xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Jan 27, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #1,501 of 3,834
I'm a bit confusing about how to charge to prolong the battery life.
In the faq you found this but the instruction paper said something different.
Which is the correct mode to recharge safely?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,502 of 3,834
I'm a bit confusing about how to charge to prolong the battery life.
In the faq you found this but the instruction paper said something different.
Which is the correct mode to recharge safely?
To get the maximum battery life always keep a lithium battery at or close to 50% charged. Obviously this is not possible in practice so I think the 70-80% maximum charge is a good rule of thumb whilst 30% minimum state of charge is a good number to aim for.

iFi have stated many times that battery failure under warranty will be covered for free or will be supported for a cost outside of the warranty period so no one should be worried about the battery.

Personally I try to keep my Gryphon at above a 50% state of charge and will replace the battery myself should the need arise.

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #1,503 of 3,834
Shameless plug...will be posting the Gryphon on classifieds later if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #1,505 of 3,834
Good luck with the sale, I could say you will need it :) but I bet it will sell quickly despite the few small issues, as I've said a few times its a great device.
Thanks man...it is a great device, I just have other needs.

Edit: listed in classifieds

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #1,506 of 3,834
Very disappointed in this purchase, specifically the power output is very poor.

In balanced mode on +6dB (turbo), it doesn't come anywhere close to the output of my Qudelix 5K. With the advertised 1000 mW of power I was hoping this would drive my headphones better than the Qudelix which is a tenth of the size.

I wonder if the firmware is broken or something. I did update both Bluetooth and device firmware. IEMatch was off.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #1,507 of 3,834
Very disappointed in this purchase, specifically the power output is very poor.

In balanced mode on +6dB (turbo), it doesn't come anywhere close to the output of my Qudelix 5K. With the advertised 1000 mW of power I was hoping this would drive my headphones better than the Qudelix which is a tenth of the size.

I wonder if the firmware is broken or something. I did update both Bluetooth and device firmware. IEMatch was off.
I'm curious, which IEM or Headphone are you trying to power?

And just to make sure, you have volume on your phone and music player maxed right? Controling the volume only on Gryphon?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #1,508 of 3,834
I'm curious, which IEM or Headphone are you trying to power?

And just to make sure, you have volume on your phone and music player maxed right? Controling the volume only on Gryphon?

Yes, both are maxed, volume is controlled with Gryphon.

I'm trying to power the DCA Stealth. Neither the Qudelix 5K or Gryphon are sufficient, but the 5K gets way louder which simply doesn't make sense to me, given its size. Both are in balanced mode.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #1,509 of 3,834

I'm trying to power the DCA Stealth. Neither the Qudelix 5K or Gryphon are sufficient, but the 5K gets way louder which simply doesn't make sense to me, given its size.
Using 4.4mm balanced I assume, with IE Match off? I personally wouldn't try drive an 86dB sensitivity headphone like Stealth with a 1W portable amp. A $4000 headphone like that needs serious juice, like a Cayin C9 at minimum. Gryphon is best for fairly sensitive headphones and IEMs. Loudness isn't important - it's more about headroom, damping factor and control. You need to use the right tools for the job.

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #1,510 of 3,834

I'm trying to power the DCA Stealth. Neither the Qudelix 5K or Gryphon are sufficient, but the 5K gets way louder which simply doesn't make sense to me, given its size. Both are in balanced mode.
It's surprising that the 5k has more volume. Since you also tried 5k, Is your cable terminated in 2.5mm? Maybe the 2.5 to 4.4 Adapter isn't working well for the Gryphon.

Looking at the specs of Stealth, like @gLer said, something like the iDSD Signature or Diablo might be a better pair for it but still I'm surprised Gryphon dosen't drive it loud enough.

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #1,511 of 3,834
Miter Case it,s ready.....in Amazon....:)

40056027-7-B1-B-4-AE4-A5-DB-9-D614-ED06931.jpg93-B6-DF24-55-D9-4-A47-BDF2-D2-F91382-B9-F3.jpg83492539-CEEB-47-C7-8-A54-4-B5-E03-A459-A2.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #1,515 of 3,834
Does it have something like a "desktop mode" ? Similar to the new Mojo 2 ? What I mean is that you can leave the gryphon plugged in all the time without charging the battery even if it is full. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back