Xduoo mt 604, tube amp contact problem
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

El nai del vent

New Head-Fier
My xduoo mt-604 has some contact problem, it is slight. Would a non-audiophile overlook it? Sure. It's in the left channel that depending on how you move the 4.4 and xlr output, you lose some frequencies. It also happens if you move the valves slightly.

This drove me crazy to the point that I changed all the xlr and 4.4 connectors. I found out that it works perfectly and does not give that problem when it works without the metal case. Maybe the board makes some kind of contact. My question is: how dangerous is it to use this amplifier without the case? Does anyone guess what it could be?

Blessings for your audio system.

Attachments

• IMG-20240215-WA0088.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0088.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240215-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20240215-WA0012.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 2
My xduoo mt-604 has some contact problem, it is slight. Would a non-audiophile overlook it? Sure. It's in the left channel that depending on how you move the 4.4 and xlr output, you lose some prequencies. It also happens if you move the valves slightly.

This drove me crazy to the point that I changed all the xlr and 4.4 connectors. I found out that it works perfectly and does not give that problem when it works without the metal case. Maybe the board makes some kind of contact. My question is: how dangerous is it to use this amplifier without the case? Does anyone guess what it could be?

Blessings for your audio system.
You should be OK using it without the case as long as you don't drop/spill anything on it and you clean the dust off regularly - oh, and as long as it doesn't make contact with anything conductive. I'd check the solder and if the case is putting pressure on the left channel somehow. Tough to tell without seeing it in person - could always contact XDUO and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back