WYRED4SOUND CABLE
Jul 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BrucYSN

500+ Head-Fier
I Just wanna to know how's their cable. I brought the power cords and ICs along with the DAC-2 altogether. I know ignorant is bliss. I just can't help to wonder how is their cable compare to other cable dedicated company at similar price? 

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
I Just wanna to know how's their cable. I brought the power cords and ICs along with the DAC-2 altogether. I know ignorant is bliss. I just can't help to wonder how is their cable compare to other cable dedicated company at similar price? 

I bought one of their Balanced cable to go from my DAC-2 to the V200.  I was using an MIT MI 330 unbalanced cable.  I'm not sure how much off the sonic change was due to going unbalance to balanced but when I put in the W4S cable my LCD's came alive.  I think the MIT MI 330 cable was holding back my system.  Currently I'm thinking about their USB cable and the power cable.  I'm thinking I might trust their cable choice since their DAC is so excellent.  The balanced cable is a mixture of copper and silver.  

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Glad to hear, lol, i was just shopping for a cable for to connect my transport, i was using some generic cable and than move to new place , so everything is still in boxes and haven't got much time to enjoy the new transport. Although I wouldn't suggest getting a very expensive USB since it's carrying digital signal, scientifically cable won't make them SOUND different, lol a better build quality cable is good enough. Although get the power cords for sure. 

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Glad to hear, lol, i was just shopping for a cable for to connect my transport, i was using some generic cable and than move to new place , so everything is still in boxes and haven't got much time to enjoy the new transport. Although I wouldn't suggest getting a very expensive USB since it's carrying digital signal, scientifically cable won't make them SOUND different, lol a better build quality cable is good enough. Although get the power cords for sure. 

I never make a judgement on the science of a cable or an audio component.  I use my ears.   I remember when CD's first came out in the early 80's.  "Perfect Sound" forever "it's just 0's and 1's don't waste your money on expensive DAC's".   30 years later the digital 1's and 0's are still far from perfect.

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Well there is a thread regarding the USB cable you can check em out, I got a $100 usb myself ( used so much cheaper ) but i never care to do any comparison lol. 

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Well there is a thread regarding the USB cable you can check em out, I got a $100 usb myself ( used so much cheaper ) but i never care to do any comparison lol. 

Oh yeah I know the thread.  Lots of scientific data.  I toss it in with the "all DACs sound the same, cables make no difference, I don't believe in burn in" crowd.   I've been an audiophile for over 30 years and I've learned to test with my ears.

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #7 of 8
30 years? wow, you look  a lot younger on ur profile pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back