XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 2, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #977 of 5,194
I have a quick question. I am not in the habit of shaking my electronics, but I picked up my x3 faster than normal and heard a something shaking. It does not sound like it is moving around but rather something that is in place. Is it possibly the connections for the buttons?

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #978 of 5,194
I have a quick question. I am not in the habit of shaking my electronics, but I picked up my x3 faster than normal and heard a something shaking. It does not sound like it is moving around but rather something that is in place. Is it possibly the connections for the buttons?

Just lightly put your fingers on the the volume buttons and shake again.

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #979 of 5,194
Jan 2, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #980 of 5,194
I got mine from Andoer came in approx 2 weeks

Hello,
a happy new year to everyone.
I bought my X3 two months ago there. It is "legit" and it all worked very well. No problems with "Andoer". I hope it helps.
Andreas

Thank you guys for your replies and happy new year !!!

Edit: I have ordered it and I see that Andoer sells the 2016 version because the home button is called "BACK" instead of "ESC", am I right on this?

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #982 of 5,194
I have ordered it and I see that Andoer sells the 2016 version because the home button is called "BACK" instead of "ESC", am I right on this?

Don't know that it is referred to as the 2016 model but what you describe is in fact the newest iteration.  Mine is too :)

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #984 of 5,194
For giggles I paired mine with near 10 year old Little Dot Micro + (std gain; 80mw @ 16 ohms).  The amp was always characterized as neutral and it was with the X3.  The pairing gave that little extra umph for my HD600s.  Given that I'll never need an amp with the IEMs I'm using with the X3, it was just a curiosity drill as the X3 output is just fine for my usage :)

Oh BTW my earlier attempt to use some old NOS Brando screen protectors I had left over for my Palm TX proved to be a success in the long term.  Seems the first package had an air leak with the protector becoming brittle and unuseable.  The second was just fine and provides a thicker bubble free application.  I had 3 packages so there's at least 3 if not more I can cut for use from the 1 1/2 sheets left :)

Brando still sells their excellent protectors (just not for the old TX).

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #985 of 5,194
upgraded to v1.1 firmware from http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnDownload.asp (much nicer process not requiring OEM windows tools btw)
I've always thought X3 sounded a bit 'diffused' compared to clip plus or X2. is anyone else getting the same feeling.
I'm finding X2 sounds more rich and dynamic with both FLC8 and Altone 350 :\
ps I see XDuoo are still working on the EQ

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #987 of 5,194
upgraded to v1.1 firmware from http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnDownload.asp (much nicer process not requiring OEM windows tools btw)
I've always thought X3 sounded a bit 'diffused' compared to clip plus or X2. is anyone else getting the same feeling.
ps I see XDuoo are still working on the EQ

I have to say that I much prefer the sound of my Xduoo X2 than my Xduoo X3. It is also true that I am using the EQ settings in rock mode for the Xduoo X2. I am hoping that Xduoo is working hard on adding an EQ to this player.

Apparently there we will also have Rockbox for the Xduoo X3 which will include a preset of EQs. Hopefully this new software updates will make the X3 better than the X2 (soundwise), as its hardware should deliver a much better sound IMO. 

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #988 of 5,194

X2 has more V signature, so you can feel it like a more dynamic sound.

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #989 of 5,194
X2 has more V signature, so you can feel it like a more dynamic sound.
I have always been quite a V-shape guy (soundwise, not muscular wise hehheh) and am actually enjoying the X3 for its more clean sound, but now and then I would like to have the opportunity to select an EQ. Would be great if that is added to the software.

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #990 of 5,194
I have always been quite a V-shape guy (soundwise, not muscular wise hehheh) and am actually enjoying the X3 for its more clean sound, but now and then I would like to have the opportunity to select an EQ. Would be great if that is added to the software.

I'm with you here in preferring a neutral player that I can tweak to my satisfaction with either EQ, choice of IEMs (and tuning filters for those that offer interchangeable ones) or leave as is.  Having a player with a skewed playback frequency response, V shaped or otherwise, may limit personal adjustment choices.  So no thanks from me to what some have lauded about the X2, I'll take the X3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back