XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,861 of 2,100
And again you are trolling with some bs racist arguments.
Have you heard xDSD or again you are talking about hardware which you havent even touched yet?

Edit: obviously you dont have a clue what you are talking about. xDSD has about 4 times less power than XD05+. Judging hardware's sound performance after seeing PCB photos on the internet, you are lolz sir.

Someone sounds cranky this morning 🙄

Clean power trumps dirty power. Wolf at ASR took some measurements of the XD-05+ and found the following...

AuxLinearity-(-20.jpg

(Above) poor linearity

HP.jpg

(Above) amplification test showed terrible performance. SiNAND is bottom barrel. 88 in both channels 😌 If Amir made an official review for this product he would flunk it right here, right now.

RMS-Level.jpg

(Above) poor channel balance for the volume pot. Some pro reviews noted this during their listening tests. So it is audible and it's a sign of lousy quality control, ie no part binning.

Well that's it. I'll leave you folks to it so you can continue to deluded yourselves that you made a prudent decision by buying this concoction.

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,862 of 2,100
Someone sounds cranky this morning 🙄
(...) [more bs]
Well that's it. I'll leave you folks to it so you can continue to deluded yourselves that you made a prudent decision by buying this concoction.

Nah dude, it is afternoon here. The world is a bit bigger place than what you think in your small mind.

Please continue living your western-and-american dream that you are living. Small advice though - stop commenting on stuff that you haven't heard or seen.

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,863 of 2,100
Nah dude, it is afternoon here. The world is a bit bigger place than what you think in your small mind.

Please continue living your western-and-american dream that you are living. Small advice though - stop commenting on stuff that you haven't heard or seen.
agree with every word

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,864 of 2,100
Received my XD05 Basic a couple of days ago and I have to say it has really transformed My HiFiman HE-4XX.

Highs have been tamed, bass is much fuller and more prominent, even without bass boost engaged, improved soundstage and instrument separation.

Added accessories are a nice bonus too. Overall, I'm quite happy with this amp.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,865 of 2,100

He’s saying the same things in multiple forums. I don’t know who has time for that.

Here’s the thing, I just received an iFi Micro iDSD last week from someone on this forum: severe channel imbalance from 7-11, rendering turbo 4W mode useless even on the Arya.
To top things off, the IEMatch switch broke just from dragging it around the sofa.
Even worse, I can’t tell a difference in audio quality between the XD05+ and Micro IDSD BL ay my usual 80db listening volume.
Looks to me like the Xduoo is a very good product if your aim ain’t masturbating at graphs and photos of pcb boards.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #1,868 of 2,100
Most balanced outs are more power. Just not on this new unit. And it sounds like it's not even really balanced. So what is the point? So I don't have to use an adapter for my 4.4mm cable? Those are a lot less than $450. Guess I'm keeping my standard unit.
Yeah, most balanced devices give more power due to topology but balanced is not about more power. It is about keeping the 2 channels separate without sharing same ground.
Just because balanced has same power that SE doesnt mean the balanced port is just cosmetics. Let's wait for Xduoo and some reports of people that buy the amp.

I agree with the rest, I don't see reason to jump the ships if one owns XD05/XD05+.

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #1,869 of 2,100
Most balanced outs are more power. Just not on this new unit. And it sounds like it's not even really balanced. So what is the point? So I don't have to use an adapter for my 4.4mm cable? Those are a lot less than $450. Guess I'm keeping my standard unit.

Yeah that's what I was trying to point out and forgive me folks if I don't appreciate how xDuoo framed this product as "balanced" and an "upgrade" to the existing XD05+ model as far as amplification is concerned. Oh and they bumped the price up 45% !! 🤨

Xduoo deserves being taken down a peg or two after pulling this nonsense.

Feb 5, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #1,870 of 2,100
He’s saying the same things in multiple forums. I don’t know who has time for that.

Here’s the thing, I just received an iFi Micro iDSD last week from someone on this forum: severe channel imbalance from 7-11, rendering turbo 4W mode useless even on the Arya.
To top things off, the IEMatch switch broke just from dragging it around the sofa.
Even worse, I can’t tell a difference in audio quality between the XD05+ and Micro IDSD BL ay my usual 80db listening volume.
Looks to me like the Xduoo is a very good product if your aim ain’t masturbating at graphs and photos of pcb boards.

That's the knock against iFi... Build quality is poor. The warranty is also crappy. 12 months and it's opt-in. Don't register within 30 days of purchase and your SOL according to one Amazon reviewer.

So my dilemma is that there's nothing out there that ticks all the boxes. Every portable I've looked at and researched has disqualifying red flags. Maybe I'm unreasonable? Glad you folks are satisfied with your XD05s. I'll just keep waiting for a breakthrough device to come around. Schiit needs to get up in here and shake up this dying segment. Slap a Modi and Magni board together and add a LiPo pack.

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,872 of 2,100
Yeah, most balanced devices give more power due to topology but balanced is not about more power. It is about keeping the 2 channels separate without sharing same ground.
Just because balanced has same power that SE doesnt mean the balanced port is just cosmetics. Let's wait for Xduoo and some reports of people that buy the amp.

I agree with the rest, I don't see reason to jump the ships if one owns XD05/XD05+.

You've certainly seen the photos of the amp section in the XD05-BAL. What gives you confidence that it follows a dual-differential balanced topology? It looks like a rehash of the XD05's single ended circuit with the volume pot shifted back closer to the I/V stage.

Regarding their specs I'd take them with a grain of salt. They list the crosstalk for the 4.4mm HO at -100dB. That figure is highly optimistic and I doubt it's true. Even amps that cost thousands of dollars can't achieve that.

JDS Labs lists crosstalk for the El Dac 2 at -88dB for headphone out.

https://jdslabs.com/product/element-ii/

Schiit lists crosstalk for their Magnius balanced amplifier at -70 to -90 depending on the headphone impedance. Keep in mind that the Magnius logged some pretty heady measurements at ASR.

https://www.schiit.com/products/magnius

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 5:40 AM Post #1,873 of 2,100
@Chamade

Apparently the iDSD BL has a lousy DAC section. This is problem with nearly every iFi DAC. Amir at ASR has tested and measured several of their DACs and they always finish in the second lowest quintile. The iFi model you have actually measures worse than the super basic Samsung USB-C dongle 😬

Best USB DAC-01.jpeg

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #1,874 of 2,100
You've certainly seen the photos of the amp section in the XD05-BAL. What gives you confidence that it follows a dual-differential balanced topology? It looks like a rehash of the XD05's single ended circuit with the volume pot shifted back closer to the I/V stage.

Regarding their specs I'd take them with a grain of salt. They list the crosstalk for the 4.4mm HO at -100dB. That figure is highly optimistic and I doubt it's true. Even amps that cost thousands of dollars can't achieve that.

I have no confidence that it does balancing right but I'm very cautious about jumping into any conclusions after seeing few internet photos, that's it. No one has the amp yet (or very little) that can either confirm this or deny.

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1,875 of 2,100

I agree totally on that and how the balanced topology should work. I think it makes a difference in sound quality, but then again my Burson Playmate isn't balanced and sounds awesome (and was around the same price as this Xduoo nonsense). It also has tons of power and great components, which certainly doesn't hurt.

Now I'm wondering if their other desktop gear that's called balanced really is or if they just stuck an xlr jack on the front.

Sorry, xDuoo - I love your other stuff, but this thing seems like an epic fail. I'll let others open their wallets and test it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back