XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 23, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #2,536 of 5,194
  i just rockboxed it using windows 10. Copy the files to your SD card as it says and then just go into your Xduoo and press Update. BAAM. Although it is taking forever to update media library. Does that happen ?

Yes, this.  The new installer is OS agnostic.  You don't have to install any drivers at all if you use a card reader to transfer the files.  Super easy!

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #2,538 of 5,194
You can use the device but you will need a card reader to update the rockbox to the current one. After installing the base rockbox, the device isnt recognized through usb without usb drivers which are for windows 10.

So install using the device and then you will need a card reader to install music and update !

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #2,539 of 5,194
You can use the device but you will need a card reader to update the rockbox to the current one. After installing the base rockbox, the device isnt recognized through usb without usb drivers which are for windows 10.

So install using the device and then you will need a card reader to install music and update !
boot it to stock by doing power on with lock switch in the locked position. Don't need a card reader at all

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #2,540 of 5,194
Gee didnt think of that ! Thats genius!

And guys, i couldnt find the high-low gain option in the rockbox, can anyone tell me where the settings is ? And also my xduoo is running a bit warm, is that normal ?

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,543 of 5,194
I'm running official firmware 1.1 instead of rockbox yet. Anyone else?

It seems like the pitch issue might be gone but I might need to evaluate a couple test tones before making this claim. i just know the 44.1 tracks aren't sounding as off as they were before updating.

The built in amp is so much better than the Fiio X1's... I hardly need the Cayin C5 with it. It just gives that extra bit of bass bump. Maybe with rockbox EQ it'll be pointless and I can just use the X3 by itself
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2,544 of 5,194
Yeah, I'm still running xDuoo v.1.1 - I'll probably RockBox mine, but I'm holding off for a little while until things have settled down a bit and most of the main revisions and fixes have been sorted - even though it seems pretty good at the moment.

To be honest, if xDuoo would just fix the pitch issue and the gapless/prefetch playback issues, I'd be pretty happy.  All RB's extra features are nice, but they're not "must have" for me.

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #2,545 of 5,194
Is anyone else unable to play certain longer MP3's (10 minutes+) on official firmware 1.1?

I have a couple random .mp3's which it refuses to play and skips over, but play on anything else fine...

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2,546 of 5,194
  Is anyone else unable to play certain longer MP3's (10 minutes+) on official firmware 1.1?

I have a couple random .mp3's which it refuses to play and skips over, but play on anything else fine...

Ya i have just noticed the same issue with official firmware 1.1 but for me the issue occurs with files which are over 1 hr length.Sometimes they skip or it takes 5 seconds to start the song.When i tested the same song in rockbox i didnt have the same issue.

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,547 of 5,194
Another thing while comparing the sound in stock and Rockbox i have found some deviation. I listen to music at 70 in stock and have to put it at 75+ in rockbox. Also after listening to both i feel the sound is cleaner and has more soundstage in Stock when compared with rockbox. Is it just me or is somebody feeling the same way.

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #2,548 of 5,194
I've seen it hang for a few seconds when trying to play those files but then it skips. Haven't had success yet.

May stick with original firmware for a few days as it's my first day with the xduoo and it seems 1.1 may have fixed the 44.1khz rate issue. I've played back a few hours of recordings I personally made and none sound wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back