XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 28, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,366 of 5,194
  How did people find out about it? Is it something that can be measured or is it that clear an audible difference? Does it start immediately on playback or after awhile. I'm a 320kbps MP3 file kinda guy so it's pretty important to me.

It would have to be immediate and only when playing 44100 Hz sample rate files.
MP3 are 95% or more of the time gonna be 44.1khz statistically speaking, i'd guess.

Also, even if the pitch thing is on a more noticeable scale, it's still very likely that it's a small enough pitch difference you wouldn't know unless you were very pitch sensitive and perhaps listened to a song you knew super well and could tell something was wrong. But it's most likely I'd guess the guy with the scope who posted about it might have been super pitch sensitive and though something was off.

maybe we'll never know?

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #1,367 of 5,194
Originally Posted by JK1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is likely due to programming errors. It might take some effort to fix.  If it was very simple to fix though, they would have probably fixed it as soon as they found out about it.

Hello JK1, I have asked about this and Tony from XDuoo has said they are working on it. This is their first Linux player and they are new to it and learning fast as they can to fix it. 
They started off only making amps and tested the water with the X1 which is one of my favorites and still use but got a lot of attention from the X2. 
The X3 is a new step for XDuoo due to the OS but they assure us as customers that they are working on it and I tend to believe them.
If you look at the X2 thread and 7 firmware versions and even hardware changes to the buttons as I have read they are listening and working to fix and improve the players. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #1,368 of 5,194
It isn't a dealbreaker if you DAP isn't capable of playing at the proper speed?

It may be mentioned earlier in the thread but where does the 0.83 figure come from? It could be barely noticeable or somewhat noticable based on what it is relative to...

It makes it seem like they didn't test the xduoo with test tones. It could have sounded fine but looked wrong when on a scope.

The 0.83% figure is 30 seconds per hour, 30/3600. That is what I read the pitch error was. I could not verify this myself as I don't have an Xduoo X3 yet.

It is relative to the frequencies being played, so 1000 hz for example is played as 991.7 hz. Would you notice that? Perhaps it depends quite a bit on how familiar you are with the recording being played. Perhaps someone was comparing the sound of two players and started both of them playing the same music at the same time. After a few seconds they noticed the Xduoo X3 was no longer synced and playing slower. When starting players in sync like this, it is easy to notice the difference rather quickly. Listening to just a single player though makes it much more difficult to notice, especially for recordings one isn't so familiar with.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #1,369 of 5,194
  Leather case for the xDuoo X3 has hit eBoy for $9.99 shipped.

I've ordered one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121877883794

Seller is bigbargainonline also known as Penon Audio :)

They can keep those stickers :frowning2:  Really don't understand why anyone would want to put one of those on the DAP.   Better would have been to include some quality screen protectors!

HELL YES~!

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,371 of 5,194
Penon wants $9.90 direct (http://penonaudio.com/brands/xDuoo-all-models/Xduoo-X3-Leatherette-Case) and $9.99 on FleaBay.  For me Fleabay was the easiest path.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,372 of 5,194
That case looks **** imo, very loose and not tight at all. Not like my AP100 case which is leather and has a nice amount of tightness keeping the DAP firmly safe within. I dunno if it's just the ebay pics or what but it looks like the X3 would slide easily outta that thing O.o

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,373 of 5,194
  That case looks **** imo, very loose and not tight at all. Not like my AP100 case which is leather and has a nice amount of tightness keeping the DAP firmly safe within. I dunno if it's just the ebay pics or what but it looks like the X3 would slide easily outta that thing O.o

We'll know in a couple weeks when I have mine in hand.   I'm betting there won't be an issue though.  What looks "loose" is that strap portion between the screen and control panel.  The rest doesn't.

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #1,374 of 5,194

We'll know in a couple weeks when I have mine in hand.   I'm betting there won't be an issue though.  What looks "loose" is that strap portion between the screen and control panel.  The rest doesn't.

Nah I disagree, the whole thing looks loose, check the photos more thoroughly, all the way around the buttons and edging and sides, even the LO & HO looks 'baggy'.

Of course I'm not a jerk, i sincerely hope yours fits snug as a glove, not all might be produced the same, perhaps this one is a bit saggy (pictured), other ones will be better, let's hope so. I just think the photos are very uninspiring and don't exactly inspire confidence!

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #1,375 of 5,194
Ok today I paired my xduoox3 with my fiio andes, dac amp, I don't know what it is about fiio products that sound so musical and the xduoox3 is the same, I did this pair up for my macawgt100s with sony hybrids, the ones with the glued sponge inside the silicone,all I can say is wow, macaw require a great deal of amp power , at least for me, but with the gold reference filters it's amazing, how jazz and instrumental sound, the bass is incredible, I recomend these macawgt100s, the andes is great with xduoox3, now one thing I did notice, low quality, will sound awful with the macaw and xduoox3

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #1,376 of 5,194
Ok so I borrowed a pair of Havi B3 Pro 1 from my friend and paired themwith my x3. Great pair, no doubt, clear, almost analytical. Good soundstage. But I had to bump the volume up near 80%.
Then I added his Oppo HA-2 to the mix and I felt the clarity and instrument separation got better. Soundstage also seemed wider. 
So looks like the Havis really shine with the x3 with an amp. But, I was looking for a pair of IEMs that go very well with the x3 WITHOUT any external amplifications (I know an amp will help most of the time, but still). My main requirements are clarity and soundstage. I am not a basshead at all.

