XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Mar 21, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #2,446 of 5,194
Hi. I'm new to rockboxing dap. And xduoo x3 is my first decent dap (Though still don't have it, prolly tomorrow). So my question is do I have to follow the old method of flashing RB, or the recent method by XVortex? Or is the recent method applicable just for new updates? Because I only have W10 laptop, and my W7 PC is dead. Thanks.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2,447 of 5,194
Couldn't find the answer to this question. I've filled the sd card slot 1 with music. How do I get my rock boxed x3 to recognise and play music on a card in sd slot 2? Read Bobs ref to earlier posts but couldn't find the answer..,.

That worked - many thanks.

I was able to load all my albums from both cards into one humongeous playlist by using Menu>Files> and hovering over "<microSD1>", pressing the play/pause large button which gives a Context Menu, under which I selected "Current playlist" and then "Insert shuffled" which did the trick.

I'm able to use the Menu>Files> to find any of my album folders on either card should I want to play just one. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #2,448 of 5,194
I was able to load all my albums from both cards into one humongeous playlist by using Menu>Files> and hovering over "", pressing the play/pause large button which gives a Context Menu, under which I selected "Current playlist" and then "Insert shuffled" which did the trick.

I'm able to use the Menu>Files> to find any of my album folders on either card should I want to play just one. 

Thanks for the tip - I'll give this a try when I have loaded my second card. Didn't like the implementation of Rockbox on my old ibasso dx50, but on the x3 it is something else. I'm spending an awful amount of time exploring the possibilities re GUI and sound possibilities....

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2,450 of 5,194
  Is it only me who's having problems with playing Ogg files using Rockbox?

Wish I could help but I don't have any OOG files to try.  Frankly I'm using only lossless FLAC files either in 44.1/16 or 96/24.  I did try a couple 192/24 as a sanity check and they too played fine.

I'm sure someone else will chime in for you.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #2,451 of 5,194
Didn't like the implementation of Rockbox on my old ibasso dx50, but on the x3 it is something else. I'm spending an awful amount of time exploring the possibilities re GUI and sound possibilities....

Me too
beerchug.gif

I dumped the Haas surround and have stayed with the simple Meier Crossfeed.  Don't feel the need at all for any EQ with either of my 3 sets of IEMs or my Philips SHL5500s.  I'm basically a "KISS" type of guy.  All the other extensive options are in their default mode.  No flashy stuff or games for me either.  This great inexpensive Rockboxed DAP is for playing great music extremely well on the go period!

Now I do add a bit of bass boost in foobar2000 for my HD600s driven by a Schiit "stack" but that really is just a little tweak along with the crossfeed I mentioned in an earlier post.  Like the X3 Rockbox display with the LSE1 theme + icons after trying quite a few.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,453 of 5,194

have you copied the RB folder to the second card aswell? should automatically appear. 

wait, what? Do we also have to copy the .rockbox folder to micro sd card 2?

I didn't and was able to build that 2 card monster playlist.  But I can see why some would feel better if there were a copy of their .rockbox folder on each card.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,455 of 5,194
Finally my X3 arrived and now I can officially join the party with rockbox. Still waiting for my micro sd card, though.

My first impression is that Xduoo X3 has a lower volume than Fiio X1. Is that expected? It's also heavier. The HO/LO ports are tight. It works well with my Fiio E12 though.

Also it seems my X3 rattles a little when shaked. Is that a common thing? Sounds exciting to rockbox it though. I have a lenovo T60 with Windows XP, perfect for the job :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #2,456 of 5,194

I didn't and was able to build that 2 card monster playlist.  But I can see why some would feel better if there were a copy of their .rockbox folder on each card.

But will that not cause RB to conflict since there are 2 files .rockbox in 2 sd cards.

No because again Rockbox sees the two cards as an internal and an external.  It looks to the internal only for executing the user interface.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #2,458 of 5,194
  Finally my X3 arrived and now I can officially join the party with rockbox. Still waiting for my micro sd card, though.

My first impression is that Xduoo X3 has a lower volume than Fiio X1. Is that expected? It's also heavier. The HO/LO ports are tight. It works well with my Fiio E12 though.

Also it seems my X3 rattles a little when shaked. Is that a common thing? Sounds exciting to rockbox it though. I have a lenovo T60 with Windows XP, perfect for the job :)

You don't need to do it the hard way though. Check XVortex's RB website. Apparently, the newer versions, you can treat RB as an Xduoo firmware update and boot from there.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #2,459 of 5,194
Another problem with APE files using xduoo firmware, it seems X3 would pause the music for half a sec occasionally but for flac/ogg/mp3 files I haven't seen similar symptom yet. Is this a known issue as well?

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #2,460 of 5,194

Yes, headphone and line-out ports are tight.  Go carefully and they'll gradually ease a little (after several weeks).  The rattle is normal - it's mostly the little metal slider for the lock/hold switch on the side, and a little bit the buttons.  If you put your fingers on the switch and a few of the buttons when you shake, you'll notice it's a lot quieter. Mine does it - it's been fine for months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back