xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Jul 19, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #2,386 of 3,871
Ok, so it's interference, not noise. That is indeed an issue, as it shouldn't have any audible interference, regradless of the environment it operates in.
I suggest writing to iFi support or even consider warranty, as such issue should not exist (after all the device has passed an EMC testing).

Jul 20, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #2,387 of 3,871
Its not the background noise i have issues with. Its the RFI from BT connection. Noise floor im happy with.
That buzzing noise can become a nuisance.

Edit: i mean static noise😂

Ok, so it's interference, not noise. That is indeed an issue, as it shouldn't have any audible interference, regradless of the environment it operates in.
I suggest writing to iFi support or even consider warranty, as such issue should not exist (after all the device has passed an EMC testing).

Please do open up a support ticket with us on you! We're happy to to help you.

https://support.ifi-audio.com

Jul 20, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #2,390 of 3,871
What does the gryphon do the xdsd can't?

Jul 20, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #2,391 of 3,871
What does the gryphon do the xdsd can't?
More power on the balanced output (old one has only single ended), better bluetooth codecs, MQA decoding, USB-C ports, 4.4mm balanced input, OLED screen,
improved xBass and xSpace features (debatable if those are really needed in practice). While xSpace may be useful, xBass won't replace a proper equalization to the
Harman curve, which many headphones will need in order to sound neutral. I certainly don't mind it being there, but I almost never use xBassII.
From an objective perspective, the older one was better in terms of bang-per-buck, but the newer one is better looking and has additional features.

Unfortunately the old xDSD and xCAN aren't manufactured anymore, as both these devices have morphed into the xDSD Gryphon (at the cost of both combined).
The xDSD can be found used, but of course as with all things used, prices tend to be speculative and do not always reflect the real value of a product.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #2,392 of 3,871
Wonderful cheers. Sounds like a wicked product

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #2,393 of 3,871
Jul 21, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,394 of 3,871
I've noticed when connected via USB and USB Dual Port Charge is set to "on" and running the volume into +100 Turbo levels, the Gryphon will completely stop outputting sound until it is disconnected and reconnected.
FYI anyone who is thinking of buying one of these, make sure you buy it from an authorized reseller or the ifi official store on Amazon. I made the mistake of not doing so and now I am stuck with a unit that ifi is suggesting that I return after my amazon return window has closed.

Jul 21, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #2,395 of 3,871
FYI anyone who is thinking of buying one of these, make sure you buy it from an authorized reseller or the ifi official store on Amazon. I made the mistake of not doing so and now I am stuck with a unit that ifi is suggesting that I return after my amazon return window has closed.
Well if its faulty then you have warranty. No?

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #2,396 of 3,871
Apparently not. I received this: "Thank you for providing the requested information, we can see that this was not bought from our Amazon store. We would recommend contacting the Amazon seller for a replacement or refund of the device."

The amazon page I bought it from has "Brand: iFi Audio":
1658438982118.png

but if you look more closely you see this:
1658439037285.png

I wasn't paying attention to this when I purchased and my "Sold by" was "Natural Green Products". I never noticed it wasn't from the ifi official store. Return window is closed so it seems I am out of luck.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #2,397 of 3,871
Apparently not. I received this: "Thank you for providing the requested information, we can see that this was not bought from our Amazon store. We would recommend contacting the Amazon seller for a replacement or refund of the device."

The amazon page I bought it from has "Brand: iFi Audio":
1658438982118.png
but if you look more closely you see this:
1658439037285.png
I wasn't paying attention to this when I purchased and my "Sold by" was "Natural Green Products". I never noticed it wasn't from the ifi official store. Return window is closed so it seems I am out of luck.
Regardless of where you buy if it is a genuine new ifi product they should go out of their way to repair of better still replace it.
Any company that has pride in their products should appreciate their customers.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #2,398 of 3,871
Regardless of where you buy if it is a genuine new ifi product they should go out of their way to repair of better still replace it.
Any company that has pride in their products should appreciate their customers.
Well to be fair to iFi, there may be counterfeits out there and "Natural Green Products" doesn't really seem like a legit reseller of iFi products.

I personally just wish there was a way for them to authenticate mine and if it is genuine stand by the product. I guess I'll just deal with the fault and hope it doesn't get any worse.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #2,399 of 3,871
Well to be fair to iFi, there may be counterfeits out there and "Natural Green Products" doesn't really seem like a legit reseller of iFi products.

I personally just wish there was a way for them to authenticate mine and if it is genuine stand by the product. I guess I'll just deal with the fault and hope it doesn't get any worse.
You have many options, what did the seller say after you contacted them, log their response and then Amazon will have options for you. Also depending on how you paid there are options there as well.

Good luck!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 21, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #2,400 of 3,871

They would know by the serial number surly & if it was a fake surly they would want to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back