xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #1,337 of 3,839
Gaia app is available for iOS now so you should be able to do it that way.

^^ This is true... I used the Gaia app for iOS that @Sebastien Chiu linked to below. Worked like a charm for me.

Hi folks,

I am currently working with our team to get our site updated reflected correctly, but you actually can update from all iOS platforms now.

Keep in mind the differences in process between the Bluetooth and 1.22 firmware updates.

The 1.22 update is done on your PC/Mac through our DFU application (Please let me know if you need the DMG file, it will also be available soon on the site otherwise)!

*If this is your first time using Gaia for the BT update, keep in mind you must NOT be connected to your phone with the Gryphon with your phone. You must connect to the Gryphon through the app itself, otherwise it will not pick the Gryphon up.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ifi-gaia/id1577880367

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,338 of 3,839
Please don't take this the wrong way, and I'm sure you're great with the tools and all, but I don't understand why you'd pull your Gryphon apart and void the warranty for a battery issue that the vendor would likely either RMA, or refund your 600quid?

... and here is the vendor confirming their willingness to address any such battery issues.

Anyway, this battery issue has put a small shadow of doubt in my mind with Gryphon, as I would likely leave it for a week or more without using it. That said, I do appreciate the vendor quickly acknowledging this charging problem and offering to make good to any customer affected..
Oh I tried, to return it after the initial volume issues I found. Perhaps it was just my bad luck, but after several messages back and forwards and back and forwards and back and forwards (no exaggeration) I gave up. Yes its a lot of money but life is too short to go back and forwards again.

Ifi really didn't want to accept a return from me, who knows perhaps one more back and forwards and I would have succeeded, we will never know.

Jan 13, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #1,340 of 3,839
Here are the photos I took of the board while I was in there, nothing fancy only a phone camera.

20220112_080954.jpg

Bottom

20220112_080905.jpg

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #1,341 of 3,839
What's the latest BT firmware version?
After updating the Gryphon FW a couple weeks ago, through my PC, I got to try and upgrade the BT firmware this morning.
Installed the iFi-Gaia app on my iPhone, let it find and pair with the Gryphon, but it seems to not have a newer BT firmware...
This is what I see:
info.png
settings.png

Does that mean I have the latest BT firmware already?

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,342 of 3,839
After updating the Gryphon FW a couple weeks ago, through my PC, I got to try and upgrade the BT firmware this morning.
Installed the iFi-Gaia app on my iPhone, let it find and pair with the Gryphon, but it seems to not have a newer BT firmware...
This is what I see:
info.pngsettings.png

I did the update by downloading the firmware from iFi on my iPad, extracting it and then pointing the Gaia app to it by tapping on “Software Updates” as shown in your second picture. There‘s a folder icon on the following screen that allows you to browse for the file.

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #1,343 of 3,839
This is what I see:
info.pngsettings.png

Hey bud,

You need to download the firmware manually from our site onto your phone, and then install it.

The Gaia app unfortunately can't do it automatically yet.

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #1,344 of 3,839
You need to download the firmware manually from our site onto your phone, and then install it.
Downloaded the ZIP file from iFi's website. Now what? Gaia app still does not see it...

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,345 of 3,839
Downloaded the ZIP file from iFi's website. Now what? Gaia app still does not see it...

You need to extract that zip file, and use the file inside of it.

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #1,346 of 3,839
You need to extract that zip file, and use the file inside of it.
That is what I thought... but was not obvious how to do it on iPhone (I am usually an android user...)

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #1,347 of 3,839
OK - I figured it out! Just needed to browse and select the .bin file.
Updating BT firmware now....... :)

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #1,348 of 3,839
All done! Version 2.07 is on now.
Thanks @Sebastien Chiu for the quick responses. Now, off to some music before next work meeting starts :wink:

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #1,349 of 3,839
There‘s a folder icon on the following screen that allows you to browse for the file.
That is the part I missed initially! Thanks @tret :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back