XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,501 of 5,194
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  When you say "through LO", what exactly are you referring to?  The NX1 on Low gain?

I'm pairing X3 with Nx1 by using the line out of X3. Depending on the IEM I'm choosing high or low gain on Topping Nx1.

I'm referring to line out by LO.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,502 of 5,194
Gotcha.  Thanks!  

When I've used my NX1, I too used line out and for all my IEMs NX1 low gain works best.  For giggles I tried my HD600s with NX1 high gain. I found basically no substantive SQ difference between the X3 as a standalone and paired with the NX1. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #1,503 of 5,194
Hello

Who can tell me if your x3 intersects the first second of all music ?.

The mine does and it's very annoying.

Moreover, I find the screen not bright enough, even set to maximum.

In interior, it poses no problem, but outside, it's catastrophic.

In fact I feel that every day, the brightness down more and more.

I specify that I have other devices in OLED screen, and I have never had such a low brightness.

Yea the player cuts off a snippet of every song at the start. That's normal. Hopefully fixable in firmware with gapless playback. OLED screen is pretty terrible. Virtually unusable between sunrise and sundown. Great looks and great size for portability, but not very portable when you have to take your sunglasses off just to struggle to see what's going on, making it hard to use while walking the dogs or while driving.

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #1,504 of 5,194
Interesting.  Mine seems to truncate the end of songs more than the beginning although some songs do loose the first few notes as well.  Again not all.  Not most.  Just a few.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,508 of 5,194
Yea the player cuts off a snippet of every song at the start. That's normal. Hopefully fixable in firmware with gapless playback. OLED screen is pretty terrible. .....

Thanks, so mine works like other. I'm not sure thit can be fixed by firmware update, I think this is a "too low voltage input" for the oled screen.

There's one way that xDuoo can accelerate a rockbox port, and that's by releasing the source for the X3's kernel (which uses GPL'd code and should be released anyway). I wrote politely asking for this 6 weeks ago, but no reply. Maybe if others wrote as well (service@xduoo.com) something might happen.

good Idea, I'll do it today.

Don't try to delete a file while the player is playing a song on that same card. I was listening in a playlist folder when a song came up that I didn't want anymore so I changed to the next song, went back in folder view and found the song. Hit options, delete song and....freeze!

I guess it's probably common sense,but I didn'tknow, how would you? Anyway the freeze only lasted about 3-4 minutes then everything was fine. Didn't like that at all. It did delete the file.

Anybody else want to test it?

I delete files when the player is playing, I never had a freeze for now, whatever I delete the one is actually playing (-> the player stop and goes to the next music in the directory) or another one (the player continue to play it).
  Well, for example these files show the issue, please check with your xDuoo X3's .
- Mike Oldfield, album Crises (1983) 2013 HDTracks 24-96. track 8. Shadow on the wall: http://www.filedropper.com/08-shadowonthewall
- Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame (1982) 2013 HDTracks 24-192. track 3. Monument: http://www.filedropper.com/03-monument
edit: the issue doesn't appear every time,  just after a fresh restart of the player it reappears again..:-/

I downloaded those files and tryed it several times on my Xduoo player, I don't eared any problem for now..

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #1,510 of 5,194
Some people wrote that Havi B3 Pro1 has good synergy with X3 and can be fully driven by this DAP.
I wanna ask them: are you 100% sure about this?

Because I have a Havi IEM atm (with many other IEMs to test them) and I'm a little bit disappointed.
Compared to my KC06, since they are in the same price league, it has narrower space, less details, lack of bass/hights, and KC06 has clearer sound.

I've tested it with my Musiland 04 MX too, same result. So could it be thats all what this IEM capable of? (or neither the xDuoo nor the Musiland can't drive it properly?)

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,511 of 5,194
Invisio. Good to know you have no issues with deleting files. What kind of memory are you using?

I wonder if anyone else can confirm the freeze up or not. I really believe that pny might be responsible for a lot of the issues. I remember reading somewhere that the company rec'd sansdisk memory for the player.

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,512 of 5,194
  Some people wrote that Havi B3 Pro1 has good synergy with X3 and can be fully driven by this DAP.
I wanna ask them: are you 100% sure about this?

Because I have a Havi IEM atm (with many other IEMs to test them) and I'm a little bit disappointed.
Compared to my KC06, since they are in the same price league, it has narrower space, less details, lack of bass/hights, and KC06 has clearer sound.

I've tested it with my Musiland 04 MX too, same result. So could it be thats all what this IEM capable of? (or neither the xDuoo nor the Musiland can't drive it properly?)

Myself personally is 100% sure about Havi's synergy with the X3. 

I can't comment on the KC06 since I've never heard them so I cannot make any comparison. Just curious, how many hours did you have on the X3 & the Havi? at first I was underwhelmed by the pairing also.. but now its all good 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,513 of 5,194
Btw, What is this Musiland 04 MX? Seems like a external DAC + Amp

http://www.musiland.com.cn/index.php/Product/show/id/208

I can't read the specs, but do you think that it can properly drive the Havi? this is a power hungry IEM..

Feb 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #1,514 of 5,194
Feb 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,515 of 5,194
@ BadReligionPunk:

I'm using a Samsung class10 HC I 128Gb microSD card.

Have to know that most of my music is 320khz MP3 files, so not so big files.
Maybe the files you delete are much bigger.
I will try to delete big files when playing to test (about 200/500mb?) , but I dont have any yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back