X3 firmware updating tips and related important notes & solutions!
Aug 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #16 of 57
I've updated the firmware on my X3 from 1.23EN to 1.25EN with a 64GB microSD filled with music. Yeah, I'm mad.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure you can use a smaller card as well.

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #17 of 57
Quote:
Yeah, I can format it to FAT32.
The thing is with FAT32 card I can update my X3, but the card doesn't read my songs.
After I format it back to whether NTFS or exFAT, it read my music but not the upgrade firmware...
I don't know its either my card's problem or X3's problem...

Are you saying the X3 can read music from a 64GB MicroSD card formatted to NFTS or exFAT?

I thought it could only read FAT32?

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #18 of 57
Quote:
Are you saying the X3 can read music from a 64GB MicroSD card formatted to NFTS or exFAT?

I thought it could only read FAT32?

Sorry for the bad explanation.
So, what I did is format the SD card to FAT32 and upgrade it first.
At this moment, X3 only reads the firmware, but doesn't read any music from the card.
After upgrade to FW1.23, I changed SD card back to NFTS and put songs in it then let X3 update the library.
Under NFTS format my X3 is able to read all my music form my SD card and the firmware is still in FW1.23 ver.

I still don't know either its my X3's problem or SD card's problem.
Now I'm thinking to return the SD card to amazon and get another 32gb...

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 57
Affirm. Me-too.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #23 of 57
Do you mean the zip file is corrupted or you simply can't download the file? You should check your browser config, I can download & unzip it as expected. It's the same download link I used a while ago to update my X3.

I've uploaded the unzipped file on sendspace 4 ya. -> click! <-

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #26 of 57
Without MicroSD Card formatted to FAT32 firmware upgrade is not possible.
Personally tested.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 57
Hi, in order to convert a 64 GB card to FAT32 you'll have to use an external program, e.g. HB USB DISK STORAGE TOOL. Windows doesn't support converting +32 GB on its own.

Cheers!

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #29 of 57
I just got my X3 yesterday and immediately tried to upgrade the firmware to version 1.31. The upgrade appeared to work and the machine booted fine; however, it hung when I tried to validate the FW version and now I can't turn it on. I've tried the reset button, the on button, re-installing older firmware, plugging it into the computer -- nothing works. Was I supposed to install each FW increment prior to installing version 1.31?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #30 of 57
I don't think so, a firmware is generally complete and not just an increment from the latest version, but of course if someone from FIIO could confirm this. Any other user reporting issues with this new F/W ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back