X5 for US $159.99 at eBay!!!
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #31 of 38
Yes Ultimate Electronics is legit, they take phone orders. However, it's not normal practice to ship stuff like headphones out to customers. Their business department handles that, and they take a few days to sort through the invoice stuff, but I ordered a pair of X5s last tue afternoon, only shipping option was 2 day air total $121.

The guy had to order it laterally from another store, by the time it was ready some invoice problems delayed it further until it finally shipped Friday. They upgraded to priority overnight, so it came today morning instead of tomorrow.

Brand new packaging, doesn't look refurbished to me.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad there are durability issues with these.

What durability issue are you referring to?

Klipsch had one initially on X10 for the tails splitting. It turns out to be an issue for certain people and the chemicals of their bio. This was a small percentage of people. This was corrected on X10 and has never been an issue on X5 because Klipsch made the change in materials prior to this release.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #34 of 38
Hey Kapster, I don't know the forum rules about giving business #'s on here. I think links are okay.

Ultimate Electronics - Business Services

That's the business services department, give them a call and tell them what you need. From what I heard, the X10s are sold out, since I started this chatter people may have bought some X5s, good luck and let me know if you get a pair.

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #35 of 38
I called the store and they had them in stock(not reburb according to the guy at the store) brand new. The guy at the store told me I had to call the corporate office(Tony should be the guy you talk to. I believe he was Ext. 3) to charge it and to mention which store I got it from(IL).

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #36 of 38
I stand corrected, but Ultimate Electronics isn't the best about conveying information. The first time I had called in, which was last month, an associate had told me they couldn't accommodate me.

This time, somebody referred me to business services, and a nice guy named George helped me out. Like I said, they're not normally set up to ship out orders like this so the and business services has other stuff on its plate too.

Again, gluck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back