XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 10, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,051 of 5,194
No, ndburley, you understood me correctly.  Thank you for taking the pictures though.  I did some examining and it appears my screw combo plugs have a teeney bit shorter length on the ground portion of the plug shaft compared to 3.5mm TRS plugs say on my IEMs.  This is the thickest and closest to the threads.   Not sure but suspect this may be the issue. 

Bottomline is that as previously stated I have a work around.  I use the excellent right angle adapter that Trinity Audio supplies with its IEMs. 

Bottomline is that this is a very minor nit and in no way a deal breaker!

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,052 of 5,194
So PNY 128gb cards happen to be on sale for $35 so I bought 2 of them. Will have them Wednesday. Now I won'thave my x3 for a couple weeks but I wanted to get my music loaded onto the cards now.

So exfat is ok,but I just need a small fat card for firmware updates?

And since I'm coming from Apple products for the past 12 years and don't have any clue to how the x3 sorts music, what is the best way to organise the music on cards?

Thanks guys.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #1,054 of 5,194
So PNY 128gb cards happen to be on sale for $35 so I bought 2 of them. Will have them Wednesday. Now I won'thave my x3 for a couple weeks but I wanted to get my music loaded onto the cards now.

And since I'm coming from Apple products for the past 12 years and don't have any clue to how the x3 sorts music, what is the best way to organise the music on cards?

Thanks guys.

I think you have to use exFat because of using large microSD-card size.

Your solution for firmwareupdate is OK, using a small Fat-formatted card will do the trick.

Since you use quite large SDcards, best way to organise music is by putting them in folders.
Selecting a folder on one of the two SDcards gives you the song, which you can play. You can select 'play all', 'play random' (etc) by pressing the 'options' button.
You have to use the back button to go to 'home-menu' again so you can select another folder. That's a bit cumbersome.
You can tag your files as 'favourites' so you can play them by selecting that in 'home-menu'.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,055 of 5,194

So exfat is ok,but I just need a smallfat card for firmware updates?

Yes, and exfat seems a bit quicker. It's perfectly possible to format a 128GB card as FAT32 if needed for compatibility with other devices, and that will work as well.

I go genre -> artist -> album. It depends on your preferred way of finding music. Try to avoid folders containing lots of entries though.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #1,056 of 5,194

Thanks guys.

It is nice to have a small card for updates, , just because it remains as a dedicated identifiable firmware tool. I'm so glad the 128's have dropped to easily affordable. I've been buying "throw away" cheap 64's for a while how but they never really hold enough and they all look alike, so I'm get back to being confused about what's where, who's who and which card we're those files on! But hey that's probanly just me

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #1,058 of 5,194
  What are some of the IEMs that go very well with the xduoo x3?

Since I'm completely new to Head-fi/audiophilately I only have experience with some low-priced stuff (hence the choice for the xDuoo X3 :wink:  ).
I like this dap with the Pistons 3 (The 2 also sounds ok, but less clean).
Xiaomi Hybrids on the way, let you know how they fare... I've read about their 8khz dip, we will see.

Next might be the Havi-trail.

As you can see, every time a step up.

Until now, nothing can beat my Takstar 80 pro.... it's waaay better than the IEMs I mentioned.
PS: must say I'm quite into V-shaped EQ, so take that in account

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,059 of 5,194
  What are some of the IEMs that go very well with the xduoo x3?

From my colection:
- ADV.Sound M4
- Custom Art Pro330
- NarMoo S1
- Phonak Audeo PFE012 (grey filters)
- **** DT3

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #1,064 of 5,194
  I've had the Pro330 before, other than that no experience with the other ones you mentioned. Which one you recommend?

If you like Pro330, then Audeo. They are warmer, more laid back, but still precise and neutral.
ADV.Sound are cheap all-arounder. You could want better dynamic on bass and better separation, but xDuoo can add some of those two things.
NarMoo S1 are bassy, but with X3, they are going to more natural sound. Cheap, well build and have some "wow factor".
**** DT3 need burning process (over 50h) and new eartips (in stock are very bad). xDuoo gonna help with recessed treble but they sound very fun and unfatigue with smooth mids and nice bass.

And one more model: Zero Audio Doppio. Great treble, mids and separation. Bass is recessed, with drop-off under 50Hz, but with X3 classical music gave me a lot of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back