X10 and it's carrying case
Dec 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

h8uthemost

100+ Head-Fier
I recently received my pair of Klipsch X10's(freakin' love them by the way, they're the best IEM's I have so far, if I knew they were this good I would have bought two pairs at the $79 price point that I got them for) and I'm wondering about it's included carrying case. It's a kind of small, square, hard case made out of leather. With a flip top(think of a pack of smokes). You have to wrap the headphones up pretty small to get them into that case. Do you think this is bad for the cord? I use the over/under method to wrap my headphones.

Hoping to hear back from other X10 owners.

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Did you not receive the full sized case?

I'd use that one instead.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 11
I know the case you're talking about.

Generally no, it's not going to hurt the cable when done correctly.

Firstly don't just stuff them in there (I think we already knew that?)

Secondly, with your right/left hand hold out the first three fingers, start from the plug end and proceed wrapping the cable around the end of those three fingers. Do this lightly with common sense, we don't want to wrap them tight, because firstly it's not good for the cable, secondly wrap to tight the coiled cable won't come off your fingers. :eek:

Once fully wrapped stopping before the strain relief (end of the buds) slide the coil off placing it in the carry case. Close the lid. To get them out, remove from carry case, hold plug, (jack). If you've wound them up correctly they should just fall open.

How I look after all my IEM's, never had a victim yet.

Dec 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 11
Most all of mine (including the x10s) I wrap them around my 3 fingers, tuck the headphones in the middle of the roll and then gently put them in he case. Seems to work good for all of mine though the x10 case is one of the smallest.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 11
^ +1 on  the 3 finger wrapping.

Just make sure you don't pull from the strain reliefs or plug terminal, it's not the most solid construction.

Enjoy your X10's, I too regret not buying another pair for that price, I absolutely love them. Bass is just beyond awesome.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 11
Excellent suggestion guys. I'll try the three finger wrapping and see how it goes.

I appreciate the help.

And no, I didn't get that bigger case in that picture. Maybe that was with earlier models out something?

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Can anyone put a picture of what it looks like when wrapped? I get a little paranoid about ruining the cables. :xf_eek:

Lucky I'm in a photo taking mood today! :D

This is not X10 but you get the idea hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back