xbox one to XD-05 via optical cable. When not in use, it's better to seal the optical port with a small piece of jack. On many devices, the toslink ports are protected from dust.

Feb 27, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #945 of 2,100
  Please help!

I built a new computer with the latest version of Windows 10.  When I try to install the driver for the XMOS XS1-U8 MFA it always says the the driver is unsigned and Windows has blocked the driver.  No matter how many times I uninstall the driver or reinstall Windows, I get the same message.

Does anyone have the answer or know where to find the answer?

Really?!?!

I can't be the only person who has this problem.

I am running Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition x64 and I can't get the driver to install signed.  I had no problems with previous versions of Windows 10, but I just can't get it to work now.  Three full clean installs and no success.

This is not an isolated incident since I have two PCs that now have the exact same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back