xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 22, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #196 of 2,087
There will be more info on the battery life by the end of the week but its hefty. I left it playing flac files last night, so right now I can say - after 12 hours of lossless playback at maximum volume the x2's battery is at 50%. So provided that the battery indicator is accurate it should pass 20 hours and in reality most people won't be using it at max volume, so maybe even 30 hours is possible at more moderate volume and using mp3? We shall see about that soon enough.

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #197 of 2,087
There will be more info on the battery life by the end of the week but its hefty. I left it playing flac files last night, so right now I can say - after 12 hours of lossless playback at maximum volume the x2's battery is at 50%. So provided that the battery indicator is accurate it should pass 20 hours and in reality most people won't be using it at max volume, so maybe even 30 hours is possible at more moderate volume and using mp3? We shall see about that soon enough.

what HP did you connect to?....

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #199 of 2,087
The battery just died, so from my test: 1) about 14 hours of constant playback at max volume with lossless files; 2) the battery indicator is not accurate - when it get at two bars there are about 2 hours of playback left.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #200 of 2,087
I'm burning in the vsonic vsd5 now, so decided to kill two birds with one stone. So I'm burning in the vsd5, burning in the x2 itself and at the same time testing its battery life.

Well aint that proverb proves to be true,to 50%, as the full throttle of X2 might kill your vsd5?......:wink: or cld reduce the burnin time to 50%? No rattling rite,yet?.....lol :D

I skipped buying an used SGS1 to use with voodoo magic.....X2 is a sexy breed so far and bought a popcorn machine while I wait for your inputs on both.....:popcorn:

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #201 of 2,087
The battery just died, so from my test: 1) about 14 hours of constant playback at max volume with lossless files; 2) the battery indicator is not accurate - when it get at two bars there are about 2 hours of playback left.

Also pls observe how the battery/indicator progresses while charging, like 75-80% @ first hour or 2 then double time to complete the remaining charge......I know this kind of intelligent charging might not be expected in a budget device and way too much, but just a wish,being a latest budget portable.....:D

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #202 of 2,087
Nah x2 is not powerful enough to break the vsd5. First, I started raising the volume and gradually and there wasn't distortion and my ears weren't bleeding, so I decided it was safe enough to leave it like that for 15 hours or so.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #203 of 2,087
Can someone test this budget DAP with their HE-6 and tell me if it plays them loud enough? I am looking to take my HE-6 on the road with me and it would be great if something this size could power them. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #204 of 2,087
Seems very interesting DAP, and i was wondering if i should get a Fiio X1 or this X2 for the Dunu DN1000, which im still waiting for it to arrive.

Which has a:
Better UI
Sound Quality
Build Quality
money for value/size?

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #205 of 2,087
Seems very interesting DAP, and i was wondering if i should get a Fiio X1 or this X2 for the Dunu DN1000, which im still waiting for it to arrive.

Which has a:
Better UI
Sound Quality
Build Quality
money for value/size?

Well, I wld say, not to expect too much on UI dept from X2 as this might be very simple and dont use themes as such, so less system resources,better battery backup......other 2 points are purely point 4 dependant and X2 size is an ultra portable......

Impressions to pour soon.....

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #207 of 2,087
  Can this little marvel drive Havi B3 effectively ?

Good question.

If it does and if it does it without the need of an addition of an amp, people can directly get the X2 DAP instead of adding NX1 to the their current setup.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #209 of 2,087
Member DJScope has purchased X2 just for his Havi mainly, he will provide answers soon. My gut says it will, pretty easily, they should also benefit from X2's somewhat punchy bass. If the soundstage of X2 and Havi work together it could be very special. But I'm just playing it by ear.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #210 of 2,087
Member DJScope has purchased X2 just for his Havi mainly, he will provide answers soon. My gut says it will, pretty easily, they should also benefit from X2's somewhat punchy bass. If the soundstage of X2 and Havi work together it could be very special. But I'm just playing it by ear.

Awesome, can't wait to hear. I very new to this community, but I'm excited about quickly expanding my hifi repertoire. This little guy would be a nice addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back