XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Aug 12, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #3,737 of 5,194
Anyone know if this player will be able to handle higher than 128gb ? Thanks

Did you mean a single card more than 128GB? I am currently using a 128 + 64 right now without any problems. They have mentioned 128 + 128 works fine with it. But I guess, if you have a single 256 it would also work. But, its tedious to scroll through the large library if not properly planned without a touch screen, with some sort of search function.

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,738 of 5,194
Anyone know if this player will be able to handle higher than 128gb ? Thanks

Yes, several have posted their success with a pair of 200Gb mSD cards.

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,742 of 5,194
I've seen several posts here about people's troubles sorting files in alphabetical order on cards using DriveSort.

I noticed today that DriveSort can work on long names and short names. Short names are old DOS based 8 character names. Windows will create a short name for every file you have, even though you will almost never see it.

DriveSort comes set by default to "Sort by Short Names". This should be changed to "Sort by Long Names".

I just did it, and magically, all the filenames show up in (longname) alphabetical order.

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #3,743 of 5,194
  Hi!

I charged my new rockboxed X3 5 hours with notebook USB, but the battery is still at about 50%.

What's the problem, hardware or rockbox?

Thanks.

You could try charging using the stock FW, set the lock button to ON, power on, when you see the Xduoo logo, change lock to OFF.

Maybe also try using a different USB cable.

Aug 16, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #3,744 of 5,194
Hi!

I charged my new rockboxed X3 5 hours with notebook USB, but the battery is still at about 50%.

What's the problem, hardware or rockbox?

Thanks.

1. is your notebook set in BIOS to charge other devices via USB ports?
2. try a 5V standalone charger i.e. a phone charger
3. you may have an unsuitable USB cable

Note: make sure the X3 is turned off before plugging in the USB cable linked to the charging device (laptop or stanalone charger)

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #3,746 of 5,194
It's probably my first post here although I've been on here since 2012!

But is anybody else other than me finding this little player a bit difficult to love? Not because of the sound quality but because of the other things about it.

It takes me almost twice the time to charge the battery (6-8 hours) than to run down the charge (4-5 hours).

Depending on how the charging is done (USB to computer, 1 Amp charger, 2 Amp charger) - the device either gets worryingly warm; or hotter than the sun.

Depending on what files are being played, same thing. Not as hot as when charging, but not-a-nice-feeling-in-your-pants-pocket kind of warmth.

I found that Rockboxing it exacerbates the heat/battery drain problem, but the stock OS/User Interface is still really warm, and the battery drains quicker than I like and charges slower than I like.

Just me? Should I bite the bullet, put it down as a learning experience and get a Cayin N5 instead?

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #3,747 of 5,194
  It's probably my first post here although I've been on here since 2012!

But is anybody else other than me finding this little player a bit difficult to love? Not because of the sound quality but because of the other things about it.

It takes me almost twice the time to charge the battery (6-8 hours) than to run down the charge (4-5 hours).

Depending on how the charging is done (USB to computer, 1 Amp charger, 2 Amp charger) - the device either gets worryingly warm; or hotter than the sun.

Depending on what files are being played, same thing. Not as hot as when charging, but not-a-nice-feeling-in-your-pants-pocket kind of warmth.

I found that Rockboxing it exacerbates the heat/battery drain problem, but the stock OS/User Interface is still really warm, and the battery drains quicker than I like and charges slower than I like.

Just me? Should I bite the bullet, put it down as a learning experience and get a Cayin N5 instead?

My experience as well.  Love the Rockbox sound but wish the heat/battery life issues were better.  An 8 to 10 hour battery life would be nice.  My Cowon D2+ will go around 16 hours continuous now and I've had it for years.  

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3,748 of 5,194
Its a cheap player, so they are using cheap parts. The battery is no exception. I don't have mine anymore but my battery lasted about 11 hours on stock OS, and never got hot. I you guys are only getting 5-6 hours out of it there is a problem.

Anyway I moved on to Cayin N5, so to the guy asking about that, I would say sure thing. The player is night and day compared to X3(but also 3x price). Battery life is about 10-12 hours, and the thing gets warm also. Its also a pretty big player much bigger then I actually wanted. Sounds glorious though and that makes up for its shortcomings.

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #3,749 of 5,194
Hi guys,

I have my own xDuoo X3 and I find one major problem with this product - the screen. Its completely illegible while staying in sunlight (not even at noon!). .This is why I wonder... is there any screen replacement for this? Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Many thanks!
K
I agree with you completely.
I've seen a mod where someone took off the 'transparent' plastic part that sits on top of the OLED screen. That plastic part is Grey-black transparent which filters some 40% of OLED brightness. We all would be helped when xduoo shipped us a completely transparent replacement part (with no color) that we can swap with the factory installed part.
But hey, this is xduoo, will never happen! :-/

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,750 of 5,194
I agree with you completely.
I've seen a mod where someone took off the 'transparent' plastic part that sits on top of the OLED screen. That plastic part is Grey-black transparent which filters some 40% of OLED brightness. We all would be helped when xduoo shipped us a completely transparent replacement part (with no color) that we can swap with the factory installed part.
But hey, this is xduoo, will never happen! :-/

Its not a liquid crystal display is it?

Hmmm

May just pop it out. I've just removed the mirror screens on my X2 's and they don't seem to need a new screen protector. Might try the same here. Dunno why I've not thought of that before...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back