XBA-C10: Sony's Colorful, Low-Priced BA
Jan 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #16 of 96
A very easy change that foam density. Tai, did happen notice a difference in appearance of the foam density in the tube of XBA-1 and XBA-10?

I had an EX600 with too much/too dense foam so my pair was less sparkly than the Dunu Trident while others were talking about treble that needed to settle with burn in. Removing it fixed things in that case.

Same apparently with the CX980 and 985 were the new foams are noticeably easier to see through when looking at the spares they provide.

Back to the C10, which I find quite more attractive than the XBA. I'm sure they sound better than the XBA-1 and if they come to the US, I could see myself grabbing one for the right price. Of course the green color, my preference, would likely be dropped over here in NA. :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 96
Foam look close to the same on both XBA-1 and XBA-10, but there is another paper filter underneath the foam, and I am not sure those are the same or not.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #18 of 96
Quote:
Not really sure what you are referring to about the widening / flattening. I don't remember reading much about the new XBA series about the change they made. In fact, Sony is being quite low key on the change from old to new XBA and almost never promote the new series as they did with old series. In any case, I A/Bed the two and what is there on the XBA-1 is still on the XBA-10, but XBA-10 sounds less dampened acoustically. It is similar to that of grey vs. black filter on the PFE112, but on a smaller scale. This seems to consistent to the few impressions about XBA-4 vs. XBA-40 I have read over at Chinese forum as well. Might have to listen to a XBA-40 myself to confirm it though.

ClioOS, I have the XBA-4 and the new 40. Still burning them in, but so far the biggest difference is the bass.
The bass is huge on the 40. Sony decided to actually use that extra woofer that didn't seem to kick in quite the way it should on the 4's.
With club music, you hear the deep thump thump of what one would expect from a full speaker system. You feel as if you are in the club!

I have to give them more listening before I compare them here  on the forums, but the other differences seem to be minor so far.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 96
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Might have to find a place to demo it myself but most likely I'll have to wait till March to do so since local Sony center doesn't want to carry such an expensive model.

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #20 of 96
Quote:
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Might have to find a place to demo it myself but most likely I'll have to wait till March to do so since local Sony center doesn't want to carry such an expensive model.

Speaking off they are relatively cheap (ish) from Amazon.jp - just under $200 compared to Amazon US which is $260 (import) or $360 (US model)

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #21 of 96
Something that looks like a short review to me, but i have no idea what they are saying...
http://virgo-dragoon.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-01-22

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 96
Quote:
Something that looks like a short review to me, but i have no idea what they are saying...
http://virgo-dragoon.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-01-22

Been reading virgo-san's blog for years. He mostly writes about unboxing or just the fact that he's bought something, but he's not big on discussing sound quality. You'll get a lot more opinion from other blogs or kakaku.com.

In this post he was at the Sony Building sampling a few products. In the second to last paragraph he says he thought the overall balance is better than his XBA-1 and XBA-BT75, and he thinks the C10 is great bang for the buck.

I'm bumping this thread to see if any of you have more to say on the C10.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #23 of 96
I have the C10 for a few weeks now, nothing particularly impressive but it is a solid choice for the price (I got mine from Amazon Japan via Tenso). Personally I'll pay a little bit for to get the XBA-10 instead.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #26 of 96
I have already ordered XBA-30, but thanks for the info 
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #27 of 96
I bought XBA-C10 in South Korea. By promotion I paid 49,000 KRW.Normal price is 59,000 KRW.
49,000 KRW almost in USD 43.9. It's middle price in single BA IEMs of South Korea.

Plastic outfit is cute. but there's no ear wax guard.
Cheap cable. weak 3.5pi cord plug. (It almost same like MDR-EX95LP)
XS,S,M,L sleeve-tips, cable-clip and cable-holder. no pouch.

Sound exactly same like SONY XBA-1/10. it is a low priced XBA-1/10 version. that's all.
Around ear fit not possible.

Hmmm ... I recommend buy XBA-10 than C10.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #28 of 96
Here I share SONY XBA-C10 measurement of SCL, South Korea.
As you can see FR graph, XBA-1 and 10 is same.
and C10 little bit tuned for bass and treble. but I can't sense that ... 
frown.gif

http://sclibrary.net/earphone_review/18870

Users who are viewing this thread

Back