xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #946 of 2,087
Anyone tried a 128 gig microsdxc card in one of these?

Quote:
that's what i use, but beware of file # limits. I haven't hit one myself, but my collection is mostly flac.

Hi - I also have a 128gb Card, but when playing a flac file and browsing at the same time through the content
of the Card the audiostream collapses.
Do you have the same Problem or do you pause playback before ?
I got a Lexar 128gb class 10 95mb/s  with 3100 files and 26gb in use.

This doesn`t happen if the Card is more "empty".

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #947 of 2,087
Jumped on the X2 bandwagon today ordered from Penon after at first thinking about the 700c group buy on another site, but this one seems almost as good for less $ & robust amp section is a +. Have only owned Sansas up till now, decided it was time to try something new.

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #948 of 2,087
  Jumped on the X2 bandwagon today ordered from Penon after at first thinking about the 700c group buy on another site, but this one seems almost as good for less $ & robust amp section is a +. Have only owned Sansas up till now, decided it was time to try something new.

It's a great little player providing you're resistant to a few quirks. Good taste of what the Chinese market can offer at around $50 and great for acclimating you to other future Chinese players. I still have X2 in my watch list on eBay and ponder on buying another one.

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #950 of 2,087
Has anyone successfully used a 128GB card with his player?
I'd also emailed xduoo last night regarding adding shuffle, and...

"Hi, thank you for choosing our products.
Yes, we will add shuffle play between all folders next firmware"

So there's hope.

Jul 17, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #952 of 2,087
  Has anyone successfully used a 128GB card with his player?

Yes, but i got the Problem that  when  playing a flac file and browsing at the same time throu the content
of the Card the audiostream collapses.
This doesn`t happen when playing a mp3 file or the 128gb card is not so filled, at the time i got 26gb in use.
I could press pause to prevent this, but this  would just be another work around :frowning2:

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #958 of 2,087
  Alright , thanks for the info . :D 

Welcome to Head-fi @fatct

@ndburleyhad compared the X1 and the X2 earlier on in the thread. His impressions are below

I received my X2 yesterday and above is the X2 next to the X1. First thing is that even if it does look so in the photo the X2 is a lot smaller than the X1 but feels solid enough. I have loaded a 32 gig card into the X2 and loaded it with songs for testing. As others have already said the X2 has a warmer sound to it but you can tweak with the EQ if you wish to change which the X1 does not have. I am listening to Flac files on the X1 and 2 and have so far tested with my Soundmagic P21 headphones, Soundmagic E10 IEM and KZ DT3. The X1 as H20 mentioned pops when you turn it on so not having the headphones on while turning it on is a habit I have adopted quickly. The X2 does not suffer from this at all is has a quick fade in and out for power ups and power off. No detectable hiss from any of the headphones tested yet and the SQ differs slightly between both the X1 and X2 and I find the X1 to be brighter (not silly amounts) and the X2 is warmer but both to me sound great. Folder navigation on the X2 is some fun for the first time use of the device, to go up you press sideways etc but no big deal really. Basic interface but much needed if you a big library and this is where the X2 jumps over the X1 waving its hands in the air to get peoples attention. The X1 only allows 1 track skip at a time with a 3 second delay so I only really have 3 albums or a play list on at a time but this didn't bother me too much as the experience was well worth it.  The X2 shows up to the show guns blazing also with its sound quality I feel and at £32 I am surprised at the quality of the product in build and sound, it is just amazing! Personally I prefer the X1 in my hand due to the size and weight but the pro's to the X2 are the ability to jump around your music library with easy and better storage. It will fit in most pockets but would avoid tight ones as the buttons do not lock as far as i can see. Overall I am really pleased with this addition to my collection, a solid build and sound with a cold feel due to the metal surround. 
Been listening to the xDuoo X1 and X2 in a mix and match session, both sound great and the X2 has a warmer sound but I have to give SQ to the X1. It is more punchy and clear in the top end but this is personal preference as I like the sharper sounds. Both are totally great and will be used greatly, Also I love the bulk of the X1 it feels like a sound weapon in the had and you know it purely from touch in the pocket without trying.

Been walking to work using both the X1 and the X2 for the past 2 days, the X1 I feel has the slight edge on SQ and also feel but you are limited to a play list or (my limit) 3 albums but fits perfect under a sleeve when walking. This allows you instant volume control with your index finger and a thumb to track jump. 

The X2 is lovely and tiny but packs a punch, the advantage is the screen and a 32 gig plus of tracks in your hand because of the SD card slot. I dont know about you but I found myself halfway to work before I had picked my music I wanted to listen to! Also I found it lost in my pocket and pressed up against my wallet and paused it so now I have an empty pocket for it. It does not take long before you know the navigation for track skipping by touch though and although the volume is not as responsive as rolling the volume knob on the X1 it good.  Because of its size I fumble a little but no big deal but I prefer to sit back in a chair after work with the X2 so the X1 is my walk to work device. 

Ok that is enough from me I will finish posting pictures of these devices and wait for some other members to have input :)

Jul 19, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #959 of 2,087
 good to know that the pop sound it make when i on the player and the fart sound when i off the player ,  is normal . 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back