Xduoo x2 or Ruizu x02 or Fiio x1?
Mar 19, 2015 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

nicholosity

New Head-Fier
I am some what new to the audiophile game and made a portable set up last year based on reviews on this site and other various headphone sites. It consisted of a Sansa clip+ rockboxed + Pa2v2 amp + sony mdr-7506, it was a great set up and it played heavy metal so thick and clean it would make your ears melt. But then my sansa clip + bricked and basically fell apart so I am looking for a replacement mp3 player. My choices were the Ruizu x02 because its cheap and seems to have a good UI and a decent battery; while on the other hand I was thinking of getting the Xduoo x2 because it seemed that there was a lot of hype about it on this site over its sound quality and battery life. My only gripe with it was that users were saying its UI is strictly folder based and that turned me off due to the fact I like my devices to at least handle some of the sorting and I am not sure if Xduoo fill update its firmware to be similar to the sansa clip UI.

Then my last choice is the Fioo x1 which seems to be a crowd favourite for entry level mp3 player into the audiophile world. I read all the threads on Xduoo x2 and Ruizu but I just need some help deciding which one would fit me. The player that I choose will be the one that I will be bringing with me everywhere and the only one I'll be using. So lifespan of the player is also something that is important to me.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 27
While all three (which I have heard / owned) are decent players in their own right the cheaper two are essentially toys compared to FiiO X1.  The sound would go in this sequence:

Ruizu (slightly colored, not too detailed, smooth and enjoyable)
XDuoo X2 (very clean sound, good soundstage separation / sufficient detail)
FiiO X1 (Thick, warmish, good resolution and competent detail , not the best soundstage).

Honestly, if you're to buy only one then FiiO X1 is pick of the litter. X1 has the most features, settings, little things like 24bit support, line out, best audio format support, reliable build quality and if you want my honest opinion will give you the best experience and life span.

The other two are definitely worth owning for someone who likes tinkering with players, they all sound decent for their price but you're after a one device solution for a long time, spending the extra on X1 is your best option.

Of course, if you wanted to do it the cheapest way possible the little Ruizu is pretty decent, the UI is rather snappy and the battery life's ideal. Its light as a feather and would tuck into your pocket easily.

They're all good and very much indicate their price tags.

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 27
 Would you say the Fiio x1 is best entrance into audiophile player or is there another one that I should consider? In your opinion which player is better than the sansa clip +, the Ruizu or the xduoo x2?

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 27
   Would you say the Fiio x1 is best entrance into audiophile player or is there another one that I should consider? In your opinion which player is better than the sansa clip +, the Ruizu or the xduoo x2?

1)re entry audiophile player: I still say FiiO X1. 

2)re better than Sansa Clip: If you put all 3 in front of me I would take the XDuoo

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 27

1)re entry audiophile player: I still say FiiO X1. 

2)re better than Sansa Clip: If you put all 3 in front of me I would take the

i am planning to buy the xduoo x2..can u gimme a greater info about the sound presentation,neautrality,actual power production,soundstage etc..should it be rockboxed or not..if yes then whats the difference in sound production after rockboxing it...thnx

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #7 of 27
the XDuoo cannot be rockboxed. i would say soundwise it doesnt need it anyway. it sounds lovely. much brighter and wider than my clips and fuze but still with a nice deep bass. i'm using JVC hafx102 with mine, nothing fancy but its a great pairing.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 27
  the XDuoo cannot be rockboxed. i would say soundwise it doesnt need it anyway. it sounds lovely. much brighter and wider than my clips and fuze but still with a nice deep bass. i'm using JVC hafx102 with mine, nothing fancy but its a great pairing.

It's not always about the sound, but the ui as well.

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #11 of 27
  the XDuoo cannot be rockboxed. i would say soundwise it doesnt need it anyway. it sounds lovely. much brighter and wider than my clips and fuze but still with a nice deep bass. i'm using JVC hafx102 with mine, nothing fancy but its a great pairing

is it true dat xduoo x2 doesnt have a manual user eq .its the custom sound that we have to get used to..i mean dat is a minus....we all like a little bit tweaking the eq for our own liking...isnt it?
what about the sound imaging ?plse also let me know whether i should buy it considering that i am using cowon j3 and cowon x9....both these are warm...i actually need a neutral dap....clip+ is neutral which i am using.it is rockboxed.can xduoo x2 be an upgrade regarding neutral sq which is my preference.

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #12 of 27
hi,

I don't think it has a warm signature. the preset EQ are pretty good for my tastes, I don't really mess around with the EQ in rockbox anyway, perhaps I need to spend more time testing that but I always felt it gave my music a really artificial feel , I only muck about with the treble and bass.

sorry cant help with the Cowon comparisons as I have never owned them. Only various Sansas and Ipod s prior to this, the Xduoo is the best of that grouping IMO

Aug 4, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #13 of 27
  hi,

I don't think it has a warm signature. the preset EQ are pretty good for my tastes, I don't really mess around with the EQ in rockbox anyway, perhaps I need to spend more time testing that but I always felt it gave my music a really artificial feel , I only muck about with the treble and bass.

sorry cant help with the Cowon comparisons as I have never owned them. Only various Sansas and Ipod s prior to this, the Xduoo is the best of that grouping IMO

thnx for the help...would buy a xduoo x2....cheers mate and thanx....!!

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #15 of 27
The xuelin ihifi 770 you might wanna look into. Decent mids and bass with 2 HOs - one of which gives a detailed intimate vocal presentation.

The ui isn't the best but it's functional. Does not always play well with all flac. Ymmv but worth looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back