xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,531 of 3,834
True, but if they 1) add a BT codec enable/disable option, 2) add a volume limit option, and 3) add a desktop mode, Gryphon's stock will shoot through the roof. I also think all three would be fairly easy additions to make, and won't affect the current functionality of the product one bit.
Our software team will be back after CNYa after the 9th and I'll hear back from them when on the possibilities of these requests are!

Agree, adding these three features would be great. For my part, I would like to suggest adding the LDAC locking option in 990kbps 44.1kHz 16-bit mode, so that you can listen to audio CD tracks losslessly. An even better option would be if Gryphon remembered the last bluetooth setup and connects to Android with the same parameters. At the moment I have to enter the development options after every Gryphon connection with Android and manually set 990kbps 44.1kHz 16-bit.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #1,532 of 3,834
You sound like my GF shopping for shoes... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
First rule of government spending - why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #1,533 of 3,834
Agree, adding these three features would be great. For my part, I would like to suggest adding the LDAC locking option in 990kbps 44.1kHz 16-bit mode, so that you can listen to audio CD tracks losslessly. An even better option would be if Gryphon remembered the last bluetooth setup and connects to Android with the same parameters. At the moment I have to enter the development options after every Gryphon connection with Android and manually set 990kbps 44.1kHz 16-bit.
Go into the Bluetooth settings, find Gryphon, go into its options, you should see an item called media quality (or similar). Inside you'll have a choice of optimise for best quality or stable connection. Choose quality, and Android should pair with Gryphon in max quality mode every time.

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #1,534 of 3,834
Go into the Bluetooth settings, find Gryphon, go into its options, you should see an item called media quality (or similar). Inside you'll have a choice of optimise for best quality or stable connection. Choose quality, and Android should pair with Gryphon in max quality mode every time.
I don't want to upsampling to 96k 24-bit when listening to Audio CD 44.1k 16-bit tracks. At the moment I have to enter the Android development options after every Gryphon connection and manually set 44.1kHz 16-bit. Therefore, I would like Gryphon to have the option of remembering the last bluetooth configuration and connecting using the last settings. Android, unfortunately, cannot do this.

Feb 2, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #1,535 of 3,834
I don't want to upsampling to 96k 24-bit when listening to Audio CD 44.1k 16-bit tracks. At the moment I have to enter the Android development options after every Gryphon connection and manually set 44.1kHz 16-bit. Therefore, I would like Gryphon to have the option of remembering the last bluetooth configuration and connecting using the last settings. Android, unfortunately, cannot do this.
24/96 is the maximum bitrate support for LDAC. Just because you're enabling 24/96 does NOT mean you're hearing your 16/44 tracks at 24/96. There's no upsampling happening unless you choose to upsample in your playback software. Also, LDAC is always lossy. Even at 990kbps support, you're still losing some data using LDAC as opposed to true lossless or wired.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #1,536 of 3,834
Also worth considering that 990kb/s is the theoretical maximum bit rate. In reality, if you force it to use 990kb/s only, the connection needs a very RF quiet environment and only works over a very short distance.

Feb 2, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,537 of 3,834
20220202_201625.jpg

Miter case arrived this afternoon, really is a fantastic case

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #1,539 of 3,834
Hello fellow Gryphon owners. I just received a new Gryphon three days ago. I have all of the firmware updated and I am currently loving the ability to walk around my house while listening to the very power hungry Arya V2. Now I am at my desk and wondering about this "power safe mode" for charging the battery that I have seen a few people mention here on the thread. How does this feature work? There is no options in the settings menu that I can see. I am sure I am not the only one who is curious about this.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,540 of 3,834
Gryphon arrived today. Tested and working. Will take it to my workplace tomorrow and enjoy some music with HD660S:L3000:

51858826524_4298227a3f_c.jpg
This exact combo is my travel setup. Works perfectly for hotel room listening!

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #1,541 of 3,834
I own the Gryphon and it is an amazing piece of DAC. Great sounding. Using it also with my IPad Pro - great couple and with my IPhone. The only problem with the IPhone that I face is that by plugging in the volume control gets really loud, so you have to dial it down, but then it works great. Wonderful rich sound. Sorry for my poor english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back