XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Oct 4, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #16 of 5,194
  Yep looking forward to it i have ordered one as well but it has not shipped yet....i want to know how powerful the LO will be plus is it as good sounding as the Fiio x3

I cannot compare to the original X3, though I've owned X3II for quite a while.

I think its rather skilled technically, areas like refinement, bass texture, its a rather coherent sounding unit. While this sounds really exceptional I can't shake a slight veil or subdued sound around X3II's mid-range. Like someone blunted the edge of a sharp knife or turned the vibrancy down. Certain perception of warmth in the presentation which dulls the performance. And because of this any player which sounds more vibrant, brighter, cleaner or clearer instantly wins my preference.

I guess this 'might be' why that member I mentioned above preferred XDuoo X2 over the more expensive X5II.

Plus, there's just something about crazy little Chinese players I always admire, they usually know how to perform venturing away from that 'mainstream' sound.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #17 of 5,194

I think it will come down to preference. I actually know a member who preferred XDuoo X2 over X5II, comes down to personal opinion. I know XDuoo X2 for me sounded quite clean and was skilled at separation and soundstage. I don't see why XDuoo X3 can't give more of the same, while X5II is a little warm.

The amount of features this little X3 unit has is quite a lot for the money.

I was actually reading one of the eBay listings, there's loads of information listed about it.

For anyone interested you can read the eBay listing where those photos came from: (click here)

Anyway, we'll know more very soon.

Thanks.

My only problem with all these Chinese players without touch screen is for those with 1000 single tracks, its bothersome to search though a long list with a button.
So thats why I wanted to replace my Fiio X3 with X3ii.
Battery life is another issue with all these players. Only Sony and Cowon seem to do well there but then they use less powerful amps.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #18 of 5,194

Thanks.

My only problem with all these Chinese players without touch screen is for those with 1000 single tracks, its bothersome to search though a long list with a button.
So thats why I wanted to replace my Fiio X3 with X3ii.
Battery life is another issue with all these players. Only Sony and Cowon seem to do well there but then they use less powerful amps.

Absolutely agree on the touch screen advantages. This is why I reach for my Pono player over Colorfly C4 Pro, because operating a non-touch screen unit after becoming accustom to players like iBasso DX50, DX90, feels rather prehistoric.

Sometimes we need to reorganise ourselves. Rather than think 'how will I sort my 1000 tracks" come in from the angle of "ok, I have no touch screen, maybe I will only load 500 tracks at a time"
wink.gif

Anyone who has owned  the screenless Shozy Alien picked up on this quickly.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #19 of 5,194
I dont like the idea of keep deleting and transfering tracks all the time.
I see that as a huge inconvience. 
So my options are, live with long scroll times and get either xDuoo X3 or Hidizaz HP100.
Or swap over to Sony A16.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #20 of 5,194
My XDuoo X3 is actually in transit to me as I'm typing, so we'll have some more impressions and pics soon. :wink:

I can compare to FiiO X3II and the Xeulin 770c, plus answer any questions. 

Whenever this happens (new daps or iems arriving on your desk), your inventory of prefered combos (currently on the daps list, the pono, dx90, alien, c4 and aegis) all start worrying over which one will ever get kick out next. :D

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #21 of 5,194
  I dont like the idea of keep deleting and transfering tracks all the time.
I see that as a huge inconvience. 
So my options are, live with long scroll times and get either xDuoo X3 or Hidizaz HP100.
Or swap over to Sony A16.

No, I would not suggest transferring all the time, hell no.

What I meant was splitting 1000 tracks onto separate cards, sometimes we need to use work arounds for the sound benefits. For example, I know with C4 Pro clicking away at the buttons constantly places wear n tear on the player, also like you said constant scrolling just to find one album. What I do is only use a 16GB card on that player, same with Shozy Alien. This all sounds convenient for someone who uses several DAP, (it works well) though completely understand your issue if purchasing a stand-alone long term player. 
smile.gif

Hopefully the scrolling speed is snappy like their previous X2 model.

Whenever this happens (new daps or iems arriving on your desk), your inventory of preferred combos (currently on the daps list, the pono, dx90, alien, c4 and aegis) all start worrying over which one will ever get kick out next.
biggrin.gif

Because synergy is a 'crazy thing' anything is possible. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #22 of 5,194

What I meant was splitting 1000 tracks onto separate cards, sometimes we need to use work arounds for the sound benefits. For example, I know with C4 Pro clicking away at the buttons constantly places wear n tear on the player, also like you said constant scrolling just to find one album. What I do is only use a 16GB card on that player, same with Shozy Alien. This all sounds convenient for someone who uses several DAP, (it works well) though completely understand your issue if purchasing a stand-alone long term player. 
smile.gif

Because synergy is a 'crazy thing' anything is possible. 
biggrin.gif

That sounds better yes. 
But then it will limit space to only half on each! doh! lol

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 5,194

What I meant was splitting 1000 tracks onto separate cards, sometimes we need to use work arounds for the sound benefits. For example, I know with C4 Pro clicking away at the buttons constantly places wear n tear on the player, also like you said constant scrolling just to find one album. What I do is only use a 16GB card on that player, same with Shozy Alien. This all sounds convenient for someone who uses several DAP, (it works well) though completely understand your issue if purchasing a stand-alone long term player. :smile:

Because synergy is a 'crazy thing' anything is possible. :D  

IMO and due to my experience it's auto scrolling speed is slightly slower than x2 :wink:

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #26 of 5,194
Can you please tell us anything else about the sound? Maybe a little comparison to X2?

That would be great!

It's sound is lazy (not agressive) and docile as a sheep can be :) I couldn't hear a perfect black background. SQ is mainly neutral with a slight muddiness. And soundstage is not that spacious or wide even with an open can (tried Takstar hi2050 and hifiman he400s) but larger than Clip.
Comparison will come late this night.

Ps: without doing A-B right now I can easily say that sound of X2 was sharper with jagged edges at its sq and energetic.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #27 of 5,194
It's sound is lazy (not agressive) and docile as a sheep can be :) I couldn't hear a perfect black background. SQ is mainly neutral with a slight muddiness. And soundstage is not that spacious or wide even with an open can (tried Takstar hi2050 and hifiman he400s) but larger than Clip.
Comparison will come late this night.

Ps: without doing A-B right now I can easily say that sound of X2 was sharper with jagged edges at its sq and energetic.

That sounds terrible! Sounds like you're describing the headphone out of a $5 eBay player! Better not be that bad.

Please do an A/B when you have time. :)

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #28 of 5,194
That sounds terrible! Sounds like you're describing the headphone out of a $5 eBay player! Better not be that bad.

Please do an A/B when you have time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Uh sorry looks like I had exaggerated :) But to cut it short; dull (compared to x2) sound experience you'll be living. But anyway if it had coax and toslink out I'd probably keep / buy this loaner unit and sell my qa360 as their outputs at low impedances look nearly same.

Will do the A-B and amp test. Qa360 with a very low output impeance used to perform very good with amps. Let's see how this does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back