XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 10, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,565 of 5,194
  invisio - I took your design and this is what it will cost if I have to go to a vendor to print.

https://goo.gl/EtlRMR

I really like the one with the open back also.  

Hi.

I will not send any as the "home printed" object is not durable enough to make it marketable. (and it's not my job)
BUT: The STL 3D file will be for free.
You will be able to send it to a professional maker as makexyz. (I like better 3DHubs.com)

For printing with makexyz, I will recommand this setup:
material: plastic or ABS because thez dont have rubber like me.
100% infill
Color: white or black (my experience shows that colored materials are often less quality).

Because ABS or plastic are not flex like rubber, you may have to grind a bit with sandpaper ont of the two foots: the little one.

I actually print the fourth prototype, with some improvement.
when the device is placed on a table with this cover, the back is raised to allow cooling.

I'm a little disappointed because I can not create a loop to wear on armband or belt: the material is not strong enough, and it will eventually break during runing.

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #1,566 of 5,194
Don't think burn in affect sound production in any way... More on the iems or headphones as the case maybe.. Totally has nothing to do with quality of sound production.. That would be up tinthequality and parts of the component itself .. The chips the layout etc.:

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,567 of 5,194
I noticed mine had a smoother treble, and some kind of 'open' feel after the first 10 to 15 hours. I listened to some song right of the box, and kept it playing in repeat mode for almost almost 15 hours(inside my wardrobe) I wasnt expecting any change, but to say there was a change in the sound. I dont know if 100+ hours made a difference after that(mine will be around some 200 by now). Did anyone get a battery more than 7 hours? Mine just gets dead at 7hours and some minutes.(I kept it playing from full battery, playing songs in random mode).

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,568 of 5,194
  Guys, does your unit gets pretty hot sometimes? It seems like it does only in certain position/pocket and when I put it on the table while it's still playing, it cools down again...

Btw X3 + Moxpad X6 + song Puscifer - Indigo Children = what a pleasure :)

Hot...? No.  Warmer than ambient temperature...? Yes, definitely.  Perhaps new versions should have cooling fins milled into the aluminium casing for those "intensive" listening sessions...?
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,571 of 5,194
  here is the first printable suitable hardcase for Xduoo:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1331641

Excellent Work!

May i suggest to do a version without holes for Lock Button and MicroSDSlot?

It's not necessary to access so often to MicroSD and with the case on buttons are enough recessed and you can keep the player unlocked.

If i can suggest something different, have you thought to a closed version with an open top?  In this way you can have a closed case and the XDuoo X3 can slide inside the case from the top...

P.S.: i wish to specify that i really like your work with the case and i'm suggesting this just because you asked for advices!

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,572 of 5,194
Any recommendations for

-good neutral sounding (non V-shaped sound signature)
-closed / open over the ear headphones
-preferably good soundstage 
-and reasonably priced <$50 if not <$100

to pair with xduoo x3 or just listen on its own.

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,573 of 5,194
Any recommendations for

-good neutral sounding (non V-shaped sound signature)
-closed / open over the ear headphones
-preferably good soundstage 
-and reasonably priced <$50 if not <$100

to pair with xduoo x3 or just listen on its own.
without hesitation go for the Takstar pro 80 (closed) or HI 2050 (open) .
They are End Of Line so maybe some rebate. Although they are cheap as hell for the SQ they deliver. Read the reviews...

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,574 of 5,194
without hesitation go for the Takstar pro 80 (closed) or HI 2050 (open) .
They are End Of Line so maybe some rebate. Although they are cheap as hell for the SQ they deliver. Read the reviews...

+1, great suggestions!

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,575 of 5,194
Every DAP needs burn in. 250 hours would be fine.

I got another FiiO X1 for my sis 8 months after i received mine. I put in my microsd into the new unit and had a listen. I've already have 1.3k hours+ on the old unit and there was ABSOLUTELY NO SONIC DIFFERENCE.

Myth status: Busted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back