XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 20, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #3,661 of 5,194
FWIW, I always felt the bass was unsatisfying on the X1 when I had it.  Sold it mainly because of this.  I don't feel this way about my Rockboxed X3.

Same here except still rocking the stock os. I like it a lot. I have rockboxed ipod and clip... so wasn't In a rush to rockbox it. I would like eq though.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #3,664 of 5,194
Same here except still rocking the stock os. I like it a lot. I have rockboxed ipod and clip... so wasn't In a rush to rockbox it. I would like eq though.

Yeah, I Rockboxed to get EQ and correct the pitch issue.  I don't do "that" much EQ'ing with it though.  Typically around 2 to 4db boost on bass and 2db with treble. Guess you could say I like a "V" shaped signature.    

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #3,671 of 5,194
I am amping the X3 with a D14 bushmaster.. Sounds great!

Guys, have you amped your X3? To my ears, amping the X3 with my FiiO Q1 is sooo much better than the X3 HP out...

Best rig i've ever owned!

Can't wait to see the Rockbox fully working on it! That will be a glorious day! :L3000:

I will absolutely say that the sound that comes out from the D14 and the Q1 is fantastic. I was so surprised that I honestly preferred the sound of the Q1 more than the D14.. theoretically it shouldn't be that way.. but somehow it is.. The Xduoo is already a very good DAP, with a very neutral sound, so using it as a source to what is also a very neutral sound signature just further compliments everything.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #3,672 of 5,194
If i Rockboxed Xduoo X3 i lose the warranty? The Rockboxed procedure is dangerous for the DAP? (for example how the old jailbreaks for iPhones many years ago)

It appears to me the Xduoo X3 is sold and shipped from China, even if you buy it thru Amazon (or eBay).
So if it breaks, during the warranty period, you would need to ship it all the way back to China (you would pay for shipping)
So can't see much use for the warranty in the first place.
So Rockbox away :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #3,673 of 5,194
  The X3 was actually measured at 154mw@32, which is plenty of power to drive most everything. Seems the company that refuses to support its player by fixing its broken firmware LIES about its power output.

My xeulin 770 was 124mw@32 (I think), and the X3 seems a bit more powerful, so I think you're probably right. Btw, where did you get those specs from? Thanks.

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #3,674 of 5,194
my Fiio  X1, if i understand correctly puts out 100MW even when set to line out, so for the X3, does it put out a 250MW line out or what?
in my opinion , xduoo x3 is not a competitor for fiio X1, but fiio x3. I had a gen1 x3 and I "upgraded" to this. Forget the UI, sound wise it's superior in every way, except for the max power fiio x3 gen 1 delivered. Fiio X1 is inferior, except for UI and aesthetics. Cs dac , is more detailed, and neutral sounding in comparison to the pcm in fiio. My brother has the x1, and I know it very well.

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #3,675 of 5,194

It appears to me the Xduoo X3 is sold and shipped from China, even if you buy it thru Amazon (or eBay).
So if it breaks, during the warranty period, you would need to ship it all the way back to China (you would pay for shipping)
So can't see much use for the warranty in the first place.
So Rockbox away :)

If you do buy from Amazon, you can ship it back to them within 30 days.  If outside of that, you are pretty much screwed.  I typically don't buy anything over $100 off of Aliexpress because of potential warranty issues.  Made one exception to that with a banned IEM.  

From what I gather, Rockboxing the X3 is very low risk.  I did it with mine with no problems.  I have been scared a couple of times since though believing my X3 was bricked.  Turned out to be a dead battery one time and the other time a paperclip reset brought it back to life. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back