xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Apr 17, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,966 of 3,839
Apr 18, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #1,967 of 3,839
Don't forget to update your firmware folks! :wink:

V1.43>>V1.45
1). Optimize the occasional 4.4mm output port left and right output bias sound
2). Optimize the occasional shutdown incomplete problem.

So far so good with the v.145 😊
Just that I would like the ‘min’ filter to be there right after the update. The tricks have to be done once and for good so not a real complaint indeed. 😂
Love the Gryphon!!

Apr 18, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #1,968 of 3,839
Just that I would like the ‘min’ filter to be there right after the update. The tricks have to be done once and for good so not a real complaint indeed. 😂
Love the Gryphon!!

This may be a stupid question, but do I need to download all the firmware updates on the iFi Hub, or just the most recent v1.45? I downloaded the Bluetooth update, but none of the 3 XMOS ones on the site.

Apr 18, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,972 of 3,839
I too miss the dB volume indicator. If they could add that as an option, and include additional max-volume steps near the high end e.g. 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 instead of just 80 and 95 (or just 5% intervals from 50-95?), I'd be out of feature requests :)

Even without those additional limiter steps, the recent firmware updates have turned the gryphon into almost a perfect portable dac/amp!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #1,973 of 3,839
Is there any fix for the loud pop when switching on xbass?

Apr 19, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #1,974 of 3,839
No, it's part of the analogue circuit. Turn down the volume or take out the IEMs when switching, though it's really not that loud (unless you're blasting the volume).

Apr 19, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #1,976 of 3,839
I think it got softer after I updated to 1.45, but I did find the popping behavior to be a bit inconsistent.
Yes, with firmware 1.45 it's just a soft click.

Apr 19, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,977 of 3,839

That's great news. I just updated my firmware last night. I'll have to test that out today when I get a moment.

Apr 19, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #1,978 of 3,839
As soon as I wrote this, I realized that they haven’t added the Gryphon to their headphone calculator. @Sebastien Chiu, would you mind bumping this request up the chain please?

Yes, I did!

Love the Gryphon!!

Happy to send this along as a feature request.

Just got the Gryphon and updated it to 1.45. However, I preferred the volume in dB compared to an arbitrary value shown in the latest firmware. Is there a way to switch the volume display?

Downgrade to the earlier version is the only way for now.

Can I get a headcount for folks who would like this option? It would give me a good gauge for the demand. Thanks!

No, it's part of the analogue circuit. Turn down the volume or take out the IEMs when switching, though it's really not that loud (unless you're blasting the volume).

I think it got softer after I updated to 1.45, but I did find the popping behavior to be a bit inconsistent.

Correct, we have tried to minimize it as much as possible, but due to the xDSD Gryphon's analog circuitry, there isn't much we can do in regards to totally removing or limiting it.

Thanks for your continued feedback and support!

Apr 19, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #1,979 of 3,839
Just got the Gryphon and updated it to 1.45. However, I preferred the volume in dB compared to an arbitrary value shown in the latest firmware. Is there a way to switch the volume display?
+1 for volume in dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back