xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Apr 24, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #1,996 of 3,834
My ifi gryphon does a popping, Click sound on tidal using master files, at the end of every song . more or less 12 to 10 seconds of the ending of a song. Like try to read the next file coming... i have read on the web similar problems...

This is done connect to my Iphone 13 pro max via usbc to lightning cable , playing on tidal on quality Master files .

if i play from a Bluetooth connection to my iphone (AAC codec) it does not do it anymore... i preferer the connect with wire ubsc to lightning because the quality is better... but to ear this at the end of every track is annoying as hell!

Do you have a solution for this

I have the last firmware update v1.45!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #1,997 of 3,834
My ifi gryphon does a popping, Click sound on tidal using master files, at the end of every song . more or less 12 to 10 seconds of the ending of a song. Like try to read the next file coming... i have read on the web similar problems...

This is done connect to my Iphone 13 pro max via usbc to lightning cable , playing on tidal on quality Master files .

if i play from a Bluetooth connection to my iphone (AAC codec) it does not do it anymore... i preferer the connect with wire ubsc to lightning because the quality is better... but to ear this at the end of every track is annoying as hell!

Do you have a solution for this

I have the last firmware update v1.45!
With Android phone I hear no clicks when connected via usbc neither via Bluetooth.

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #1,998 of 3,834
With Android phone I hear no clicks when connected via usbc neither via Bluetooth.
Via Bluetooth it’s ok, via usbc does at the end the annoying popping/click of every track. But if you pull back to ear the popping again I don’t ear a second time . Like it does just the first time to read a new file( next track) . It’s directly relate to MQA file. If choose to stream in any other file it’s ok , no popping… hope they solve this …

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #1,999 of 3,834
What's your preference, on or off while charging?

Screenshot_20220425-124558_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220425-124400_Office.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #2,001 of 3,834
What's your preference, on or off while charging?

i would turn on the device first then plug into power so it tops out at 70%. this is what i will start doing when connecting to my desktop setup. this would prolong the battery by not having the gryphon top out to 100% each time. thanks for this info

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #2,002 of 3,834
Hi ... has anyone run into an issue where the unit is stuck with some lights on, but doesn't respond to any buttons? It doesn't play, but will neither switch on nor switch off.

The input LED is blue, the format LED is cyan, and battery LED is green. MacOS and Tidal recognize it when connected by USB, and try to play to it, but there is no sound output.

I only received the unit on Saturday and it was pre-installed with 1.45 firmware.

... any advice, please?

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #2,003 of 3,834
Thanks for the feedback y'all! I will ask if this possible and reference this.
Thanks for considering ! I prefer the volume to be displayed in dB as well. But I won't mind having an option in the menu to switch it from dB to percentage either.

Also, in firmware version 1.22 the screen brightness could be set to both LOW and HIGH (in OFF mode), depending on which way you turned the knob. In newer firmware versions, you can only go one way: when brightness is set to OFF (which I assume many people will use to prevent burn-in of OLED display) it can only be on LOW.
I would like to have this feature back. Don't understand the reason you removed it.

Overall, v1.45 is better in regard to charging and battery management. I also like to new options introduced, like not syncing the volume if you don't want, soft ramp and volume limiter.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #2,006 of 3,834
How would I go about connecting powered speakers to the Gryphon? Can I just get a 4.4mm to dual RCA cable and connect it to the line out balanced port? I plan to hook a preamp (schiit sys) to the gryphon, and connect the powered speakers to the preamp. The desire is to bypass gryphon's amp and just use the DAC since the powered speakers are already amps.

Essentially I want the Gryphon to act as a front-end for powered speakers I have (JBL LSR305), and want to be able to play bluetooth or direct USB audio on it.

The manual says this
1650924546551.png

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #2,007 of 3,834
How would I go about connecting powered speakers to the Gryphon? Can I just get a 4.4mm to dual RCA cable and connect it to the line out balanced port? I plan to hook a preamp (schiit sys) to the gryphon, and connect the powered speakers to the preamp. The desire is to bypass gryphon's amp and just use the DAC since the powered speakers are already amps.

Essentially I want the Gryphon to act as a front-end for powered speakers I have (JBL LSR305), and want to be able to play bluetooth or direct USB audio on it.

The manual says this
Single ended 3.5mm (into lineout in Gryphon) to 2xRCA --> RCA-XLR adapters in the JBLs. You can then stream BT to the Gryphon or feed it from a USB source and it'll output to the JBLs. I have the same setup and it works perfectly.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #2,008 of 3,834
Single ended 3.5mm (into lineout in Gryphon) to 2xRCA --> RCA-XLR adapters in the JBLs. You can then stream BT to the Gryphon or feed it from a USB source and it'll output to the JBLs. I have the same setup and it works perfectly.
i can't use the 4.4mm balanced port to do the same thing? thanks for your response

Apr 25, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #2,010 of 3,834
Thanks for considering ! I prefer the volume to be displayed in dB as well. But I won't mind having an option in the menu to switch it from dB to percentage either.

Also, in firmware version 1.22 the screen brightness could be set to both LOW and HIGH (in OFF mode), depending on which way you turned the knob. In newer firmware versions, you can only go one way: when brightness is set to OFF (which I assume many people will use to prevent burn-in of OLED display) it can only be on LOW.
I would like to have this feature back. Don't understand the reason you removed it.

Overall, v1.45 is better in regard to charging and battery management. I also like to new options introduced, like not syncing the volume if you don't want, soft ramp and volume limiter.
+1 Brightness HIGH in OFF mode. The display in low brightness mode is almost unreadable in sunlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back