So with that said, what IEMs do you guys recommend that have excellent synergy and great soundstage with the x3 WITHOUT the need for an amp?

Vsonic vsd1s are sounding pretty neat when I don't amp my X3

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #1,377 of 5,194
  It can be measured easily. Start playing the music on your Cd player and the music on your Xduoo X3 at the same time. The Xduoo X3 will take longer to finish playing the music. I read the difference is 30 seconds per hour. It is audible to those with a good ear. A pitch error of less than 0.25% is probably noticeable to  few people, but at 0.83% quite a few people will notice it, especially when playing recordings they are very familiar with. It is probably consistent. I did not do any of my own testing as I don't even have an Xduoo X3 yet. Years ago Sandisk had a pitch error with the Clip+. Sandisk didn't totally eliminate the pitch error in their Clip+ firmware but reduced it by around 2/3 to around 0.25%. Many still complained about the fix.  The fix though did reduce battery life somewhat. Sandisk claimed to completely eliminate the pitch error would have required a much greater loss of battery life. Rockbox on the Clip+ though has a pitch error of much less than 0.25%.

I expect Xduoo to be able to fix the problem with a firmware update, although they might decide not to eliminate the pitch error completely but to greatly reduce it like Sandisk did if it is too difficult or requires too much battery life loss to fix completely. My feeling is if they get the pitch error to below 0.15% everyone except the most fussy people will be satisfied.

Wouldn't it be easier to just add a pitch control feature lol? Allow the user to adjust if it bothers? Seems like the pitch is fine for other formats, or perhaps the introduction and the toggling on of the pitch control would drain the battery...

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #1,378 of 5,194
  Because the original conversation for XDuoo X3 was in a completely different thread for a player from 2013 until several pages in I've created this thread purely for the new XDuoo X3 DAP. The company XDuoo have gained quite an amount of momentum with their previous XDuoo X2 DAP on Head-fi. Is XDuoo X3 that upgrade we've all been waiting for?

Featuring dual micro sd card slots and using the well received Cirrus Logic CS4938 DAC chip those specifications look extremely impressive! Available in three colours: Black, Silver and Gold!

Photos and Specs:

XDuoo X3 Specs:

Power: 1500MAH 3.7V lithium polymer battery
Processor: the king is smart chip JZ4760B
Operating System: LINUX
DAC chip: Cirrus Logic CS4398
Amplifier chip: one per channel rail-to-rail high-efficiency amplifier chip

Card support: maximum support two 128G TF / Micro SD Cards

Output power: 250mW (32Ω load)
Line out Output level: 1.5Vrms

Supported Music Formats:

DSD: DSD64
APE: 24bit / 192khz
FLAC: 24bit / 192khz
WAV: 24bit / 192khz
APPLE Lossless: 24bit / 192khz
CUE
WMA, MP3, AAC, ALAC, OGG

Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.5dB)
Gain: + 6dB
Distortion: 0.001% (1KHz)
SNR: 110dB
Adapter Headphone Impedance: 8Ω ~ 300Ω

Life time:> 10H
Charging time: <2H
Volume: 105.5 * 45 * 14mm
Weight: 100g
Color: Black, Silver, Gold

XDuoo X3 is released now for $110 USD (Penon Audio). Can also be found on eBay for a little more (around $150 USD), I've also seen the XDuoo on Aliexpress.

People are receiving their X3 units as you read this so stay tuned!

Penon Audio Link: http://penonaudio.com/xDuoo-X3

First Impressions:

ndburley: (Link - Click Here)

svyr: (Link - Click Here)

twister6: (Link - Click Here)

goody: (Link - Click Here)

Kova4a:  (Link - Click here)

miriddin: (Link - Click Here)

unbalanced: (Link - Click Here)

Romis: (Link - Click Here)

Jupiterknight: (Link - Click Here)

Judge Buff: (Link - Click Here)

Captaintoto: (Link - Click Here)

andione1983: (Link - Click Here)

Full Review:

H20Fidelity: (Link - Click here)

charleski: (Link - Click Here)

Does this DAP have a digital out for DAC?

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #1,379 of 5,194

Wouldn't it be easier to just add a pitch control feature lol? Allow the user to adjust if it bothers? Seems like the pitch is fine for other formats, or perhaps the introduction and the toggling on of the pitch control would drain the battery...

I guess it might add to the distortion? I have no idea. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #1,380 of 5,194

Great choices!
Anybody have any other IEM recommendations? (has to work well WITHOUT external amp).
Any of the Zero Audio ones work well (Duoza, anyone)?

I would recommend the Ostry KC06 but the basic (witout "A") version. Thats my main IEM. I've tried a Havi 2days ago, and it lacks of bass and hights compared to the KC06. So because the "A" has even more boss I would suggest to try the KC06 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back