Xbox 360 Core for $100
Nov 23, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #34 of 46
amazon's server locked up about 5 mins before the sale. I hate when they do the dumb blitzes like putting concert tickets up for sale at a specific time. It just makes a mess and shows the internets capacity to crap out.

Nov 23, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #36 of 46
Do we have a conspiracy theory? I couldnt get in until it was all over....What?
mad.gif

EDIT: I think those who stayed closest to Amazon's server got all of them...maybe some insider trading as well
rolleyes.gif

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do we have a conspiracy theory? I couldnt get in until it was all over....What?
mad.gif

EDIT: I think those who stayed closest to Amazon's server got all of them...maybe some insider trading as well
rolleyes.gif

Sadly, it's probably the truth.

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #38 of 46
Did anybody successfully get one?
I tried but my page hung for about 7 mins. before I got in.
And then they were all sold out.

Nov 23, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #39 of 46
i was camping in front of my pc for over 10 mins before 11am PST. About a few mins before "the time", the server was stuck. I had friends in other countries trying to access Amazon and we got the same result....site down. It got stuck there for more or less 15 mins and by the time I got in..."sold out at this price"
blink.gif

Really, did anybody here get one?

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #41 of 46
It took me 22 minutes to load the page, and they were sold-out by then.

Nov 24, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #42 of 46
I had to do it from the university computers. I went on at around 12:54 (6 minutes before the sale start) and the front page loaded after not that long. The last I heard anything back from amazon was at 1:12 or something like that. At that point I could easily get through. But before that, I even had multiple computers and browsers trying and refreshing, but I didn't get a sign of life from amazon.

My friend tried from home and said he didn't have much trouble getting the website to respond. He just had to refresh a few times and the page loaded without much problem. He got one, and almost a second one on another computer but his mom screwed it up. He said they were sold out in about half a minute. That's pretty disappointing knowing I had absolutely no chance considering amazon shunned me until looong after they were all sold out
frown.gif

I didn't really expect amazon to get stunned like that. I've seen plenty of websites have the same thing happen to them but I kind of thought that amazon's system would be powerful enough.

Nov 24, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #44 of 46
It's incredible to me when companies do not adequately prepare for the traffic that will hit their site when one of these promotions run (same thing used to happen for the bar exam, too). Really irresponsible corporate behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back