XBOXERS:Best Controllers? Flying/racing games?
Nov 21, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
I suppose. I still don't like the idea of paying M$ any more than I have to. $50 a game is a rip as it is, especially when the licensing is so insanely restrictive.

Besides, when you've got stuff like XBConnect available, why pay? Or how about this?

Well those work too, but can they send me new Links 2004 courses? New car packs in PGR2? New Splinter Cell levels?

Nov 21, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #17 of 24
No, but it wouldn't take too much imagination with a modded Xbox to download said levels (they've been leaked ages ago) and dump 'em on your HD. That's all Live does. Plus, that's another bonus with these; they don't care if you're modded or not.

Nov 21, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

No, but it wouldn't take too much imagination with a modded Xbox to download said levels (they've been leaked ages ago) and dump 'em on your HD. That's all Live does. Plus, that's another bonus with these; they don't care if you're modded or not.

So all my friends and family need are modded xboxes so they can download stuff and use xbconnect to play online?

Somehow I doubt they'd find all that as easy as Xbox Live!

Nov 21, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #20 of 24
Obviously Live is going to be less of a hassle; I never said it wouldn't. I simply stated that I personally see no reason to shell yet more money out to M$ when a modded box gets me everything they offer and tons more.

As for ease of use, though, you can buy pre-modded Xboxes. You can pick them up for as low as $250 or so, less if it's used. Not much technical know-how needed there.

EDIT: Aye, or softmods. It's really as easy as popping a CD in the drive. Granted, you have to do that every time you boot, but how much of a hassle is that? Saves money, too, if you don't feel like shelling it out for a chip. Plus, it doesn't void your warranty. Well, it does, but there's no way for M$ to tell you ever did that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2004 at 9:53 AM Post #21 of 24
you need only this game : BURNOUT 3 !!!!!!!! by far the best racing game ive played, not too realistic, but it looks pretty, and boy is it fun fun fun!!
and of course HALO2 !!!!

EDIT : actually the metoo UXE exploit softmod, boots and goes straight to evox or xbmc, no need for a cd or anything.

Nov 21, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Aye, or softmods. It's really as easy as popping a CD in the drive. Granted, you have to do that every time you boot, but how much of a hassle is that? Saves money, too, if you don't feel like shelling it out for a chip. Plus, it doesn't void your warranty. Well, it does, but there's no way for M$ to tell you ever did that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Indeed, but if you don't want to open it, you'll need to shell out some cash for an exploitable version of mechassault (a tad hard to come by in some parts, but if you buy used, I don't think they'll mind letting you see the inner ring markings of the discs. And of course a some compatible memory (memory card, some thumb drives) and a cable to get it onto the card/onto the xbox.

Yes, the UXE (or any UDE variant or derivative) will run on boot, with no risk of clock looping, etc. xtreme4099, I prefer FBL. Load it up with the credits switch in the config
icon10.gif

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:10 PM Post #24 of 24
A BIG Thanks to all y'all - it is gonna be a burnout and flying into the rocks kind of Christmas here! This is a whole new world to explore for this 52 year-old.

The daughter thinks she can whip up on her old man just anytime....she is right! Now, if I can just get it figured out which way is up on this **** game! I SUCK at this - not something I am used to - humble pie time!

At least the AVGAS/VP fuel budget will be small, and the annual inspection will not find even a single bent or wasted part!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back