x-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty and ath-ad700
Jan 19, 2008 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oscar2k23

New Head-Fier
I am trying to setup my new headset with the xtremegamer fatal1ty soundcard I have for gaming. In the speaker selection should I set them as headphone, 5.1, or 7.1? Also should I turn on cmss-3d? How about the crystalizer? Also should I have them synchronized with the windows control panel?

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 6
put speaker to stereo or 2.0. Putting them on "headphones" kills the soundstage and quality in general. 5.1 or 7.1 is for surround sound speakers.
CMSS-3D you can turn on when gaming, crystalizer = off unless you want super duper colored sound.

Jan 20, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Agree with the above.

Except I'd definitely keep the crystalizer off for gaming unless you want to fry your ears with piercing high frequencies :p

CMSS-3D is Creative's virtual surround sound technology. I'd definitely put this on for gaming (but not for music) and if there's an option for CMSS-3D headphones, use that (I'm not sure as I don't own the card, but understand you can also use CMSS-3D for speakers so there *should* be an option).

Have fun with the new setup. You're definitely in for a treat. The AD700's are KICKASS for gaming
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 6
We already gave you suggestions man, I already said 5.1 is useless for stereo headphones? So is 2.1 since there's no third signal for a subwoofer?

Go buy those Razer 5.1 headphones, they are 10 times better than you're AD700's and uses badass 5.1 surround sound..........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back