XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Dec 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #706 of 2,100
Sometimes it depends on the CPU. Qualcomm and Mediatek should be fine. Maybe you can also try USB Audio Player Pro,  HibyMusic and Neutron Music Player, to see whether one of them works.

Otherwise it's because of your phone.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #715 of 2,100
Can this power small bookshelf speakers and could i use it as a dac only?

...no, there is no amp inside to power bookshelf speakers. It can be used as DAC only, but just via 3.5mm jack. As DAC I would prefer the ifi iDSD micro (which I am using myself for that purpose on my desk-rig) since it comes with RCA output.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #717 of 2,100
I was using the optical as a test I have been using it on its own for a while but I wanted to test optical and also I wanted to use my Beyerdynamic 250ohm which require a little more juice. 

So how's sq compared between the X10 and XD-05?

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #718 of 2,100
Do you feel like the hd650 is been driven nicely by it? Can you elaborate a little on the quality of the sound?
my opinion is based on about 20 mins of initial listening only. I did a little more today and it does drive the 650s well, even in low gain mode. The source is Roon on a Windows 10 machine. I listened to orchestral and vocal as well as electronic stuff. Sound quality is clean and transparent, although I think it lacks a little depth compared to Asgard 2 with the Valhalla 2,the whole groovy morphine experience is gone, but I would consider taking it on an extended trip away from home. I am waiting for an otg cable to test it out with my android phone.

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #719 of 2,100
Interesting that it can get a usable volume from 650s in low gain mode. I find that even with low resistance headphones, I seem to prefer the sound from mid-gain on this thing. The volume doesn't change much but the quality seems to change markedly for my SHP9500s and Status CB-1s, both of which are merely 32 Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back