xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 5, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #46 of 2,087
I own the x1 Xduoo and yes it has a wonderful sound. It has 8 gig's which I think is plenty for this blind player as you can only jump one track at a time and no folder skip. This is why the x2 has jumped onto my order list. I can't wait to see if it performs as well as the x1 in sound qualit and the screen will be a big bonus.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #47 of 2,087
I own the x1 Xduoo and yes it has a wonderful sound. It has 8 gig's which I think is plenty for this blind player as you can only jump one track at a time and no folder skip. This is why the x2 has jumped onto my order list. I can't wait to see if it performs as well as the x1 in sound qualit and the screen will be a big bonus.

It will be nice to get your views on the two units, and you maybe the first one to receive it! =)

The main things a DAP completely has to have for me (what I look for) is:

Micro SD expansion
FLAC Support

So X2 ticks the right boxes, I also get a little fussy if run times drop below < 8 hours on spec sheets as I've owned a couple of those units like Colorfly CK4, HM-601, which only get 6-8 hours and its just a complete headache in the end.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #48 of 2,087
Well, I saw a comment somewhere that the x2 wasn't quite as good as the xduoo x1 but given it's half the price that is to be expected. And with that power on tap I doubt the x2 will have issues with roll of at the low end unless the output impedance is on the high but i doubt it as they seem to have enough experience. 
And personally, xduoo x1 and the shozy alien might be great sounding DAPs but I might settle with limited functionality and bad UI for sq but I can't go screenless - might be just a one-line monochrome display but there has to be a display. Too nad that everything high-end is either enormous or with a touchscreen. i get the bigger size but these are bricks. Honestly, when i tried all the fiios I liked the X3 the most and I dig the old mobile phone form factor and that's why now i'm interested in the ihifi800 - although I much more like that raw unfinished metal look of the prototype rather then the finished anodized black one

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #49 of 2,087
One things for certain, there's no longer a shortage of DAPS to choose from coming into 2015 and I already take my hat off to XDuoo for making something affordable to everyone rather than all these 1k+ releases, this is what we need, more low-mid stream entries.

Keep your eyes on Penon site guys, let us know when this little fella pops up on thier site. (should be the next 1-2 days.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #50 of 2,087
The player is now for sale on Penon Audio.

http://penonaudio.com/xDuoo-X2

I have ordered already. 
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #52 of 2,087

Is the seller "bigbargainonline" on US eBay Penon Audio?  I just received an order from them in 5 days shipped from Hong Kong to the US! 

Yes, that's them, same people. Penon Audio = bigbargainonline. =)

About 10 days to Australia, so I use them often.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #54 of 2,087
Penon replied about the output impedance but there seems to be a mix-up and I've received the suitable headphone impedance loads.

8-300ohm
And apparently, they said like another member there's 'no DAC' in x2. 
gs1000.gif

No DAC. Looks like I best enquire a little further.

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #55 of 2,087
  Penon replied about the output impedance but there seems to be a mix-up and I've received the suitable headphone impedance loads.

8-300ohm
And apparently, they said like another member there's 'no DAC' in x2. 
gs1000.gif

No DAC. Looks like I best enquire a little further.

lol, no DAC - now that's some cutting edge stuff. The first DAC-less DAP

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #56 of 2,087
  lol, no DAC - now that's some cutting edge stuff. The first DAC-less DAP

IMHO, (for a sandisk sansa look like DAP) it is useful to exhibit a little more about technical specifications, chips and photos... a lot of potential owners and people here know well the sonic performance of the sansa (it's a little cheap DAP but the SQ is not fantastic at all).

Some people can associate the medioce sonic performance of the sandisk sansa with the xduoo x2.

deadhorse.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #57 of 2,087

IMHO, (for a sandisk sansa look like DAP) it is useful to exhibit a little more about technical specifications, chips and photos... a lot of potential owners and people here know well the sonic performance of the sansa (it's a little cheap DAP but the SQ is not fantastic at all).

Some people can associate the medioce sonic performance of the sandisk sansa with the xduoo x2.

deadhorse.gif

Well, it's always good to know the internals but at this price I don't know what you expect? In my book if it's on par with the clip it will be a winner given the metal body and the more power on tap. If it's better in sq than that would be a bonus but I don't know about that fantastic sq that you expect from a $50 DAP.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #58 of 2,087
Still no word on the DAC or output impedance, it seems there's a little language barrier going on.

I'm leaving it at that and if someone else wants to try, they're welcome too.

Penon have told me however, whilst the unit is pretty good sound wise that its not without its own quirks.

These are some of the things we need to expect.

Some noise (they're relating to hiss)
Doesn't support APE.
Something about the UI being a bit quirky (manipulation is not so flexible) < their words.

Sometimes the screen will flash.

I think what Penon are trying to say is: That X2 is not perfect and to expect a few little nooks and crannies floating, but I'm sure anyone who's been on Head-fi before and owned these niche DAPs know they're never absolutely perfect. Usually for most parts they do what's intended, quite usable and perform well sound wise.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #59 of 2,087
  Still no word on the DAC or output impedance, it seems there's a little language barrier going on.

I'm leaving it at that and if someone else wants to try, they're welcome too.

Penon have told me however, whilst the unit is pretty good sound wise that its not without its own quirks.

These are some of the things we need to expect.

Some noise (they're relating to hiss)
Doesn't support APE.
Something about the UI being a bit quirky (manipulation is not so flexible) < their words.

Sometimes the screen will flash.

I think what Penon are trying to say is: That X2 is not perfect and to expect a few little nooks and crannies floating, but I'm sure anyone who's been on Head-fi before and owned these niche DAPs know they're never absolutely perfect. Usually for most parts they do what's intended, quite usable and perform well sound wise.

Well, even the high-end DAPs aren't perfect, so I don't expect it from a cheap one. For instance, now is very cold where I live and yesterday found out that my new c3 goes completely haywire in such low temperatures with screen flashing and player becoming unresponsive and can't  be turned off. The music continued playing fine though, I just had no control over it and had to listen to First Aid Kit at pretty high volume my entire commute home. So not many quirks can scare me.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #60 of 2,087
  Well, even the high-end DAPs aren't perfect, so I don't expect it from a cheap one. For instance, now is very cold where I live and yesterday found out that my new c3 goes completely haywire in such low temperatures with screen flashing and player becoming unresponsive and can't  be turned off. The music continued playing fine though, I just had no control over it and had to listen to First Aid Kit at pretty high volume my entire commute home. So not many quirks can scare me.

I wouldn't too worried, like yourself we've been there with C3 and the Colorfly is quite a usable unit all round. My C3 does do that haywire response thing when I use a certain charger, it begins flashing and unresponsive, especially when I hover my hand over it, like there's static build up, quite amazing to watch, like magic :wink:

I think Penon are aware (well I know they are) I'm typing back here in the box and they're just being upfront about things not trying to scare people away, obviously.

Providing it plays FLAC, lets me change albums/ tracks, adjust volume and has no major clicking noises or artifacts in the background I'm satisfied.

You're dealing with a Shozy Alien owner, once you go screenless you can do anything. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back