XBA-C10: Sony's Colorful, Low-Priced BA
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #76 of 96

NECRO-ish time!

Quote:

Did the cables break? If so, how long have you had them? They seem pretty sturdy to me. Again, I really like these. Great noise blockage, great non-bloated sound for the price.

No, it did not break. I plan on recabling them but it seems that the shell won't budge at all. If I try to pry it further, the plastic shell, the non-glossy part, will break. Agreed that they sound very nice for its price.

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #77 of 96
These cost 20€ in Germany and you get a very comfortable IEM that is very well-suited for acoustic and female vocals. EDM is also okay, if you don't need thumping bass.

However, Rock and Metal do not work well with this IEM. It's pretty shouty in the mids with a hint of sibilance and it has a strange tendency to crap out on instrument separation in crowded, agressive songs.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #78 of 96
I just did a brief review of this. (http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-xba-c10-balanced-armature-in-earphone-white/reviews/13820) It's down to a very attractive price here: https://www.alzashop.com/sony-xba-c10w-white-d515814.htm and on the British amazon there's a few dealers selling it for 17-18 pounds. German amazon was rather expensive I thought.

If you're into jazz or chamber music, get it! If you like big symphonies, really consider buying it!

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #79 of 96
Wow! Only 13.5 Euros without the VAT? A pity they don't seem to ship to the US. At 13.5 Euros ($15.50) I might be tempted to buy a dozen of them. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #81 of 96
It says 16.32 Euros including VAT, which is $18.75 at the current 1.149 per euro exchange rate. 25 euros for shipping????? Sounds like a rip off. Some US camera stores used to do things like that. They would have a low price on a camera, then have a huge shipping cost. Of course if you tried to buy it in their store and avoid the shipping cost, they wouldn't sell it at their advertised price. They claimed the advertised price was their cost, and most of the shipping charge was their profit.

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #82 of 96
Not a rip off. I took the shipping costs from the dutch postal services.)http://www.postnl.nl/versturen/pakket-versturen/tarieven/?country=US) It's what it would cost if I'd box up 10 or so for you and forward them. Getting them from czech to me was 7 euros whjich is very reasonable.

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #83 of 96
  Not a rip off. I took the shipping costs from the dutch postal services.)http://www.postnl.nl/versturen/pakket-versturen/tarieven/?country=US) It's what it would cost if I'd box up 10 or so for you and forward them. Getting them from czech to me was 7 euros whjich is very reasonable.

Oh. The shipping on 10 or a dozen pieces is $28, and not the shipping for just one or two.

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #84 of 96
Gets better still. Seller insisted on refunding me the shipping costs because I had to intervene with their local logistics partner. So I bought these for not quite 17 euros and now I got something in which I can hear exactly how the bow hits the strings on a cello and the coughing way in the back of a audience.
Only concern with these is the wire. They may not sound like a 16 euro pair of buds but the wire does look like one. guess I'll just hve to be extra careful

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #85 of 96
Just got these because was really curious about BA IEM's. It's an awesome IEM for the price (32€ shipped). Very spacious, good instrument separation. Orchestral, classic and vocals are amazing. The bass is somewhat lacking but not overly so. Im currently using some foam tips since these tame a little bit of sibilance. However i found that tip rolling doesnt do much to taylor the sound. There is a change but not a big one like in the Havi B3.

The fit is a little bit weird, sometimes i can't get a good seal and sometimes when i feel that i got a good seal the sound it's still not the best. Sometimes when i feel the sound is the best is when i have the IEM almost falling from the ear canal =P I blame this on my ear canal =P

What i hate the most....the cable. It's just horrendous...a lot of microphonics. It's light and because of that the IEM is really comfortable but i wouldn't mind a thicker better build cable in exchange for a heavier IEM. Also i can see the l shaped plug tearing apart with use. The strain relief on the jack is not the best. Would love to see if someone is brave enough to reachable these. The delta shaped thingy doesn't add or detract nothing to me so im okay with that.

Design is really cool. I hate white electronics (i got the cheapest one which was white one) but in this one is kinda cool with. These are sensitive so i can clearly hear some noise from the port of the macbook. They do benefit from a nice dac but don't need an amp.

​Just don't get how somethings in here are fcking hyped and these marvelous little suckers barely get some love.

@wijnands  i will send you a PM in the next couple of hours =D

Btw guys what would it be the natural successor to this BA IEM? Do you guys have any suggestions? Sony or not.

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #88 of 96

What about the SoundMagic PL50 and the Sony XBA-H1?

The sony is that hybrid thing where they added a normal driver to boost bass. Call me weird but when sony boosts bass I put my hand on my wallet.
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-ear-headphones/xba-h1 but it may well be to your taste of course.

I'd forgottem about the soundmagic. Knowing that brand they're probably going to be a lot of bang for your bucks. It is however an older design and it makes me wonder how it compares to the sony. Also not sure if you have to loop the cable over your ear or not. With me it often conflicts with my glasses

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #89 of 96
  Just got these because was really curious about BA IEM's. It's an awesome IEM for the price (32€ shipped). Very spacious, good instrument separation. Orchestral, classic and vocals are amazing. The bass is somewhat lacking but not overly so. Im currently using some foam tips since these tame a little bit of sibilance. However i found that tip rolling doesnt do much to taylor the sound. There is a change but not a big one like in the Havi B3.

The fit is a little bit weird, sometimes i can't get a good seal and sometimes when i feel that i got a good seal the sound it's still not the best. Sometimes when i feel the sound is the best is when i have the IEM almost falling from the ear canal =P I blame this on my ear canal =P

What i hate the most....the cable. It's just horrendous...a lot of microphonics. It's light and because of that the IEM is really comfortable but i wouldn't mind a thicker better build cable in exchange for a heavier IEM. Also i can see the l shaped plug tearing apart with use. The strain relief on the jack is not the best. Would love to see if someone is brave enough to reachable these. The delta shaped thingy doesn't add or detract nothing to me so im okay with that.

Design is really cool. I hate white electronics (i got the cheapest one which was white one) but in this one is kinda cool with. These are sensitive so i can clearly hear some noise from the port of the macbook. They do benefit from a nice dac but don't need an amp.

​Just don't get how somethings in here are fcking hyped and these marvelous little suckers barely get some love.

@wijnands  i will send you a PM in the next couple of hours =D

Btw guys what would it be the natural successor to this BA IEM? Do you guys have any suggestions? Sony or not.

The next model up in a single BA IEM is the Sony XBA-100. I might buy that when the price declines. The XBA-H1 seems quite overpriced at $150, although refurbs at under $50 seem much more fairly priced. Reviews say seems to give the same midrange and teble as the XBA-1 and XBA-C10, but with a dynamic woofer attached. Some claim the XBA-H1 is too bassy, so those who think the XBA-C10 sounds about right will probably think the XBA-H1 is too bassy. I haven't heard it myself, I am just going by what the reviews I read have said. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back