X-Can v2 Volume Control Knob
Sep 23, 2002 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Magic77

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone ever replaced or found a better Volume Knob for the X-Cans?

I know this is one feature people don't like about the X-Cans, but if you could put a larger Knob on the pot it would surely be better.

I haven't been able to find another type knob that would fit. Have any other X-Cans owners done anything?

Sep 24, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 8
Hmmm, it is a bit of a cheapie, but it would be hard to find another that fit the look of the can so well. Perhaps something smallish, but in a knurled chrome finish?

Sep 27, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 8
I'd really like to find out if there is a good pot that could replace the cheesy little thing that comes with the X-Cans. Don't get me wrong, I love my X-Cans, but I would have expected a bit more.

Enclosed is a link from someone who did replace the pot with something better...and bigger. This was more than I had in mind, however. I'd like to have something that I can swap more or less size-for-size.

Anyone else have any ideas?
confused.gif

http://headwize.powerpill.org/ubb/sh...6&srch=x-cans;

Jun 4, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 8
I was just about to post the same question but decided to do a search first. The only problem that I can see is the fact that the potentiometer shaft doesn't stick out far enough for a 'normal' knob to grab on to. I went to the local music store an bought a nice black knurled metal guitar volume knob. I have been scratching my head ever since. I just e-mailed an electronics genius friend of mine. He might have a solution.

p.s. elrod-tom's link doesn't work
confused.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Magic77
Has anyone ever replaced or found a better Volume Knob for the X-Cans?

I know this is one feature people don't like about the X-Cans, but if you could put a larger Knob on the pot it would surely be better.

I haven't been able to find another type knob that would fit. Have any other X-Cans owners done anything?

IIRC Pinkfloyd (the headfi member, not the band) has a mod for it in his website, just contact him, or give the website a look....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back