XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Nov 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #498 of 5,194
  Imo the best idea for a married couple is for each person to get the same amount as a personal allowance. That way you don't argue with her about how much she spends on clothes,shoes, and hair care, and she doesn't argue with you about how much you spend on electronics. The simplified form of this is  your spending on electronics, clothes, shoes, and hair care should equal her spending on clothes,shoes, hair care, and electronics.

That would be a good idea, but it would be hard to itemize what she spends. I do buy what she calls big ticket items, but in my defense, I have not bought any portable audio since the Xduoo X2 in July: ) The X3 despite the battery life, looks to me to be a happy medium between my X2 and my HiSound Audio V 3rd Anniversary(which despite long battery life has to now be "jump started" by connecting it via USB first).

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #499 of 5,194
  Imo the best idea for a married couple is for each person to get the same amount as a personal allowance. That way you don't argue with her about how much she spends on clothes,shoes, and hair care, and she doesn't argue with you about how much you spend on electronics. The simplified form of this is  your spending on electronics, clothes, shoes, and hair care should equal her spending on clothes,shoes, hair care, and electronics.

I`m a lucky one, we do not count each others income 
bigsmile_face.gif

How does X3 compare to iBasso line of players, especially the new DX80? 

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #503 of 5,194
Curious as to how it compares to the similarly priced fiio X1.

XDuoo X3 sounds quite a bit better than FiiO X1. Cleaner, spacious, more detail and clarity. If you read this thread XDuoo X3 keeps up with FiiO X3II and to some extent iBasso DX50, passing FiiO X1 was never a problem. That's one thing I feel members become confused with, they see the price of XDuoo X3 at $110 then in their head line it up with players in its own price range, but in the case of XDuooo X3 (especially with its DAC and internals) it bounces up to the next category and in many cases quite easily. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #505 of 5,194
Does it scale well against a dx90? I am assuming it's nice. Just always fun to hear the impressions.

Depends how you look at it. In soundstage width and spaciousness yes, X3 can even outclass DX90 in this area, and the XDuoo sounds smoother, more organic. If you're seeking the absolute detail retrieval and resolution of DX90 along with its semi-processeed/digital sound, you won't find that in XDuoo X3.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #506 of 5,194
Thank you H20Fidelity!
I have xDuoo for several weeks and very happy with this little jukebox 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yesterday did listen to compare X3, iPod (Rockboxed) and HTC One (w/Neutron) and my conclusion is that I like xDuoo even more, after listening to the same tracks on all of them, today want only X3 - it`s much more "musical" to my taste at contemporary classical and jazz recordings.
What I want in X3 is crossfeed, because of too much separation of channels in old jazz recordings.
We could make a feedback as a list of wishes in future firmwares for X3.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #508 of 5,194
I'm really interested. Owning the x2 and liking everything except for the UI/navigation and the clickiness of the buttons (chronic song changer and don't want to annoy others on public transport), is the UI of the X3 easier to use? For those that own both, are the buttons as noisy?

Thanks!

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #509 of 5,194
  What about the UI? It looks like same as X2.

I'm really interested. Owning the x2 and liking everything except for the UI/navigation and the clickiness of the buttons (chronic song changer and don't want to annoy others on public transport), is the UI of the X3 easier to use? For those that own both, are the buttons as noisy?

Thanks!

The UI is different. Snappier and simpler to operate than x2. I know that xduoo made changes to the x2's buttons but I have't tried such an x2 to see how it compares. Compared to the first batch x2, the x3's buttons register presses a lot better and are slightly less clicky but they are still on the noisy side. I don't think that a few clicks very 5 mins or so in an already noisy environment are an issue unless you just click and click all the time and can't even listen to one song in its entirety.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #510 of 5,194
The UI is different. Snappier and simpler to operate than x2. I know that xduoo made changes to the x2's buttons but I have't tried such an x2 to see how it compares. Compared to the first batch x2, the x3's buttons register presses a lot better and are slightly less clicky but they are still on the noisy side. I don't think that a few clicks very 5 mins or so in an already noisy environment are an issue unless you just click and click all the time and can't even listen to one song in its entirety.

Thanks Kova :) I usually repeat songs so shouldn't be too bad. I probably have one of the early batches of the x2 so I have to hit buttons twice sometimes to get the click to register so hearing that the x3 UI is snapier is good news. I've been eyeing the Fiio m3 as well. However, I know I like the xduoo sound and have no idea about the Fiios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back