XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Nov 24, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,216 of 2,100
Hi all xduoo expert
I need some advice
Just received an xduoo xd 05 and i pair it with my iphone 6 with camera kit but i don t understand why xduoo doesn t by pass the iphone dac
My fiio q1mkii with the lighting connector allows me to drive the volume with the q1 mkII and the iphone volume has any effect ,
with the xduoo the volume button on my iphone still have an effect

why ?
thanks for your answer
it is a digital connection and it won't use the internal dac at all. it won't mean that the volume cannot be changed on the device itself, though. it's the same thing with android phones and windows pc's, too: the volume can be changed from the phone.

just read this one:
http://www.crazy-audio.com/2014/01/hardware-vs-software-volume-control/

also, think about an other thing. there are ios compatible dac's without volume control like the opus #11. it only has digital inputs, it wouldn't process analog data. if the internal dac of any iphone would process the d/a conversion and pass it through the lightning port, the opus #11 wouldn't work at all with ios devices. it still does - and the volume is controlled by the operating system.

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #1,217 of 2,100

@Ab10, and here's one that is a little better rated, in fact, it seems to be the bonafide FiiO-branded cable:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019OWCID6/

Thanks trellus.....in fact, I already have Fiio L21 cable - With provided Coax cable @ X5-2 's Box I came to know that it is fully incompatible.

@trellus these won't work either as the rca won't fit the digital input on the xd-05. that's more like it:
https://www.headfoniastore.com/shop...coax-cable-for-fiio-x5-ii-x3-ii-to-fiio-e17k/

Thanks ....I'm sure this will work but there is no way I'm going to get this to my location.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,218 of 2,100
With these hardware specifications, arranging something identical within the same price is almost impossible.
I just ordered mine today.

Let's see if this xd-05 is really worth this whole conversation.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #1,219 of 2,100
With these hardware specifications, arranging something identical within the same price is almost impossible.
I just ordered mine today.

Let's see if this xd-05 is really worth this whole conversation.

Could of purchased my used, mint Xd-05 with upgraded op amp in the FS section. Save some time, and $$. make sure you use a quality USB cable on the USB input, if you are using it as OTG mobile use.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,222 of 2,100
Quality in this case might mean quality of connectors. It's a right pain in the ass when data Comms drop because of a loose / wiggly usb connector. Snug = good!

You probably should be talking about USB type B connection, which if the connections are not good many of the time they lose contact. And tend to gain clearance with use.
Conector_usb_protuino_uno.png

It will not be by chance the type of USB type A connection of the xd-05!
pinagemusb.gif

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,224 of 2,100
Just tried LME49720 in my XD-05
Never going back to OPA1612.

OPA1612 had bass and sub bass boost and it was laid back. It affected the instrument separation a lot. With LME49720 everything is very linear and highs are just very accurate and precise. Staging is more layered and instrument separation is better, placement is more precise and presentation is more natural.

I don't think I can go back to OPA1612 again.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,225 of 2,100

OPA1612 had bass and sub bass boost and it was laid back. It affected the instrument separation a lot. With LME49720 everything is very linear and highs are just very accurate and precise. Staging is more layered and instrument separation is better, placement is more precise and presentation is more natural.

Yeah, I've heard of the Xduoo XD-05 with Burson V5i. It will probably give the same but for less money.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #1,226 of 2,100
Nov 28, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #1,227 of 2,100
I swapped mine out with the Burson OpAmp, and it was a night and day difference. It is an amazing upgrade for a fairly small price (compared to how much a more expensive DAC/Amp can cost). Mine is flaky with high gain, like some others have posted, but I can't say I miss it -- I don't need to listen to most things that loud.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #1,228 of 2,100

How did you fit a DUAL 49720 inside the body?

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #1,230 of 2,100
In general, almost all Chinese audio devices are copies of products from other reputable brands ...

I will compare the xd-05 with the sound card Cantatis Overture 192. Let's see how these Chinese sounds ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back