X Cans V2 - where to buy online???
Oct 7, 2001 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gorgon_123

Proud to be a member
I've searched for this amp locally and can't seem to find it anywhere. And looking for an online retailer has proved fruitless. I've heard of people buying it from audioadvisor.com but they no longer carry it.

I had pretty much decided on getting the MG Head but I finally discovered that the X Cans V2 cost about the same, if not less than the Head. Two tube headphone amps under $300. Woohoo
smily_headphones1.gif

Sooo.... can someone please point this ignorant young lad in the right direction!! (Or do I have to actually pick up a phone.... how passé!!
wink.gif
)

Oct 7, 2001 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 9
Have you contacted Kevin at Upscale Audio? He picked up the Music Fidelity Line and has a big ad in the October Stereophile but no reference to the X series components. Kevin also carries the Antique Labs line and has the tubes if you want to try different tubes.

Oct 8, 2001 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 9
www.acousticsounds.com has the X-can V2 for a bit less than Galen Carol ($269 vs. $295). They have an ad in the latest Stereophile. It's not on their site, but you can call and they will ship (yep, you'll have to use the phone
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Oct 10, 2001 at 5:47 AM Post #9 of 9
just posting this before this thread before it gets lost in the archives and someone does a search on x cans (and where to buy it online).

(I suppose on some level I'm trying to grow the head-fi archives as much as possible.......)

anyway, FYI: Kevin over at upscale audio (http://www.upscaleaudio.com) has the X Cans v2 for sale, though it isn't listed on his site.

his words:
Quote:

They are $295 delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back