XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #1,516 of 5,194
  Btw, What is this Musiland 04 MX? Seems like a external DAC + Amp

http://www.musiland.com.cn/index.php/Product/show/id/208

I can't read the specs, but do you think that it can properly drive the Havi? this is a power hungry IEM..

Yes it's a DAC+DAP. It has more power than the X3, so based on the statement in this thread that X3 can properly drive the IEM then for 04MX  shouldn't be a problem.
I listend to that combo (Havi+x3) for 8-10hours. Before that I've tested a lot (13 to be exact) lower budget IEMs (KZ HDS1,ATE,ED10, Awei etc) for a week so it can't be said that I got used to too much to the KC06+x3 combo.

So I can imagine only 3possibility:

- the Havi hasn't been burn-in fully yet, and it doesn't show its full power,
- in spite of the statements in this thread the X3 can't drive it properly without an AMP,
- that the max what that IEM capable of.

Thats why I made that question. Becuase I had high hopes about that IEM+DAP combo.

Originally Posted by ozkan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the new generation Havi B3. I'm gonna tell you my findings about the synergy later today.

Ok, thank you. Wait for your opinion.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,517 of 5,194
@ BadReligionPunk:

I'm using a Samsung class10 HC I 128Gb microSD card.

Have to know that most of my music is 320khz MP3 files, so not so big files.
Maybe the files you delete are much bigger.
I will try to delete big files when playing to test (about 200/500mb?) , but I dont have any yet.

Afaik, class4 and 6 cards are mostly recommended for these kind of devices. Have you tried class4 micro SD card?

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,519 of 5,194
To compensate for the lack of protection now, I try to do my own protection for the device.

It is printed on 3D printer, rubber material.
it's not very nice, but it works.
Tell me how you think I can improve it, and will put the final 3D file in open access on http://www.thingiverse.com/.

You can respond here or send me sketches by private message.
(Thank you to use simple vocabulary, you may have guessed, English is not my native language)

Thank you.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #1,520 of 5,194
Yes it's a DAC+DAP. It has more power than the X3, so based on the statement in this thread that X3 can properly drive the IEM then for 04MX  shouldn't be a problem.
I listend to that combo (Havi+x3) for 8-10hours. Before that I've tested a lot (13 to be exact) lower budget IEMs (KZ HDS1,ATE,ED10, Awei etc) for a week so it can't be said that I got used to too much to the KC06+x3 combo.

- in spite of the statements in this thread the X3 can't drive it properly without an AMP,

Thats why I made that question. Becuase I had high hopes about that IEM+DAP combo.

Although I don't own the X3 I do have both the KC06 and Havi B3 and the B3's do have a wider soundstage and also significantly better depth. If you're not getting this something is wrong somewhere........

Edit: Ozkan sould be able to give you an strong indication pretty soon:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit2: What tips are you using on the Havi's?

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,521 of 5,194
Afaik, class4 and 6 cards are mostly recommended for these kind of devices. Have you tried class4 micro SD card?

No, sorry, I have this card as it was sold with my second hand Xduoo Player.
I didn't know it was a bad choice to have a Class10 card, I'm very newb with DAPs, the X3 is my first step into Hifi.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,522 of 5,194
Next gen b3's? can you kindly post some links here? I never knew b3's came  in blue. I thought they were only black and grey.

Those are the **** UE in the picture. The Havi's was updated to a slightly fuller sounding version at an unknown time (most likely when the started to use the cardboard retail package).

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #1,524 of 5,194
Although I don't own the X3 I do have both the KC06 and Havi B3 and the B3's do have a wider soundstage and also significantly better depth. If you're not getting this something is wrong somewhere........

Edit: Ozkan sould be able to give you an strong indication pretty soon:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit2: What tips are you using on the Havi's?

ive tried various tips, but foam and kc06's silicon was the best. with the white ones and the double flanged sounds like a $2iem. And yea there is a 4th possibility: wrong tips.

So where is the new firmware promised after the new year ? Wrote in support of and in Facebook about it , they are silent as guerrillas .

The Chinese new year started only today didn't it?

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #1,525 of 5,194

Ok I've tested Havi B3 on gain +6 and X3 can drive Havi just fine. :wink:

Btw, did you set the gain to +6db?

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #1,526 of 5,194
Well, for example these files show the issue, please check with your xDuoo X3's .
- Mike Oldfield, album Crises (1983) 2013 HDTracks 24-96. track 8. Shadow on the wall: http://www.filedropper.com/08-shadowonthewall
- Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame (1982) 2013 HDTracks 24-192. track 3. Monument: http://www.filedropper.com/03-monument
edit: the issue doesn't appear every time,  just after a fresh restart of the player it reappears again..:-/

Another strange thing is that the album 'Depeche Mode - Songs Of Faith And Devotion 24bit/88khz' is shown as 16bit on xDuoo's display. VLC player says 24bit! Filesize 285Mb, so definitely not standard CD-material.
Also the album plays quite a bit slower than it should.... checked it by playing the song parallel on the xDuoo X3 and my Windows PC (Win 7 64bit). On a song of 4min40sec, the difference is some 5 seconds!!  check for yourself:  Depeche Mode - Songs Of Faith And Devotion 24bit-song 8 Rush: http://www.filedropper.com/08rush

Looks to me like xDuoo has some software repairing to do, when these issues appear on other X3's as well...
anyone other than invisio and BruceBanner experimented with these files?

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #1,528 of 5,194
  I didn't know it was a bad choice to have a Class10 card,

It isn't a bad choice at all.  The higher the class the more expensive.  That and the read times should in practice become faster as the class number increases.  But a class 4 or 6 card should work just fine in the xDuoo X3.  Mine are Class 10 and I have zero problems.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,529 of 5,194

Most probably the Havi isn't burned in yet. You need to give it 50-100 hours for them to really settle

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #1,530 of 5,194
I've been burning the flc8s since I got them this afternoon , I'm switching between players but they sound awesome on the xduoox3 with fiio 12e, 17k, 07, with my cowon plenue d, x5 and 12e, the bass I'd very nice, still feel about a week will make these babies sing, I'm really surprised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back