X3 firmware updating tips and related important notes & solutions!
Sep 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #46 of 57
Hi, I manage to find a workaround by renaming files on the X3 as :

0101-Disk1Track1
0102-Disk1Track2
0201-Disk2Track1

Etc. Now they are sorted fine. I used mp3Tag for this, I rename the files using tags and keywords. Its blazingly fast. So I can now enjoy the 1.31 FW...

Thanks.

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #47 of 57
Hi, I manage to find a workaround by renaming files on the X3 as :

0101-Disk1Track1
0102-Disk1Track2
0201-Disk2Track1

Etc. Now they are sorted fine. I used mp3Tag for this, I rename the files using tags and keywords. Its blazingly fast. So I can now enjoy the 1.31 FW...

Thanks.

yes, it is the best way right now before we can improve the firmware.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #50 of 57
Hey all,

I'm just a bit confused about updating firmwares as I have never done it before. So I do apologize if my question will be lame but I just downloaded firmwares 1.31 & 2.05 from fiio's website. I was wondering if I had to use both one after another or is it enough just to use one of them? If so, which one should be used?

I just wanna make sure I can use it as an external DAC with my laptop as source to get the most out of my new Ultrasone Pro 750. Thank you!

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #51 of 57
  Hey all,

I'm just a bit confused about updating firmwares as I have never done it before. So I do apologize if my question will be lame but I just downloaded firmwares 1.31 & 2.05 from fiio's website. I was wondering if I had to use both one after another or is it enough just to use one of them? If so, which one should be used?

I just wanna make sure I can use it as an external DAC with my laptop as source to get the most out of my new Ultrasone Pro 750. Thank you!

Just put firmware version 2.05 on the X3 SD card, shutdown the X3, and then update by pressing and holding both the upper left and the lower right button until "updating" appears on screen.
Please be sure that the battery is well charged.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #55 of 57
I've updated my X3 to the latest firmware 3.0 and have been using it for a week. During that time, I have experienced frequent (several per listening session ~1 hour each) screen freezes or shut-downs with screen dark, always between songs, as the player advances from one song to the next. I have had to use the reset button to restart the player each time to listen again.

Looking through my settings, I've been using gapless playback for the purpose of listening to live albums uninterrupted. Having read here on Head-Fi that gapless playback has been a problem in the past for some owners, I decided to switch gapless playback off to see if it made a difference with the spontaneous freezes/shut-downs. So far, so good. However, I lose that feature by doing so. Can you offer a solution to this problem? With this same X3 player, I had never experienced this problem before having used every prior version of the firmware to date. Will this require yet another firmware update to resolve?

I like the FiiO X3 for its sound quality, but I must say it has been quite the journey getting it to function properly and reliably! Thanks to FiiO for sticking with it so faithfully, but much too bad that it has been so necessary to iron out all the nagging problems that have come with it.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer who is reading this.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #57 of 57
Hi, I posted this in two other threads but since the topic is the same, I am posting it here as well.

I was having a problem formatting the micro sd cards with the X3 3.0 firmware. I tried to format a new Sandisk Ultra SDXC 64 gb card.  It is exact the same model card that I purchased earlier and was able to format it with the previous 2.x firmware.  The X3 recognizes a card is inserted but when I try to use the format function it gives me a message stating that the "TF card is not found. Formatting failed".    I also have a DX50 and the player is able to access the card and play music. My PC can also read/write access the card. 

After a little digging and found the thread on using a tool called GUIFormat and setting the allocation unit size to 32768 to format the 64 gb card from exFAT to FAT32.  Once I did that, the Fiio X3 with firmware 3.0 was able to format the card.  Not sure why had to do this with this firmware when the older firmware didn't need the extra step. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back