XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #992 of 5,194
Hi
They send me this response abaout the pitch bug:This problem will be fixed after Chinese new year.

I don't get any response from xDuoo, wrote them twice.
Chinese Newyear is 8th of February 2016. So before that date we won't hear anything from xDuoo. And after that date, how long will it take then? Open end?    Hope not.

Would be great if xDuoo entered this thread and heard of the things we experience with their product.
Is there a place where we can gather our points; best place would be in post #1 (H20Fidelity)
For starters:
- pitch bug with specific samplerates
- no prefetch which makes the first 1-1.5 seconds of a song semi-mute
- gapless play
- EQ settings
- Rockbox port
- GUI selectable
- DSD problems (should be solved in v 1.1)

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #993 of 5,194
I don't get any response from xDuoo, wrote them twice.
Chinese Newyear is 8th of February 2016. So before that date we won't hear anything from xDuoo. And after that date, how long will it take then? Open end?    Hope not.

Would be great if xDuoo entered this thread and heard of the things we experience with their product.
Is there a place where we can gather our points; best place would be in post #1 (H20Fidelity)
For starters:
- pitch bug with specific samplerates
- no prefetch which makes the first 1-1.5 seconds of a song semi-mute
- gapless play
- EQ settings
- Rockbox port
- GUI selectable
- DSD problems (should be solved in v 1.1)

I hope too that the people at Xduoo are reading this forum and make these changes to the software of the x3. Gapless and eq should be a must have in any good dap.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #994 of 5,194
Hi
They send me this response abaout the pitch bug:This problem will be fixed after Chinese new year.

It is very upsetting to wait so long . We must not grasp at all the problems we have to solve the slowdown and release the firmware with one correction . I can live without the Eq and gapless and 0.5 seconds of silence at the beginning of the track . But it is impossible that the player seems wrong on the very common 16 \44.1 kHz . Because of this slowness suport I will never buy any product of the company xDuoo .

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #995 of 5,194
  It is very upsetting to wait so long . We must not grasp at all the problems we have to solve the slowdown and release the firmware with one correction . I can live without the Eq and gapless and 0.5 seconds of silence at the beginning of the track . But it is impossible that the player seems wrong on the very common 16 \44.1 kHz . Because of this slowness suport I will never buy any product of the company xDuoo .

If only they just ship one of these to a Rockbox developer.....
I hope xDuoo are not arrogant in dismissing our input, and because of recent lack of response I'm not very hopeful. Maybe @everrain can inform us, He/she seems to have gotten response from xDuoo recently.

If I was in the market for a decent allround DAP I would hesitate to buy an X3. Since I mostly use 24/96+ files I'm not affected by this bug however.

Since we are quite active in this thread, it will most likely be picked up by Google-indexing... Which means that when a potential buyer does Google 'xDuoo X3 review' he will most likely stumble upon this thread......[edit: just checked, we are on no.1 place in Google results!!  
biggrin.gif
]
Would that trigger xDuoo to be active in this thread?

So 'keep this thread alive!!  ' :)

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #996 of 5,194
Ok, I see several readers are concerned about this oscillator problem. It certainly is something that needs to be fixed, though it's a common problem in designs that only use one crystal. Before people get too anxious though (since audio gear seems to provoke anxiety more than anything else), it might be an idea to see how audible the problem is.

I've prepared the following sequence of samples. Each is a 15 second snippet from music that was recorded and released at 96 or 192kHz, then downsampled in Adobe Audition to 48 or 44.1kHz. The sections should sound identical, and will allow you to decide for yourself how much this issue will affect your enjoyment. Personally, I'm having difficulties telling them apart, but that doesn't excuse the issue, which certainly should be fixed.

Obviously this comes from copyrighted material: I'm hoping that the fact that each snippet is only 15 seconds taken from somewhere in the middle of the track makes this a reasonable fair use. If there are any compaints I'll take it down.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zs2l99

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #997 of 5,194
some more internals:

https://infinit.io/_/j7zJqy4

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #1,000 of 5,194
Guys,

I will try to talk to Xduoo guys about the improvement that we hope they can bring.

Personally will prefer there is no cue. option, the cue is implement into the all files and when you select the cue files it should be able to have the list of songs already.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #1,001 of 5,194
  Guys,

I will try to talk to Xduoo guys about the improvement that we hope they can bring.

Personally will prefer there is no cue. option, the cue is implement into the all files and when you select the cue files it should be able to have the list of songs already.

I thought the same that's would be a good improvement if the .cue didn't have a separate menu but would work the same way in the folder menu. (+for me the prefetch would be much bigger improvement than the gapless play :) )

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,002 of 5,194
A suitable velvet pouch for $0.99
(I like to sponsor the Chinese).

The screen protector is quite inferior though. Scratched it badly just by very carefully applying it with a plastic credit card. Old skool screen protector of the worst kind ...

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,003 of 5,194
A suitable velvet pouch for $0.99
(I like to sponsor the Chinese)...

I'm sure some folks would like to know exactly where you got the pouch.  Can you post a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back